High Impact Bolt Animation is Very Disappointing

Budokan

Having played a Bounty Hunter and Trooper, I find the Trooper's High Impact Bolt animation and sound effect to be very disappointing and underwhelming. It is supposed to be a very "powerful" shot, but looks and sounds just like "splat".

Whereas the Bounty Hunter's Rail Shot just looks and sounds very powerful, the shot even leaves behind a trail of smoke after you've fired it, and sound effect is like it can pierce armor.

I strongly suggest changing the animation and sound effect of High Impact Bolt to that of Rail Shot. Who's with me?

Pretty much 90% of the trooper animations are horrible.

Tracer Missile used to use Fusion Missile animation and vice-versa, so people spamming Tracer Missile were basically spamming the Butt-Missile. Heck, someone even edited a clip of Episode 2 to give us this gem:

I finally logged on my commando just earlier to test him out after a long absence and I do agree, HIB is very underwhelming, like most of the animations. You guys get Stockstrike as the Republic version of Rocket Punch, right? Yeah, even your out-of-battle-healing animation looks like garbage. It makes sense, but still boring. I might play my Trooper more of the animations didn't bore me to tears, and I normally don't even consider animations as something to consider, but this is a Star Wars game, I'm not used to being bored.

I suffered through the original Tracer Missile. HiB never really bothered me and I'm somewhat a fan of abilities that don't draw attention to you over ones that do. ;)

As for railshot... it sounds nice but unless it's a killing blow, it's underwhelming. TBH, I've killed more people with Explosive Dart than Rail Shot because of all the force speed running away. As for Rocket Punch vs Stockstrike... Rocket Punch was great when it had the knockback. Just didn't quite compared to harpooning a fleeing Sorc and stockstriking them in the face though. That meaty crunch was a killing blow more often than not and I found it quite satisfying. :D

What bothered me more was all the wimpy sound effects that 98% of the blaster rifles out there have compared to pistols.

Yeah, it does pale in comparison to rail shot. And I'm sure most of us tried the dragon...errr rocket punch when we were kids, lol

Stockstrike is oddly satisfying though. I like to use it as a finisher. Troopers get all these explosions and big AoEs, and you finish em off by smacking them with the butt of your weapon, it's classic!