chapter 16 arcann boss battle glitch?

thatsosteve

i really need helps on this boss fight because ive done everything and i mean EVERYTHING on this boss fight. the first couple times i tried it i lost but that was because i really didn't know what to do but now its driving me crazy!!!!! i cant get past this fight and at first i just thought it was me but that cant be the case because i looked up other players and walkthroughs and im doing the right thing but it doesn't make sense. every time i get to the end where you have to use the shield to block arcanns lighting and wack him with it i can never get close to him because i die before i can get t the top of the stairs. so i played for hours and tried everything med packs, certain strategics with with the shield and the super speed run, and even personal abilities that didn't work. because it time i would wack him with the shield and the lighting would strike me making me dizzy i would lose a tremendous amount of life even though i would regain some it wouldn't be enough and i cant use anything from the lighting strike point on. so each time i tried to walk up to him i would die before i could get up the stairs i think its a glitch i really cant tell but theirs nothing i can do because i cant use anything all i can do is walk up to him (very slowly i might add) and no matter what i do i never have enough life to reach him i had to repair my amour 3 times because i kept loosing so much i see other people doing it but they dont lose as much life as me can anybody help?:mad::mad::mad:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First edit the wall of text so the it's readable

then try the guide http://dulfy.net/2016/08/09/swtor-chapter-16-story-and-companion-recruitment-guide/

if that fails then look at your gear, are you in 190+ greens or better etc & check dulfy.net that you have the right type of gear for your advanced class & role

Edited by GythralSWTOR

You clearly didn't do *everything* or you'd have beaten it.

And I lose loads of life as I walk toward him, but:

* Try to be near the stairs when he switches to that phase of the fight, so it takes less time.

* Try to improve your gear so you have more health. I just did it on a Lightning Sorc with 208 everywhere and no augments and the magic Lightsabre of Arcann Slaying. (Having previously done it on a Gunnery Commando on 216+ everywhere and augments everywhere and the magic Assault Cannon of Arcann Slaying. Weirdly, it was easier on the Sorc.)

* Try to do whatever it is that I'm doing that I don't know what it is, that gives me a potent regeneration effect. My health goes up and down rather than down and down.

* Don't mess with Shield Bash until you get to Arcann in the last phase. I don't see that it does anything useful against the Force Manifestations.

i got new armor and still lost. sometimes i would get closer 2 him but i always die he will either kill me with the empower lighting or that kill target move. i cant beat him i dont think its me i watched other people on YouTube and they dont lose as much life as i do. and even if thats not the case my character moves super slow when i get 2 the steps and with the all that lighting hitting me i cant get my health back in time and well... i die ive done this a least 20 times trying something new each time. its really the last part he walks so freaking slow that its like hes standing there waiting 2 die i cant get up the steps fast enough to wack him and i cant use anything either all i can do is walk and he walks way 2 slow and i always die no matter what i do.

i got new armor and still lost. sometimes i would get closer 2 him but i always die he will either kill me with the empower lighting or that kill target move. i cant beat him i dont think its me i watched other people on YouTube and they dont lose as much life as i do. and even if thats not the case my character moves super slow when i get 2 the steps and with the all that lighting hitting me i cant get my health back in time and well... i die ive done this a least 20 times trying something new each time. its really the last part he walks so freaking slow that its like hes standing there waiting 2 die i cant get up the steps fast enough to wack him and i cant use anything either all i can do is walk and he walks way 2 slow and i always die no matter what i do.

Are you using the shield?

Are you using the shield?

That was going to be my question.

OP: the shield will protect you from the lightning and stuff. (I didn't even know there *was* a kill move.) When you get close enough to Arcann (and he is your selected target), the shield-bash button on your bar will light up, which is your signal to whack him good and proper with it, then some spoilery stuff happens.

AND: it isn't the shields you can pick up earlier in the chapter. It is lying on the ground on the right-hand edge of the battle area (facing away from the door you came in by). That shield. Run over, pick it up, then burn Force Manifestations when they appear, and Arcann otherwise (follow the yellow arrow streams), until the last phase (at which point Arcann will have between 50K and 100K health left). At this point, put up the shield and advance. During the Force Manifestation phase, Arcann will cast a (slo-o-o-o-ow) ability which shows a sort of yellow pie-chart segment with him at the corner. Get out of the segment because it is a *huge* knock-back/stun.

Also: try to spend as much time during the Force Manifestation stage at the end of the battle zone near the stairs.

• 3 months later...
I am also having problems. After I bash Arcann the first time I end up on the far side of the room and cannot walk anywhere. I can keep my health up indefinitely, but what is the point if I can't move to finish him.

Same here.... after he jumps up to his stairs i can't move anywhere

I have exactly the same problem, after today update.

No info or whatsever about this issue.

How the f..ck are we to play the game when one of the main story points is not working ?

How the f...ck is it possible that this did not came out during tests ? :mad:

I'm so dissapointed that I cosider to quit from subscribing and recommend not to play the game with such critical issues :(

Having exact same problem. He jumps up the stairs, can't move and I just die. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that I had already completed chapters 15-16, and I have the tokens showing that I've done it (story mode), but it is still making me do them again before unlocking the new stuff.

I think its a glitch as well. When Arcann jumps to the stairs, I also get stunned and lose alot of health. When my character regains consciousness, I can only look side to side, I can't move. And to you snarky people, yes, I did use my shield. On my last attempt, attempt #3 or 4, I looked at my buffs. It said bc i was struck by lightning, I could not longer move; however, I didn't have to see how long this buff lasts until I died. I did everything I was supposed to. I am lvl 65, and all of my gear, except my main lightsaber which is needed for this quest, is lvl 208. I looked at that guide, and it says i should be able to walk towards Arcann using the shield. This is not the case. Not only can I not walk anywhere using the shield, the shield does not protect me from damage. Does that sound like user error or a glitch to you?

Same thing for me - :-( Tried 3 times - cant move when he goes to last stage of fight

I can look around. I cannot use medkits or similar or walk and it keeps saying that I'm stunned and everything is greyed out.

Up to the second time it was a fairly easy fight, but with this bug its an impossibility.

It has not yet been fixed.

Edited by Galen_S_Marek