An Option to Have Major Game Updates Emailed to Us?

Fawlks

Tomorrow is my last day on my current subscription. I enjoyed the game tremendously up to level 50 and I think it has a very bright future. For me to continue playing however, it needs a few key changes such as server merges or character transfers (I made the mistake of leveling 2 level 50s on republic side and on a lower pop server, but you don't need another person telling you how big of a problem server population is.), and a much improved LFG system.

I know that both of these are under the works and will come live probably within the next year. That is why I am asking for the option to have major game changes emailed to me while I'm away from the game (I don't want to be lost to D3 for forever =)). As soon as I KNOW these changes have been made the sooner I will be back playing swtor. I know patch notes are always posted on the swtor.com but honestly, I'm not going to make the effort to go to website and sift through all of the minor updates.

I'm in the same position. I'd be very interested in re-subbing once some features (like x-server LFG or at the very least free transfers) are in the game. As it stands however, I'm guessing I'll never know if these things get put in because I won't continue checking the boards or the patch notes.

*edit fixed typos*

Edited by semmbion

Care enough to check for yourself every now and then?

There is all all star community at it again. Why should they have to check in every week for an update if sift through everything to try and see if it applies to them?

Edited by Touchbass

All you need to do it log onto the site every how and again. That is no hard to do at all.

Honestly MMO that spam about every update bug me. All I would be interested in is expansions.

Edited by Romiz

There is all allstar community at it again. Why should they have to check in every week for an update if shift through everything to try and see if it applies to them?

Google is your friend. Google it & the won't have to 'sift' through everything.

the resources are always available to those willing to use them.

There is all all star community at it again. Why should they have to check in every week for an update if sift through everything to try and see if it applies to them?

Come by every few weeks, see if there is a new patch up on PTS, If yes then read patch notes, go back to cave.

Rocket science it ain't.

Yes, I agree. It's very tricky to find anything, since those devious bastards who run this forum have hidden all the important stuff in threads stickied to the top of the relevant forums (which are in no way labeled for quick and convenient access). Oh if only we lived in a time where there were networks that would allow socialization (or "social networks" if you will), why if that existed, they could have some sort of status update to keep people informed.

Come by every few weeks, see if there is a new patch up on PTS, If yes then read patch notes, go back to cave.

Rocket science it ain't.

Honestly I thought the swtor community would be different then the wow community but this person proves me wrong.

It was a simple and valid suggestion that for some of us would make it easier to come back to the game.

Edited by Fawlks

Honestly I thought the swtor community would be different then the wow community but this person proves me wrong.

It was a simple and valid suggestion that for some of us would make it easier to come back to the game.

Why are you ignoring the guy who mentioned following them on facebook or twitter?

I am willing to bet they will certainly email recent unsubs any major announcement about the game. Hell, they have companions 'email' you when have not been in game for a period of time.

Even if they don't, is it really that hard to check the home page once in while?

Edited by Drewser

Honestly I thought the swtor community would be different then the wow community but this person proves wrong.

Honestly, people will whine about anything and everything.

The same people wanting to be notified by email are the same people that will complain that they are getting spammed by Bioware to come back to the game.

When I leave an MMO. I check back from time to time and see what's new and different. If it interests me, I resub. If not, then I don't.

Stop trying to blame the community. The response was a valid one. You really want BioWare to spend time and money to come up with new stuff to make you happy then want them to spend even more time and money to create an email and then send it out to everyone? Is it really too much to ask people these days to find some information for themselves?

If you want to play the game when things are more to your liking, then find out if things have been changed to your liking. No one needs to come and tap you on the shoulder. Besides, there will hundreds of blogs and other sites that will have the information. As someone said, a simple search will provide you with the info that you need when you want to look for it.

So, be an adult and put it up in the suggestion forum, you know...where Bioware actually checks for suggestions and even implements some of them. :rolleyes:

You cleary dont understand the OPs intent.

He needs to post it in general , to invite the inevitable criticism that he will of course respond to.

Why are you ignoring the guy who mentioned following them on facebook or twitter?

It was a decent suggestion. But the SWTOR twitter feed is spam city, there's about 20-30 messages a day, most of them just customer serve replies to other tweets. (it's all chaff, no wheat!) I don't use FB