Rested XP what what what?

WingsandRings

So I'm looking at my XP bar, and it's saying i have 11749/157365 xp points (21689 rested). When I look down at my bar, there's green/yellow, and then an extra bubble outline that isn't filled in. What is rested state? Why do I have 2 different amounts of XP and how can I/should I get my rested XP "cashed in?"

Basically what is rested XP and what do I do with it?

Rested XP let's you get more XP for killing mobs. Basically double.

Let's say:

1. You have 10,000 rested xp

2. You kill a mob that would normally be worth 500 xp

3. Instead, you get 1,000 xp for killing the mob.

4. You now have 9,500 rested xp left.

Once you've used up your rested xp, you go back to getting the regular amount for killing each mob.

It doesn't affect xp for quests or bonuses, just for kills.

You gain rested XP by being logged out of the game. If you log out in a cantina, the fleet, or your personal spaceship, you gain rested xp more quickly.

You can only have as much rested XP as your current level's total XP. It takes approximately a week of being logged out in a cantina to get a full bar of rested XP.

Hmm. That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope this helps.

Edited by Khevar

Rested XP let's you get more XP for killing mobs. Basically double.

Let's say:

1. You have 10,000 rested xp

2. You kill a mob that would normally be worth 500 xp

3. Instead, you get 1,000 xp for killing the mob.

4. You now have 9,500 rested xp left.

Once you've used up your rested xp, you go back to getting the regular amount for killing each mob.

It doesn't affect xp for quests or bonuses, just for kills.

You gain rested XP by being logged out of the game. If you log out in a cantina, the fleet, or your personal spaceship, you gain rested xp more quickly.

You can only have as much rested XP as your current level's total XP. It takes approximately a week of being logged out in a cantina to get a full bar of rested XP.

Hmm. That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope this helps.

Couple of more points:

quest XP pushes your rested XP further down the line, so the more quests you complete the further along the leveling process your rested XP will last. So if you need 100,000 XP for a level and at the start of that level you killed 10 mobs for 500 XP each (including the rested XP bonus), you now have 95,000 XP to go to level and 95,000 rested XP, and then you turn in that quest and get 5000 XP, you now have 90,000 XP to go to level but you still have 95,000 rested XP. That extra 5000 carries over into the next level.

The amount of time to get to "full" rested XP increases as you level. As you level, the XP needed to achieve level increases, but the speed at which you gain rested XP never changes. So in early levels resting for a couple of days will get you max rested XP, but yes once you hit level 40 or so it will take a week to get back to full.

Those points having been made and with them in mind, you can work the system so that you never lose the rested XP bonus. If you create a character, and play him/her a few hours a day/night, but not every day of the week, chances are pretty good that you will maintain rested XP throughout the leveling process.