Did Vader ever try to clone Padme?

Slowpokeking

I guess that would be interesting.

No, he didn't. But it makes sense - consider:

(1) Vader, even before he 'fell", was a supremely self-centered person. His love for Padme reads more like obsession, and the novelisation of Ep. III (with George Lucas' consent) has him dipping into domestic abuse toward her as the war takes a toll on his ideals. This establishes that - especially as DS! Anakin - he's only going to clone her for his own ends, not out of some fundamentally loving (if disconnected from reality) desire to "make it right".

(2) One of the consequences of his fall and the manner in which it happened is that Vader loathes himself, again confirmed by George Lucas. Not to mention the comic Resurrection, in which his answer to the question "What could you hate enough to destroy me?" from his opponent is "Myself". This establishes that he doesn't consider himself worthy of happiness or fulfilment, which - in accordance with his self-centered nature, above - means that there is no reason from his perspective to clone Padme.

Not to mention that (1) he knows it wouldn't be Padme (unless you're bug**** nuts, the Force doesn't allow that kind of delusion to go on for long), and (2) at some level, he suspected that Palpatine had Padme killed to remove competition for his loyalty - meaning that if he did clone her, Palpatine would probably go after the clone too.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he didn't. But it makes sense - consider:

(1) Vader, even before he 'fell", was a supremely self-centered person. His love for Padme reads more like obsession, and the novelisation of Ep. III (with George Lucas' consent) has him dipping into domestic abuse toward her as the war takes a toll on his ideals. This establishes that - especially as DS! Anakin - he's only going to clone her for his own ends, not out of some fundamentally loving (if disconnected from reality) desire to "make it right".

(2) One of the consequences of his fall and the manner in which it happened is that Vader loathes himself, again confirmed by George Lucas. Not to mention the comic Resurrection, in which his answer to the question "What could you hate enough to destroy me?" from his opponent is "Myself". This establishes that he doesn't consider himself worthy of happiness or fulfilment, which - in accordance with his self-centered nature, above - means that there is no reason from his perspective to clone Padme.

Not to mention that (1) he knows it wouldn't be Padme (unless you're bug**** nuts, the Force doesn't allow that kind of delusion to go on for long), and (2) at some level, he suspected that Palpatine had Padme killed to remove competition for his loyalty - meaning that if he did clone her, Palpatine would probably go after the clone too.

He could have keep her as a secret like he did with Starkiller.

It's from the Thrawn Trilogy, paraphrased obviously, but the basic idea is that since the Force permeates us all, penetrates and binds us (Obi-Wan/Ben Kenobi), it has an effect on developing clones. However since the Clone Troopers were given genetic modifications and advanced neural programming during the process they would be altered, but a normal clone would be very similar to the original.

However it had a different effect on force users, for example Jorus C'baoth and his clone Joruus, and the weird effect that Luke's Clone (Luuke Skywalker) had on him, means that madness if pretty much inevitable for any force users involved.

That was an early idea that no longer holds any real canon save for in unstable Force sensitive clones. Starkiller had the opposite effect; everyone else thought he WAS Starkiller, and he was the only one who thought he wasn't, instead of vice versa. Also, Boba had no genetic modifications and he didn't think he was Jango. So in other words, AOTC proves wrong any viability in your statement. However, I will say this: you're right on one part; C'baoth definitely did think he was the real deal, and so did the Palpatine clones (I don't care what anyone says, it was retconned that they were not bodies with Palpatine's spirit, they were just clones who thought they were Palpatine).

character transfer doesn't work duh that's why bioware doesn't do it not like they are stupendous or anything.

And I LoLed hard @ this.

Back on topic:

We don't know enough about the process of cloning. We don't know how much if any brain scanning while alive is needed. We don't know what levels (if any) of cellular decay is acceptable to have a viable clone.

We have very limited information as to the process (it's needs and limits) and frankly can't put to much faith even in what we do know. Only the movies are given the top tier of "cannon-hood" with the books and then comics often being retconed as needed.

The gist of what we can reasonably say;

Thrawn clones - force user = unstable

AotC troops - madalorian's can be mass produced

Starkiller clones - stable force using clones (mostly sets the stage for...)

Retcon Emperor clones - the SWTOR emperor 2.0

Additional:

Fluid filled cylinders are involved (sparti? Something like that)

Rates of growth and gene tweaking is possible with process

Error rates exist

EDIT: it sucks to be bevel lemlisk - some type of recollection up to death can be done

????

Profit?

<shrug>

Edited by Corrupted_Soul
Additional info

Yup, but that doesn't resolve the problems Highborne raises. Also note that in the non-canon Endor edition, Sidious is aware of the clone. And in actual canon he found out about the real Starkiller, so its likely he'd discover Padme anyway.

(I don't care what anyone says, it was retconned that they were not bodies with Palpatine's spirit, they were just clones who thought they were Palpatine).
Wait? What? When did this happen? Last time I checked Palpatine created those clones to inhabit his spirit, and did so. Retcon that and you may as well do away with it all together... as it no longer makes canonical sense.

EDIT: Just checked again, it would seem that no such retcon has happened, not sure where you heard this... :confused:

Edited by Beniboybling

Wait? What? When did this happen? Last time I checked Palpatine created those clones to inhabit his spirit, and did so. Retcon that and you may as well do away with it all together... as it no longer makes canonical sense.

It didn't its shown that Palpatine transfers himself into empty clone bodies.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48765/1573539-new_picture__29_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48765/1573540-new_picture__30_.jpg

Pretty much shows right there, in the narration that Palpatine transfers himself into a clone body. You know actually thinking about it, that was pure genius on his part, no one that smart doesn't have a backup plan incase his 1st plan fails.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yup, but that doesn't resolve the problems Highborne raises. Also note that in the non-canon Endor edition, Sidious is aware of the clone. And in actual canon he found out about the real Starkiller, so its likely he'd discover Padme anyway.

Vader hates himself because he killed Padme, if he brought Padme back in a way, he would be different, just like when he met Luke, his good side started to awaken.

Starkiller is Force sensitive, he's much easier to detect. Also Vader still cloned him again, it's not like he thought Palpatine would find out so he would give up.

Vader hates himself because he killed Padme, if he brought Padme back in a way, he would be different, just like when he met Luke, his good side started to awaken.

Starkiller is Force sensitive, he's much easier to detect. Also Vader still cloned him again, it's not like he thought Palpatine would find out so he would give up.

For one, he doesn't want to be different. He's resigned himself completely to his fate and given in to the darkside, he says as much to his son. And secondly if
is Padme's reaction to Anakin falling to the darkside, what do you think her reaction will be when she sees what Vader will become? Complete horror. And what's Vader going to do with her exactly?

For one, he doesn't want to be different. He's resigned himself completely to his fate and given in to the darkside, he says as much to his son.

No he didn't, the clone Maul, Dark Woman and numerous people said there is still light in him, and in the end of RotJ we saw it's right, the light and love in his heart never ceased.

And secondly if
is Padme's reaction to Anakin falling to the darkside, what do you think her reaction will be when she sees what Vader will become? Complete horror. And what's Vader going to do with her exactly?[/color]

Padme clearly said "There is still good in him" when she died, of course she would try to bring him back to the light side, just like Luke did. She didn't give up the hope until her death, her son didn't give the hope since he knew Vader was his father, why would Padme give up simply because she saw Vader became cyborg?

Vader is going to be painful for a little while, but there is no way he would kill her because he could not make himself kill Padme even if it's just a clone, if that clone has Padme's memory and persona, he would start to love her sooner or later.

Edited by Slowpokeking

No he didn't, the clone Maul, Dark Woman and numerous people said there is still light in him, and in the end of RotJ we saw it's right, the light and love in his heart never ceased.
Really, Padme's reaction doesn't matter - although I believe she will be horrified to see what Anakin has become - because Vader just wouldn't do it. I'm not disputing that the light side in him was gone, but he refused to accept this, he refused to accept that their was any going back and so had resigned himself to the dark. That will never change unless someone makes it happen, and Padme can't make that happen because she would never exist unless Vader chose to change, which he never will alone.

Note the following:

Darth Vader: The Emperor has been expecting you.

Luke: I know, father.

Darth Vader: So, you have accepted the truth?

Luke: I have accepted that you were once Anakin Skywalker, my father.

Darth Vader: [angrily] That name no longer has any meaning for me!

Luke: It is the name of your true self. You've only forgotten. I know there is good in you. The Emperor hasn't driven it from you fully. That was why you couldn't destroy me. That's why you won't bring me to your Emperor now.

Vader: I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen.

Luke: Come with me.

Vader: Obi-Wan once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the dark side! I must obey my master.

Luke: I will not turn. And you'll be forced to kill me.

Vader: If that is your destiny.

Luke: Search your feelings, father. You can't do this. I feel the conflict within you! Let go of your hate!

Vader: It is... too late for me, son. The Emperor will show you the true nature of the Force. He is your master now.

Luke: [resigned] Then my father is truly dead.

And even if he does, again, why would he want to bring her back? He's not going to bring her back to help him turn back to the light, he doesn't even want that or think that's possible. Only when his son was dying in front of him was he pushed to do that, before he had rejected Luke's attempts at conversion.

Padme is nothing but a symbol of pain and regret for him and to him bringing her back will only intensify those feelings to an unbearable level. He can't even touch her. And do you really think Vader would want Padme to see what he has become? Would anyone? Would he even risk the chance of Sidious finding out? Of losing her again! And for what? He wouldn't bring her back with the intention of returning to the light, else he would have done so already.

Indeed the fact that he never did, yet had the capabilities, suggests this is his mentality.

/snip

Padme is nothing but a symbol of pain and regret for him and to him bringing her back will only intensify those feelings to an unbearable level. He can't even touch her. And do you really think Vader would want Padme to see what he has become? Would anyone? Would he even risk the chance of Sidious finding out? Of losing her again! And for what? He wouldn't bring her back with the intention of returning to the light, else he would have done so already.

Indeed the fact that he never did, yet had the capabilities, suggests this is his mentality.

^this.

This right here nails it on the head. There isn't anything i could add to that that doesn't make that a slam dunk right there.

Really, Padme's reaction doesn't matter - although I believe she will be horrified to see what Anakin has become - because Vader just wouldn't do it. I'm not disputing that the light side in him was gone, but he refused to accept this, he refused to accept that their was any going back and so had resigned himself to the dark. That will never change unless someone makes it happen, and Padme can't make that happen because she would never exist unless Vader chose to change, which he never will alone.

It's not the case, he refused to go back simply because of Padme's death. If he didn't want Padme to see him being a cyborg why would he be so desperate when he heard Padme was dead? Shouldn't he think "WOW glad she died, otherwise she would see me being a cyborg"?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060315174453/starwars/images/2/28/VadersRemorse.jpg

And even if he does, again, why would he want to bring her back? He's not going to bring her back to help him turn back to the light, he doesn't even want that or think that's possible. Only when his son was dying in front of him was he pushed to do that, before he had rejected Luke's attempts at conversion.

Because he loves her, he wanted to rule with her, together. He fall to the Dark Side because he wanted to save her. That's the sole reason he needs to do it. Are you saying he didn't want to be with Padme? Seriously?

He was still thinking of her, why wouldn't him want to bring her back? Padme became a pain because she's dead, if he could bring her back it's not such a pain anymore.

Let's say if Plagueis was there, he brought Padme back from death on the funeral of Naboo, would Vader yell "NO, SHE BRINGS ME THE PAIN" and kill her again? Hell no.

That opens another plot hole, he totally could clone himself and implant the limbs and skins to his body to fix it, but he didn't do it.

Edited by Slowpokeking

It's not the case, he refused to go back simply because of Padme's death. If he didn't want Padme to see him being a cyborg why would he be so desperate when he heard Padme was dead? Shouldn't he think "WOW glad she died, otherwise she would see me being a cyborg"?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060315174453/starwars/images/2/28/VadersRemorse.jpg[/url

He 'refused' to turn back to the light because he believed the dark side of the Force was stronger and believed that to follow it was his destiny, one he could not walk away from. If he clones Padme he knows that she'll try and make him see 'reason', but he doesn't agree with that reason and realises that because of that Padme will never love him.

Of course he isn't going to celebrate her death, but that does not mean by any stretch of the imagination that he would want her to see the monster he had become. He was evoking sadness and anger, and the remorse haunted him for the rest of his life. Remorse and pain that would only be intensified if he cloned Padme in some sick, perverse attempt to resurrect her, which would likely end in her second death.

Nor does Vader love Padme, he loved her. Padme is dead and there is no way he can bring her back, he is intelligent enough to know that a clone will not be her and not be the same, something made all the more obvious by the intense feelings he had for her. What's more, Padme rejected him. She refused to follow him and Vader realises that, he realises that it is his fault, not Obi-Wan's, that Padme died and that she just didn't want that life. Why would he think she would want it now? Now Vader is even more monstrous and enslaved to the dark side than before. Yes he wants to be with Padme, but simply put he cannot. Like I said he can't even touch her, and if he could it wouldn't be her, nor would he not fear her being completely repulsed by him in every way.

Cloning Padme would not ease the pain, because for one it is not Padme, and secondly their is no real way they could ever be together now Vader is a cyborg in a suit and a servant to the Emperor and fist of the Empire - there is no room for Padme in that equation. Of course he wouldn't kill her if Plagueis resurrect her, he's not crazy, but if Plageuis asked him he may very well say no. Not that that scenario can be applied given a clone is a whole different story.

Let's also remember that Vader force choked Padme. A clone would retain those memories, so why would she trust him, how could she bring herself to love Anakin when Anakin is very clearly dead? Vader realises this, 'resurrecting' her will only make all the regret and remorse manifest.

He 'refused' to turn back to the light because he believed the dark side of the Force was stronger and believed that to follow it was his destiny, one he could not walk away from. If he clones Padme he knows that she'll try and make him see 'reason', but he doesn't agree with that reason and realises that because of that Padme will never love him.

No, he realized the Dark Side is cruel, he was deceived by Sidious when he heard Padme is dead, he embraced it because he had no choice.

Of course he isn't going to celebrate her death, but that does not mean by any stretch of the imagination that he would want her to see the monster he had become. He was evoking sadness and anger, and the remorse haunted him for the rest of his life. Remorse and pain that would only be intensified if he cloned Padme in some sick, perverse attempt to resurrect her, which would likely end in her second death.

Then just make a clone of himself and implant the skins and limb, it would make him look a lot better.

There will be no remorse if he could bring Padme back.

Nor does Vader love Padme, he loved her. Padme is dead and there is no way he can bring her back, he is intelligent enough to know that a clone will not be her and not be the same, something made all the more obvious by the intense feelings he had for her. What's more, Padme rejected him. She refused to follow him and Vader realises that, he realises that it is his fault, not Obi-Wan's, that Padme died and that she just didn't want that life. Why would he think she would want it now? Now Vader is even more monstrous and enslaved to the dark side than before. Yes he wants to be with Padme, but simply put he cannot. Like I said he can't even touch her, and if he could it wouldn't be her, nor would he not fear her being completely repulsed by him in every way.

What the heck is this? He loves Padme, that's why he loves Luke, Luke was the child of him and Padme. Of course he would want to bring her back.

No, Padme didn't reject him, she disagreed but she never said she would leave him, instead she would stay with Vader and turn him back to the light side. Just like Luke did.

Cloning Padme would not ease the pain, because for one it is not Padme, and secondly their is no real way they could ever be together now Vader is a cyborg in a suit and a servant to the Emperor and fist of the Empire - there is no room for Padme in that equation. Of course he wouldn't kill her if Plagueis resurrect her, he's not crazy, but if Plageuis asked him he may very well say no. Not that that scenario can be applied given a clone is a whole different story.

Why can't they be together? Nobody said Vader could not have wife, even Palpatine himsefl had quite a few lovers. Nor did Palpatine ever say anything about it. Maybe he wanted them to breed another child for him to train or possess.

What? He fall to the Dark Side to save Padme from death, why would he refuse to bring Padme back? Where did that nonsense come from? He wanted to protect and was afraid to lose his loved ones, why would he refuse to get them back? It makes no sense on his personality at all.

Let's also remember that Vader force choked Padme. A clone would retain those memories, so why would she trust him, how could she bring herself to love Anakin when Anakin is very clearly dead? Vader realises this, 'resurrecting' her will only make all the regret and remorse manifest.

Yes he choked her, but it's not like she hates Anakin for that, she still thought Anakin could be redeemed, she still said "There is still good in him", No, Anakin is NEVER DEAD, he just fall to the Dark Side, it's just some nonsense made by Obi Wan. Even Luke knew, why would Padme forget?

With love, Vader would be able to return to the light side, that's exactly what we saw in RotJ. Seriously, are you trying to deny what happened in the end of RotS and RotJ?

Edited by Slowpokeking

I'm afraid you're missing my point. Given his personality - especially as Vader - he doesn't want to bring her back from the dead. And I'd bet money that Starkiller wasn't as secret as Vader hoped...Palpatine had a great many ways of staying one step ahead of all the wannabees to his throne.

I'm afraid you're missing my point. Given his personality - especially as Vader - he doesn't want to bring her back from the dead. And I'd bet money that Starkiller wasn't as secret as Vader hoped...Palpatine had a great many ways of staying one step ahead of all the wannabees to his throne.

He wasn't, Palpatine knew that Vader had an apprentice.

In the Star Wars universe the force causes a copy of the original personality to be imprinted on the new clone, so essentially it would be the same person, this even works after death.

The only downside is that if the person is force sensitive the clone will probably be crazy, if the original person is alive then the echoing of their lives via the force is maddening, if the original person is dead there is a significant chance they will remember dying, which is maddening.

I don't know if Padme was sensitive in any way to the force, but if she was this would explain why she wasn't cloned.

It's not the Force that causes the personality copy - it's the flash-learning programs put into the cloning tubes by the engineers.

What the Force does is undergo a kind of "resonance" between the original and the clone. If the clonemaster is patient and allows at least a year for the clone to reach maturity, the clone's mind can adjust to this resonance (like the clonetroopers, which were grown and trained over the course of nearly a decade). If they try to rush it, the resonance breaks the clone's mind instead, leading to Joruus C'Baoth.

It's not the Force that causes the personality copy - it's the flash-learning programs put into the cloning tubes by the engineers.

What the Force does is undergo a kind of "resonance" between the original and the clone. If the clonemaster is patient and allows at least a year for the clone to reach maturity, the clone's mind can adjust to this resonance (like the clonetroopers, which were grown and trained over the course of nearly a decade). If they try to rush it, the resonance breaks the clone's mind instead, leading to Joruus C'Baoth.

Not entirely sure...Vader cloned his apprentice many times, and they all went mad after months....even the one that was successful still was imperfect. Though he did have one perfect clone of Galen, that was full on darkside however were probably not gonna see him in TFU 3...so we really can just only go back the non-canon ending to TFU 2.

So ya...force users can be cloned, but its like a 1 and a million shot, probably 1 and a billion that it'll be a perfect clone, if we look at the non-canon dark apprentice anyway. It just isn't worth it to try to even clone a force user.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He does, he became a Jedi and fall into the Dark Side for the same reason, to prevent his loved ones from death, he didn't want to lose them. If he could bring his loved ones back even if it's not completely the real one, he would do it for sure.

It doesn't change him from trying to do so.

Edited by Slowpokeking

No, he realized the Dark Side is cruel, he was deceived by Sidious when he heard Padme is dead, he embraced it because he had no choice.
Then why would he attempt to turn Luke to the dark side and make the same 'we can rule the galaxy together' speech to him as he did Padme? It's clear that his mentality towards the dark side had not changed.

For the record, I'm guessing for some reason you can't just make a clone of yourself, hack off the body parts and stick them on yourself - else Vader would have done that a long time ago to regain his full power. It would seem that the injuries he suffered on Mustafar were irreversible.

Also, he cannot bring Padme back. She is dead! Cloning her will not bring Padme back, the clone will not be Padme, it may not even have her memories, its just his regret, pain and remorse made manifest. A constant reminder that he killed the real thing. Because even if he did make a clone, the real Padme that he fell in love with is ten feet under. And when did Padme say 'she would stay with Vader and turn him back to the light side'? Does anyone else recall this? As far as I'm aware her reaction was as follows:

Padme: I don't believe what I'm hearing... Obi-Wan was right... you've changed!

Anakin Skywalker: I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me; don't you turn against me!

Padme: I don't no you anymore! Anakin, you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I cannot follow!

Anakin Skywalker: Because of Obi-Wan?

Padme: Because of what you've done... what you plan to do! Stop! Stop now... come back... I love you!

There is no evidence here to suggest Padme planned on staying with him, and attempting to turn him to the light. Instead she pleaded with him to give up 'Darth Vader' and become Anakin again. But instead he Force choked her, and she proceeds to die of a broken heart. Given that she says 'you're going down a path I can't follow' what makes you think Clone Padme will join Darth Vader who is just as dedicated to the dark side and the Empire as he was then? Luke is a prime example of this, he attempted to reason with Vader, telling him their was still good in him. But Vader refuses and instead takes Luke to the Emperor to be turned to the dark side, with Luke remarking - "Then my father is truly dead."

It was only when the man Vader despised the most was electrocuting his own Son to death that Vader finally turned to the light. If Padme had been in the position that same would have happened, but she's not. She's in the position of Luke down on Endor, were Vader refuses to be reasoned with.

Palpatine did not have any lovers. Nobody said Vader could have a wife? He's a cyborg, Sith Lord, monster! Kinda comes with the package. And do you really think Palpatine would let that pass? Do you think Padme would let that pass? Or has she suddenly changed her mind about not being able to go down that path?

And about Vader turning to the light... your missing the point. I'm not denying that that might not happen, but that Vader doesn't want that to happen, so your merely adding to the list of 'why not to clone Padme' by making that point. Padme may think there's still good in him, but he doesn't, he thinks Anakin Skywalker is dead and says as much. Hence he would expect Padme's reaction to be one of horror, pain and sorrow, an amplifcation of her reaction on Mustafar in which she would likely die of a broken heart all over again.

In a nutshell: Vader can't bring Padme back - she's dead. Cloning Padme would only be painful for both of them because 1. If Vader remains dedicated to the dark side, which he has every intention of doing, and is incapable of completely reversing his injuries, there can be no relationship between them. 2. If Palpatine finds out she will die, likely right in front of him. He can read Vader's mind across the galaxy, he read Vader's mind when he asked Luke to join him, he'll find out. 3. Padme has already expressed an inability to follow the path of the dark side. 4. Cloning his dead wife is just sick and perverse, even for Vader, it's not the woman he loved just a carbon copy of her, a harsh reminder of the painful truth: he killed his wife.

EDIT: The cloning process might fail, she might end up going completely insane, or be mentally instable or not remember Anakin at all (that's actually very likely given the clones had no memory of Jango Fett's life and Vader has no way of assessing Padme's memories.)

Edited by Beniboybling

Then why would he attempt to turn Luke to the dark side and make the same 'we can rule the galaxy together' speech to him as he did Padme? It's clear that his mentality towards the dark side had not changed.

Luke is a prime example of this, he attempted to reason with Vader, telling him their was still good in him. But Vader refuses and instead takes Luke to the Emperor to be turned to the dark side, with Luke remarking - "Then my father is truly dead."

To further add onto this bit, Vader had no problems with killing Luke either if he wasn't gonna turn.

“I will not fight you, Father,” Luke stated.

“You are unwise to lower your defenses,” Vader warned. His anger was layered, now—he did not want to win if the boy was not battling to the fullest. But if winning meant he had to kill a boy who wouldn't fight...then he could do that, too. Only he wanted Luke to be aware of those consequences. He wanted Luke to know this was no longer just a game. This was Darkness.

-Return of the Jedi

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It is in this blazing moment that you finally understand the trap of the dark side, the final cruelty of the Sith-

Because now your self is all you will ever have.

He thought it's strong, but it's not stronger than his love.

For the record, I'm guessing for some reason you can't just make a clone of yourself, hack off the body parts and stick them on yourself - else Vader would have done that a long time ago to regain his full power. It would seem that the injuries he suffered on Mustafar were irreversible.

Yes he can and he did clone himself I remember to train Starkiller.

Also, he cannot bring Padme back. She is dead! Cloning her will not bring Padme back, the clone will not be Padme, it may not even have her memories, its just his regret, pain and remorse made manifest. A constant reminder that he killed the real thing. Because even if he did make a clone, the real Padme that he fell in love with is ten feet under.

If she looks like Padme, has Padme's memory and persona, it's not much different.

And when did Padme say 'she would stay with Vader and turn him back to the light side'? Does anyone else recall this? As far as I'm aware her reaction was as follows:

There is no evidence here to suggest Padme planned on staying with him, and attempting to turn him to the light. Instead she pleaded with him to give up 'Darth Vader' and become Anakin again. But instead he Force choked her, and she proceeds to die of a broken heart. Given that she says 'you're going down a path I can't follow' what makes you think Clone Padme will join Darth Vader who is just as dedicated to the dark side and the Empire as he was then? Luke is a prime example of this, he attempted to reason with Vader, telling him their was still good in him. But Vader refuses and instead takes Luke to the Emperor to be turned to the dark side, with Luke remarking - "Then my father is truly dead."

"Anakin ..."

"Anakin . . . isn't here, Padme," he said, though he didn't think she could hear.

"Anakin, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry . . . Anakin, please, I love you . .."

She was calling for Anakin's name.

"Obi-Wan . . . there ... is still good in him. I know there is . . .

still . . ."

She clearly said she believes there is still good in him.

Yes she would not join Vader to do evil, but she certainly would try to drag him back.

And Luke still followed his dad and attempted to save his dad, no offense but did you remember what happened on Death Star II?

Luke never gave hope on Vader, Padme never gave hope on Vader as well, that's the fact, G canon, in the movies.

It was only when the man Vader despised the most was electrocuting his own Son to death that Vader finally turned to the light. If Padme had been in the position that same would have happened, but she's not. She's in the position of Luke down on Endor, were Vader refuses to be reasoned with.

No, it's clear Vader's mind is already starting to change, it's easy to see in the conversation of Endor. It's not like he suddenly turned back.

Palpatine did not have any lovers. Nobody said Vader could have a wife? He's a cyborg, Sith Lord, monster! Kinda comes with the package. And do you really think Palpatine would let that pass? Do you think Padme would let that pass? Or has she suddenly changed her mind about not being able to go down that path?

Yes Palpatine does, Roganda Ismaren and Ysanne Isard are both his lovers. Sith could have wives, they are not Jedi, in SWTOR there are cyborg Sith with family. Why would Padme divorce with Vader?

And about Vader turning to the light... your missing the point. I'm not denying that that might not happen, but that Vader doesn't want that to happen, so your merely adding to the list of 'why not to clone Padme' by making that point. Padme may think there's still good in him, but he doesn't, he thinks Anakin Skywalker is dead and says as much. Hence he would expect Padme's reaction to be one of horror, pain and sorrow, an amplifcation of her reaction on Mustafar in which she would likely die of a broken heart all over again.

He did want it to happen, he even once dreamed about he didn't stop Mace Windu and later became the head of the Jedi, he hates his life, why would he not want his lover back?

He said Anakin is dead because he killed Padme, if he could bring her back that's not the pain anymore, just like when he met Luke, the one he loved.

No, Padme is not weak, DO NOT ignore her last words on Anakin, she DID NOT give up the hope on him.

In a nutshell: Vader can't bring Padme back - she's dead. Cloning Padme would only be painful for both of them because 1. If Vader remains dedicated to the dark side, which he has every intention of doing, and is incapable of completely reversing his injuries, there can be no relationship between them. 2. If Palpatine finds out she will die, likely right in front of him. He can read Vader's mind across the galaxy, he read Vader's mind when he asked Luke to join him, he'll find out. 3. Padme has already expressed an inability to follow the path of the dark side. 4. Cloning his dead wife is just sick and perverse, even for Vader, it's not the woman he loved just a carbon copy of her, a harsh reminder of the painful truth: he killed his wife.

1. No dark side is not more important his love, and he could heal himself.

2. No, Palpatine even promised to Vader to save her, if he had killed Padme in front of Vader, Vader would go rampage and possibly kill him right there.

3. Padme said she would not join Vader, but she would try to turn Vader back.

4. They have the same appearance, persona and memory, that's not too different.

To further add onto this bit, Vader had no problems with killing Luke either if he wasn't gonna turn.

Vader didn't do it, even after Luke went rampage, he still didn't use his Force techniques or taunt Luke like Dooku once did to distract him.

He didn't want to kill his son, it's quite obvious in the movies.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Slowpoke, you seem to have skirted round quite a lot of my points here, some of which are rather important, so I'll raise them again:

• For one you are completely missing the point again. Quit telling me I'm ignoring what happened in the movies because that's irrelevant. It doesn't matter what Luke thinks, or what Padme thinks, all that matters is what Vader thinks. And Vader believes he is beyond redemption and frankly he does not want to be saved. Luke made him see the truth but Luke isn't here right now, is he? Hence, he will never clone Padme with the intention of helping him return to the light, because he doesn't want to and doesn't think its possible, the logic of such an action is just perverse.

• Padme doesn't what to join Vader and rule the galaxy - that is the path she cannot follow. So she would not want to get married to him and do just that which would just be weird because he's only half human and can't even touch her. Vader knows this, he knows that as Vader they can never ever be together. Again, he believes Anakin Skywalker is dead and Padme fell in love with Anakin Skywalker not Vader. Regardless of what Padme truly believes, Vader does not believe Padme can ever love him, ever.

• Vader is still set on ruling the galaxy and overthrowing the Emperor. He is not interested in settling down on Alderaan and starting up a family. He knows therefore that a Padme clone would never join him, as she has already expressed a desire not to do so.

• Vader doesn't want to put Padme through the pain of seeing the monster he has become. He is not entirely selfish and stupid he will not believe for a second that Padme could ever love the monster he has become even if that is not true, he does not believe it to be true. Padme's thoughts on the matter are irrelevant.

To address the points you raised:

• Clone Padme does not equal real Padme. They are similar, but not the same. And when its someone you love, not just a weapon and a tool, it has to be the same person. Especially considering that like it or not, the real Padme is still dead, he still killed her. Do you really think if he clones her he'll just forget about the fact that he murdered his wife and think that's all OK now? Nope, he'll still feel regret and remorse because his wife is still dead, he still killed her. Clone Padme will just keep reminding him of that.

• Vader's 'love' may be stronger than the dark side, but he doesn't believe or recognise that. The only emotions he is aware of our anger, sadness, remorse and regret. Clone Padme cannot free him from any of those emotions, only make them stronger. Cause she ain't Padme.

• Yes Padme thought their was still good in him, but Vader wasn't there to here that. All he heard is Padme turning against him, also take into account his mind was clouded by the dark side at that point an he likely remembered events differently.

• Padme would not join Vader to do evil. There we go then, debate over. Because that's what Vader wants, and he knows he can't have it. 1. Because Padme doesn't want it 2. Because he was no way to bring the real Padme back.

• Vader no doubt hates his life, but he realizes he cannot change it. I'm sure if Vader was given the opportunity to do things differently he would. Unfortunately he doesn't have the opportunity and has resigned himself to the dark side forever. I'm sure if he could change back the clock and not strangle Padme he would, but he can't do that. Not even cloning her will bring back the real Padme.

• Vader never cloned himself to train Starkiller, I'm afraid you made that up. He clearly cannot do this else he would have done so long ago.

• Palpatine promised to help save Padme, but only to turn him to the dark side, he did not really care. Post-Mustafar Sidious used Padme to control him and enslave him, hence why he told him he was dead, if Padme was resurrected and Sidious found out, he would kill her. Why? Because like you say there is a chance Padme would attempt to turn him to the light or Vader might regain his confidence and attempt to overthrow Palpatine. Vader doesn't know this, but he does know Sidious is an evil megalomaniac. And if Sidious killed Padme, Vader would be powerless to stop him.

• Vader is able to clone Padme... so why didn't he?