Make Emotes Either Free or Account-Wide

JamesDisaster

I get it. The work around for most everything is, "You can get it off the GTN," but that is just a means to artificially extend the length of the game, grinding up for credits to buy everything you want for every character you have.

Emotes for sale, of all the things that you can buy, to me and some others in the RP community, comes off as petty, greedy, and nickel and diming. It also sets mild barriers to RP and immersion. Sorry, I can't figure out how to jump up in the air and click my heels together, because I didn't pay money...to...know....how to do that...?

What?? :i_tongue:

I'm not contesting the idea of paying for content. This is an MMO. I get how development costs go. I've played many MMO's before. But the fact that there has been a resounding chorus of "This game's direction is greedy and far too cash shop oriented," caroling on for months & months & months should be some kind of a wake up call.

I know it's small. I know it may not seem like a big deal. But if it's so small and not a big deal then take a page from some other MMO's and just let us have our freaking emotes. Tossing some small, FREE, social updates to your player base just to add flavor to the game does wonders for a game's image.

I weep for humanity...

"I want everything for FREE"

"I want it NOW"

"I am a sub i should be treated better because I pay"

"I only have a limited time to play, thus <...>"

I'm sure I missed some other "Entitlement" saying here but oh well.

Please stop....

I get it. The work around for most everything is, "You can get it off the GTN," but that is just a means to artificially extend the length of the game, grinding up for credits to buy everything you want for every character you have.

Emotes for sale, of all the things that you can buy, to me and some others in the RP community, comes off as petty, greedy, and nickel and diming. It also sets mild barriers to RP and immersion. Sorry, I can't figure out how to jump up in the air and click my heels together, because I didn't pay money...to...know....how to do that...?

What?? :i_tongue:

I'm not contesting the idea of paying for content. This is an MMO. I get how development costs go. I've played many MMO's before. But the fact that there has been a resounding chorus of "This game's direction is greedy and far too cash shop oriented," caroling on for months & months & months should be some kind of a wake up call.

I know it's small. I know it may not seem like a big deal. But if it's so small and not a big deal then take a page from some other MMO's and just let us have our freaking emotes. Tossing some small, FREE, social updates to your player base just to add flavor to the game does wonders for a game's image.

DOHboy, in response I'm just gonna go ahead and quote myself...

Since emotes qualify as content, and you are "not contesting the idea of paying for content", then you should have no problem doing what is necessary to obtain the emotes you desire. You can obtain them from the GTN, or from the CM.

Emotes might be a small thing, but if they granted "free" or account wide emotes, what's the next "small thing" that the "have to have it now" crowd will clamor to get?

We already have people clamoring for account wide speeders and pets, legacy datacrons, re-usable dyes or dyes in the collection system, "one button does it all spec changes", and who knows what else. Each of these may be "small things", but if they grant all the "small things" what's left? Not all of the "small things" are CM items, or directly produce revenue, but how much revenue would they potentially lose if they granted all the "small things" people are clamoring to get?