Kabe's Digital Drawings

kabeone

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Broan's expression and posture, enjoying the dance but looking concerned that he might step on Rochester's toes. Almost a metaphor for their relationship. Really very nice, Kabe.

Thanks! I always wonder if what I'm trying to draw comes through at all when it comes to emotions and motivation. I'm so happy when people see it.

Beautiful Kabe! It looks like such a wonderful moment in their relationship. I feel like I'm intruding just looking at the scene.

Imagine it started out with me drawing them dancing like that naked. :D

I love them and they look amazing :D

Do you mind if I just start throwing love in your direction? I can't wait to see the rest of this series!

I accept all love thrown in my direction, especially if it comes in the form of stories, but wouldn't want to push more stories more stories *cough* :o

Wow, Kabe. Just absolutely wow. Adris looks fantastic. I just... fangirl squeed at my boyfriend. I love you! I can't offer love in the form of Rochester and Broan stories but I can tackle hug you across internets next time I see you.

Really, this is spectacular. Thank you so much.

Wow, Kabe. Just absolutely wow. Adris looks fantastic. I just... fangirl squeed at my boyfriend. I love you! I can't offer love in the form of Rochester and Broan stories but I can tackle hug you across internets next time I see you.

Really, this is spectacular. Thank you so much.

Yay! Glad you like it. Adris is handsome, I had to keep telling him to stop smoldering at me, swing is not smolder-y.

And more stories? Certainly :3

:D:D:D

Gorgeous. Like they're still moving. I like this a lot, Kabe.

I really want to praise this picture with more and better words, but my brain is circling around it without getting anything straight except for: Loveitloveitloveit...

Thanks!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/dbca85afae7d2740b629af759de541b7/tumblr_mhpk8iCSWa1rc6qsko1_500.png

The real quote from Lovecraft, The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath

[O]utside the ordered universe [is] that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Kabe, I love this pic. It's what I had in mind when I wrote the fic--Varrel a little indulgent, a little paternal, Vette enjoying his nice side. Thank you so much.

Varrel's moments with Vette, so far, have been very sweet and a little sad. I just love him so much. (And I love Vette, I just wish lekku weren't so darn hard to draw)

So um, are people able to request drawings or do you reserve them for select people? :o

I've done a swtor chibi request on tumblr a couple times but I've never exactly done open requests. My understanding of requests is that a person describes a character (possibly gives screenshots) then describes what they're doing/wearing etc and then I draw that. I am not good enough to draw that way.

Mostly I just draw whatever I want and hope the owner of the character I stole/abused/drew likes it, which is why it tends to be fanart of fanfic from the Short Fic Thread over in the fanfic sub-forum.

Thanks for asking :)

Edit to add: Suggestions are always welcome, I love all sources of inspiration as long as it's OK that I don't draw the suggestion if I'm not feeling up to it.

Edited by kabeone

Featuring Vette (customization 1) and Striges's Sith Warrior Varrel Umrahiel.

Inspired by this short fic in particular.

The quote featured in the story and picture is a Darkovan proverb from the Darkover series by Marion Zimmer Bradley.

Kabe, these two just look amazing. There's a sense of simple pleasure between them - pleasure in the act of dancing - that's just so nice and wonderfully subtle. Plus I secretly ship Vette/Varrel XD

Also, Kabe, you can abuse my boys in your piccus all you want. Just so long as you share :D

Pictures!!!!!

Ok, first, Adris is hot. :D

Second, Varrel and Vette is just...gah, words are gone. Ok, so every time I read a Varrel story there's this music that pops into my head. It's this slightly dark, slow pizzicato (that's when you pluck the strings instead of using a bow for those of you, like myself, who didn't know it off the top of their head). And yep, I can hear it again when I look at this pic :)

Third, Lovecraft mixes in a LOT better with SW than I ever would have thought, lol.

Ok, first, Adris is hot. :D

Adris is gorgeous and the best part is, he's a frickin' twin. I have plans for him to romance Temple when he gets to Hoth, but I kind of want to make an OC for my OC. Like I kind of already did hooking up then breaking up him and Brei'yu. That way I can have smoldery Adris-goodness while still getting Vector vicariously through Brei. Holy damn, I'm sick in the head.

Kabe, you're a certified genius. I looked at information about Azathoth for like an hour trying to come up with star wars-y Lovecraft and came up with zero. Azathoth the Hutt is freaking brilliant. I was so amused.

Vette dancing with Varrel was touching. A great unguarded moment.

And I'm totally with Tatile. Use any of my characters that inspire you, and then share with us! <3 <3 <3

Varrel's moments with Vette, so far, have been very sweet and a little sad. I just love him so much. (And I love Vette, I just wish lekku weren't so darn hard to draw)

And to date, both pics I've asked for involved Twi'leks. I need to fixate on an easier-to-draw species. Although the animators must have some of the same problems--every time one of my Twi'leks rides down in a lift their lekku float around like empty pantyhose on a clothesline.

I love this pic. It's at home in my official character file for Varrel.

Second, Varrel and Vette is just...gah, words are gone. Ok, so every time I read a Varrel story there's this music that pops into my head. It's this slightly dark, slow pizzicato (that's when you pluck the strings instead of using a bow for those of you, like myself, who didn't know it off the top of their head). And yep, I can hear it again when I look at this pic :).

I don't often think of my characters having a soundtrack per se, but your description totally fits.

Suggestion for A Youngling's Guide to the Great Old Ones and Other Denizens of the Outer Planes:

Nenth is for Nyarlathotep, Harbinger of the Emperor. "Where Nyarlathotep went, rest vanished, for the small hours were rent with the screams of nightmares."

Complete paragraph, from "Nyarlathotep" (1920):

And it was then that Nyarlathotep came out of Egypt. Who he was, none could tell, but he was of the old native blood and looked like a Pharaoh. The fellahin knelt when they saw him, yet could not say why. He said he had risen up out of the blackness of twenty-seven centuries, and that he had heard messages from places not on this planet. Into the lands of civilisation came Nyarlathotep, swarthy, slender, and sinister, always buying strange instruments of glass and metal and combining them into instruments yet stranger. He spoke much of the sciences of electricity and psychology and gave exhibitions of power which sent his spectators away speechless, yet which swelled his fame to exceeding magnitude. Men advised one another to see Nyarlathotep, and shuddered. And where Nyarlathotep went, rest vanished, for the small hours were rent with the screams of nightmare. Never before had the screams of nightmare been such a public problem; now the wise men almost wished they could forbid sleep in the small hours, that the shrieks of cities might less horribly disturb the pale, pitying moon as it glimmered on green waters gliding under bridges, and old steeples crumbling against a sickly sky.

Yeah, I'm obsessed; it's the name of my algae-eater (plecostomus) fish.

Yeah, I'm obsessed; it's the name of my algae-eater (plecostomus) fish.

I have a different idea for Nyarlathotep but I couldn't resist.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/90c615781f0283a633e4680312340a2b/tumblr_mhrdzt1yKD1rc6qsko1_1280.png

(bushy nose plecostomus) seemed fitting.

Edited by kabeone

Dear Kabe,

I made a Tumblr specifically to follow you. I have not even the slightest clue how to use it or what else I'm supposed to do with it beyond looking at your stuff.

That said, Scourge tango. F'ing sexiest thing I've seen. Holy damn.

Little late here, but I also did this....

I have a different idea for Nyarlathotep but I couldn't resist.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/90c615781f0283a633e4680312340a2b/tumblr_mhrdzt1yKD1rc6qsko1_1280.png

(bushy nose plecostomus) seemed fitting.

My Chibi Pleco :D

Actually, he (it?) looks a lot like this pic. Spots and all lol.