Excessive Interuption of Service

Brasen

Over the last 5 Months Bioware continues to interupt gameplay for patches.

we understand servers must be patched to improve gameplay but most of the patches are not for gameplay situation and are scheduled at the most inopportune time imo.

Who else believes the Interuptions are being excessive and at the most inopportune time for there customers ?

Not sure if "excessive" is the right word, but all other MMOs I played didn't need 4-8 hours for EVERY single patch, that much is true. The frequency of patches seems to be pretty normal to me, though. Actually I like the devs fixing stuff in a timely fashion. I guess Bioware could streamline their patch process to 30 mins to max 2 hours of downtime per patch, which is what the competition is able to do.

They botched this patch, its clear from the notes. Terrible thing to do when you are trying to get people to resub with free time and new features. I was actually enjoying the game yesterday, but the low pops aren't going to get better with service like this. Bleh gonna have to deal with NCSoft again...

I think anytime BioWare has a patch that will make an improvement in the game; regardless if it is seen or unseen and regardless of time, it should be implemented with all due haste... even if that means I do not get to play on Friday the 13th. So-Be-It.

It isn't fun for me, but I like that they are trying to give me a better game system to enjoy, things go wrong, hiccups happen... especially in a newly coded game system. This happened for Blizzard too.

Remember the Jedi code :)

as far as i can remember swtor does its maintenance and then has to work around their workday schedule for fixing other non scheduled things.

these downtimes are expected and to be perfectly HONEST...

this game has a much better and smoother maintenance and when they do take the servers down, theres a good reason, sorry if you are all upset you cant play a video game.

i fully expect thread closure very soon. njoy!

OP did you ever play WoW?

Patch day for even the smallest things seemed like it was always extended. IMO BW has done an awesome job of implementing patches and as far as I remember this is the longest they have had to be down.

Patience, my friend, is a virtue.

Yup they are doing awesome...

Reason for calling it a botched patch.

UPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Today's downtime was supposed to be 4 hours starting several hours ago. The extension means the servers will be down for another 8-9 hours according to their given timeframe.

This is *********** ridiculous. Honestly, every single time they perform server maintenance or bring servers down for a patch, this happens. It feels like I'm playing a game run by a bunch of amateurs, not a company that's been developing video games for 15+ years.

Edited by Tenacity