Describe the Sith Code / Describe the Jedi Code

Lordmird

Describe the Sith Code and explain. What does it mean to you?

Describe the Jedi Code and explain. What does the Jedi Code mean to you?

Sith Code:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.'

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me.

Jedi Code:

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force

An interesting question, and I shall do my best to answer:

To be a Jedi is to master ones emotions and achieve attunement with the Force. The Jedi Code helps then willingly embrace the Force and become extensions of its will, through achieving inner peace and serenity they become hollow shells for the Force to fill and make them its weapons of light in the darkness.

To be a Sith is to embrace ones emotions and channel them into dark side power. The Sith Code teaches them to reject the controlling efforts of the Force and instead dominate it with their own will and make the Force their weapon. The stronger their emotions and the stronger their will the greater control over the Force they achieve and the greater power they wield.

In short, to be a Jedi is to be wielded by the Force. To be a Sith is to wield it.

The weaknesses, strengths?

To be a Jedi is to restrict ones power, as a weapon ones power is limited and finite. However as a weapon you do not waver and you do not lose control, and in harmony with the Force you are at peace, and you can never truly be destroyed, you will live forever in the Force.

To be a Sith is too be in constant battle with the Force for dominance. Many are not strong enough to control the Force, and instead become controlled by it, by their emotions, they lose control. And even those who are strong enough, become corrupted by the never ending struggle, and are doomed to live in constant battle, and in death eventually lose. But in life you can wield unlimited power, the Force is your weapon and the Force is infinite, only your own strength of will prevents you from becoming unstoppable.

*waits for Aurbere's judgement* :D

I agree with the last paragraph^

In my eyes, what mostly makes a Sith, is the determination to keep pushing harder, breaking free from negatives such as self-doubt ( chains)

To push yourself harder is to challenge yourself in as many ways as possible.

When people say things like "Being a sith is taking what you want when you want, and it's all about you"

I STRONGLY disagree with this, mainly because,

Being a sith does not mean it's only about you. You *need* others, so they can challenge you. You challenge them, the stronger they get, the more challenging it is for you.

(My mind is dead right now, I usually go a lot more philosophical about the Code, but :/ )

The sith code, is a lot of what beni said, but that is what one would do taking it seriously and literally. For me, the sith code is......okay, there's no way I can do it without restating it....

Peace is a lie, there is only passion- wookiepedia does state that it was likley made as a direct contrast to the jedi code. My interpetation of it is "Follow your passion, even if it means no peace".

Through Passion, I gain strength- "Use those passions to empower yourself"

Through Strength, I gain power- "With self-empowerment, you conquer others"

Through Power, I gain victory - "Conquest brings about victory"

Through Victory, my chains are broken- "Conquest frees you of your restrictions, physical or mental"

The force shall free me- "You are no longer bound because of your power with the force"

In all, the Sith Code can be motivating or destructing depending on how seriously you take it.

Now the jedi code. Beni kinda hit my interpetation of it with unexpected words, but I'll still disassemble it.

There is no emotion, there is peace-"Cast your emotions and you will find peace"

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge-"Nothing is useless, everything has a purpose"

There is no passion, there is serenity-"Remove yourself of your desires and achieve a calm of mind"

There is no chaos, there is harmony-"All things are connected" (took me a bit to think of that)

There is no death, there is the force-"Nothing dies, but rather becomes one with the force"

In short, I think the jedi code casts out emotion to achieve peace, and the sith code casts out peace to embrace emotions for power.

The Jedi Code is not a guidline for the Jedi Order. It is a mantra to help a Jedi facing difficult situations.

There is no emotion, there is peace. -> try to put your emotions aside and calm your thoughts, because you need to think clearly

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. -> remember what you have learned, what you already know, it will help you making the right decisions

There is no passion, there is serenity. -> don't act on what your primal impuls/instincts say, instead, stay calm

There is no chaos, there is harmony. -> remember the purpose of the Jedi Order: Preserving peace and justice

There is no death, there is the Force. -> don't fear death, because you will become one with the Force

A Jedi would recite the code before battle, when facing danger or torture or similar things. It would help them to get through without loosing control or falling to the dark side.

The Sith Code is a... well, kind of a poem, which describes the way of an individual Sith. But almost all Sith stop in the middle:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power... oh, there are other Sith with power. I'll have to fight them and defeat all of them to gain victory.

Edited by Maaruin

There is no emotion, there is peace. Like many great heros, i'll use Domon Kassu from Mobile Fighter G Gundam, to elaborate. To gain his strongest power, he had to become serene, no hate, nothing except himself and then he became the ultimate fighter.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. One should not close off his mind, for knowing more about the force and yourself, the better of a person you become.

There is no passion, there is serenity. Again I point to Domon Kassu. When he gained control of his emotions and passions, he was able to surpass his master.

There is no chaos, there is harmony. This means many things. To achieve harmony in yourself, you must conquer your own chaos, once you bring harmony to yourself, you can help bring harmony to the rest of the world around you.

There is no death, there is the Force. The force binds all things, in life and death. Master yourself, and you truly become one with the force in life and in death.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Peace makes you weak. Without conflict you stagnate. Passion gives you drive to not become weak.

Through passion, I gain strength. The more passionate about something you become, the more driven you are, the stronger you become.

Through strength, I gain power. As you gain that strength, and channel it, the more powerful you become.

Through power, I gain victory. When you become powerful enough, you can challenge those who stand in your way and you can defeat them.

Through victory, my chains are broken. Through victory your enemies are gone and nothing but you remain.

The Force shall free me. Through the force, you are free of control and free to do as you please. You control your passion, your strength, you can control the world around you.

no. Every line is how I interpreted the Sith code. It just gets summed up in the last two lines.

Woops, I wrote that wrong.

Meant to say:

The only part of your interpretation of the sith code I didn't agree with were the last two lines.

My mistake

Jedi Code - mumbling rumbling and the way of stagnancy that leads to stupidity and servitude of idiocy

Sith Code - progress

That cannot sir, be proven except through millenia of consistent application of both code and heavy research on jedi and sith.

But I agree xD

Woops, I wrote that wrong.

Meant to say:

The only part of your interpretation of the sith code I didn't agree with were the last two lines.

My mistake

well it's all about how you see the sith code. It's the way I see the code and the way i would use it to empower myself...IF i was a sith. Malagus[sorry if i misspelled, i can't spell for crap], to me seemed like a good summation of my last two lines if i ever saw it. like obi-wan said, a certain point of view.