Does noone care about the achievement system?

DAMossimo

Or...have most players not hit the brick walls yet?

Personally, I find it strange that people are up in arms about the cost of features that haven't even been added to the game yet when sizeable chunks of 2.0 remain broken. (like the missing speeder parts & uncompletable achievements - just 2 quick examples)

And few people seem to care. :rak_02:

I feel like this stuff should be a priority since it is "already advertised & paid-for" content.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or...have most players not hit the brick walls yet?

Personally, I find it strange that people are up in arms about the cost of features that haven't even been added to the game yet when sizeable chunks of 2.0 remain broken. (like the missing speeder parts & uncompletable achievements - just 2 quick examples)

And few people seem to care. :rak_02:

I feel like this stuff should be a priority since it is "already advertised & paid-for" content.

It's a concern, sure. I can't speak for others...so I will just say in my case I don't really care too much at this point. I am just glad it's in the game and will continue to press them to fix it.

I'm more interested in expanding convenience, sandboxy features and customization honestly than I am with them fixing it right now.

right noqw the achievement system is a bit too new so people arent doing them that activly yet

also the rewards for doing it arent really that good

(cartel points but its only 10 points for 10 achievements)

just give it some time to get fully integrated (and fixed) and people will start running it when they fcompleted everything else already

It's a concern, sure. I can't speak for others...so I will just say in my case I don't really care too much at this point. I am just glad it's in the game and will continue to press them to fix it.

I'm more interested in expanding convenience, sandboxy features and customization honestly than I am with them fixing it right now.

Yeah, thats pretty well me, that and the fact theres plenty in there that no one will ever achieve.

If it was retroactive, I and many others would of been more warm to it, but there is so much in there that people just won't be doing anymore.

Then there's the stupid ones, like the level 50 SM flashpoints 25 times, or the rare items that are no longer available, the pvp achievements mixed in with pve ones.

Basically, the whole thing is an ill conceived stupid mess, and most people are treating it with the contempt it deserves, ie, ignoring it.

I've never really cared about achievements in any game. Just seems like bragging rights and a lot of busy work to get them.

BWs "token" gesture of awarding a tiny amount of CCs is at least more than most other games with achievements offer, but really it isn't much of an incentive. At least with the reputation system you can unlock gear and other items that you might want.

I just see it as a smarmy way for BW to give certain people something to do without really having to create any content. I guess it's cool for people who like collecting achievements. It's just not something that I care about. When one of them flashes at the top of the screen, I don't really feel any sense of accomplishment.

To each his/her own. It's no skin off my back if someone wants to put themselves out trying to complete them all.

I actually tried hunting for some achievements but lost interest in it quite early cause of the bugs. If they gonna fix it at some point, I will see if I go and hunt for them again. In the meantime I just don't care and don't wanna spend energy on thinking about this. It is always the same, when you open up a topic here you never know if someone at BW notices it. :D

The consensus is telling me 2 things:

1. Most people don't care about the achievement system at all

2. For the few that do (or did) care about it: the multitude of bugs and errors have prompted them to give up on it

Pretty much what I expected was the case.

Thanks for the replies. Nice civil thread for once too. :)

I'm not one of the people cares about gaining everything in a game.

The Achievement add on would have been nice, if implemented correctly, but of course Bioware, wanted to throw something out that would hopefully take peoples minds off the fact 2.0 expansion was in fact nothing more than a large patch update.

I do not fore see it EVER getting fixed much like the Codex entry system, that has been broken since beta. They simply do not care about fixing items already in the game. They want to continue to baffle people with new content...(A worthy goal in my opinion - if the items they put out are half as good as advertised. So far this has not been the case.)

We will see how 2.1 comes out - prediction - many bugs, features not working correctly, but before anything is fixed, we will all be informed of some NEW feature coming out that will "Hopefully" take are minds off the failed 2.1 patch.

If they had put a little more creativity into it, I'd have been interested, but as it is, I'm going to get the achievements simply by playing the game, so I don't really look at it. I know that across all the alts I play, sooner or later I'll end up with a full achievement collection, so if it is actually glitched, I actually wouldn't notice.

Frankly I don't care. If I hit an achievement while I am playing I just think "Cool..."

I don't go out of my way to get them - I know I will never get them all. I have no objection if other people want to get them, though :)

I'm sharing this feel.

I personally don't care about the achievement system aside from the small amount of cartel coins it sometimes awards. Achievements seems to be a staple of MMOs these days so BW was more or less obligated to put them in. I'd rather they put their efforts into long standing requests like hood toggle, minigames, and organized pvp features (cross-server seasons, both small and huge scale matches, space pvp) but I'm sure their metrics are telling them a different story as to what the majority of the user base wants. Edited by Projawa

There are plenty of completionists I know who love achievements (and the codex), they just tend to be more single-player oriented and probably would never have a reason to post on this forum. I myself go after achievements in between queues or semi-afk while watching a movie. Eventually I want to get all of them, nearly at 10,000 points right now. Edited by Jenzali

For myself, I could not care less.

Pretty much. (And thank you for including the 'not' for once, I was beginning to lose hope ;) )

I've never been a big achievement hunter, but in this case many of the achievements are either very lengthy or boring or both. Besides, I guess there's still enough in the game to amuse myself with.

The consensus is telling me 2 things:

1. Most people don't care about the achievement system at all

2. For the few that do (or did) care about it: the multitude of bugs and errors have prompted them to give up on it

Pretty much what I expected was the case.

Thanks for the replies. Nice civil thread for once too. :)

Place me in category 2. I myself am an "achievement whore". Dont know why but I just am. Bugs that literally prevents me from acquiring these achievements however leaves me little interest to repeat them again.

I care, it's a shame it has been released in this state.

I can understand a few bugs but things like the warzones achievements or thoses with steps that are missing/broken since December 2011 kinda show the level of quality they are aiming at for new features.

On top of that, their inability to retroactively grants some achievements (they could have started to gather data before 2.0) and the bad design of some achievements (like 500 kills for yellow strong beasts that people almost never kill or the planet PvP achievements that requires 1000 player kills on a planet when it's hard to get 10 when doing your missions, meaning the only efficient way to get it is to be 55 and gank low levels, ...) I guess THEY don't realy care.

Edited by Turshek

The achievement system is an utter disaster. As I browse through it, it's clear that it's not updating a large number of things I did.

If it was an actual progression system with rewards I'd be angry, but as it is I just shrugged and moved on. Besides, I got like 600 cartel coins from the things it actually did update.