A New BF Game Becomes More Of A Reality Today

TheBBP

DICE Forming LA Studio, 'People Stood Up And Cheered' At News Of Upcoming Star Wars Work

Today marks a big step for EA on its path to new games based on its newly acquired Star Wars license. The publisher has revealed that it's Stockholm-based DICE studio has opened up a Los Angeles office to work on the franchise.

Locating in southern California was no accident according to DICE general manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson. "It's no secret that our main competitor is there," he told the Wall Street Journal. This should certainly heat up the competition between Battlefield and its chief rival, Activision's titanic Call of Duty franchise.

Story continued HERE.

I don't know much about DICE but there's not much you can do wrong when making a 1st person shooter. Good graphics, good interface etc. they seem to have that down so I look forward to big things from them.

Whether I wanted BF3 to be mass produced like Battlefield... I don't know.

I don't know much about DICE but there's not much you can do wrong when making a 1st person shooter. Good graphics, good interface etc. they seem to have that down so I look forward to big things from them.

Whether I wanted BF3 to be mass produced like Battlefield... I don't know.

Can't do much to make a FPS wrong? You don't play many FPS games do you?

Mass produced like Battlefield? What does that mean? Battlefield is a very good game.

Can't do much to make a FPS wrong? You don't play many FPS games do you?

Mass produced like Battlefield? What does that mean? Battlefield is a very good game.

Nope. But really, surely if you have a decent level of experience you can't mess up that bad. At the end of the day your just shooting stuff. :D

And I'm not saying Battlefield is bad, in fact it looks pretty good. I'm just not sure if want a Battefront installment released every year (or sometimes more the once in a year) forcing me (as a big fan) to keep buying and buying for minimal new content/improvements. I rather single installments with at least a couple of years gap so each one is significantly better than the prievous, basically worth the money. I mean to demonstrate:

Battlefield release timeline

2002 Battlefield 1942

2003 Battlefield 1942: The Road to Rome

2003 Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII

2004 Battlefield Vietnam

2005 Battlefield 2

2005 Battlefield 2: Special Forces

2005 Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

2006 Battlefield 2: Euro Forces

2006 Battlefield 2: Armored Fury

2006 Battlefield 2142

2007 Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike

2008 Battlefield: Bad Company

2009 Battlefield Heroes

2009 Battlefield 1943

2010 Battlefield: Bad Company 2

2010 Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam

2010 Battlefield Online

2011 Battlefield Play4Free

2011 Battlefield 3

2011 Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

2012 Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

2012 Battlefield 3: Armored Kill

2012 Battlefield 3: Aftermath

2013 Battlefield 3: End Game

2013 Battlefield 4

^^ That is kinda ridiculous. And again, as a major Star Wars fan I'd be tempted to by them all. That's roughly £1125 over a decade - assuming inflation doesn't exist. Forgive me for the lengthy post but I'd just putting my views out there. Basically I love cake, but I don't want it to be stuffed in my face like

I just hope Battlefront 3 doesn't become another "OMG COD KILLER CALL OF DUTY IS SO DEAD" parade.

It's what they did with Battlefield 3. Nobody wants a damn COD killer. We want a BATTLEFRONT game. Not a game built to "destroy" another game by appealing to its mentally challenged fanbase (The majority of it, anyway.)

is it a first person shoooter or smething they making?

Nobody outside of those offices knows yet. However, giving what DICE excels at added to the fact that the fans have been badly wanting a new BF game, you might be able to safely speculate so. It is still speculation though.

I just hope Battlefront 3 doesn't become another "OMG COD KILLER CALL OF DUTY IS SO DEAD" parade.

It's what they did with Battlefield 3. Nobody wants a damn COD killer. We want a BATTLEFRONT game. Not a game built to "destroy" another game by appealing to its mentally challenged fanbase (The majority of it, anyway.)

That is going to happen in some circles regardless. Some folks can't just let Battlefield/Battlefront be their own games, they want to beat the big dog.

Not a big fan of DLC either. Kinda feels like they've cut part of the game and are drip-feeding it to me at a cost. But hey, we'll see.

DLC is a big part of gaming with most companies now. In a lot of cases, DLC is great. Assassin's Creed 3 is a great example. The core game is great by itself. The DLC makes it even better.