Obroan Armor

GlassToTheArson

Am I the only one who thinks this whole group of new sets of armor is an enormously lazy and cheap way for them to push new content to make us feel like they're actually giving us 8 new sets of gear?

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/30/swtor-obroan-pvp-armor-and-weapon-preview/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=swtor-obroan-pvp-armor-and-weapon-preview

Edited by GlassToTheArson

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are they not giving us new gear sets? None of the armor in the game looks like this gear currently. Also they have stated it is subject to change.

Those are the final (?) models as far as I can tell. That **** looks looks lazy as hell. I'm not hating on the game or anything stupid like that. I simply find it to be lazy design

I like how they look so far, and wouldn't mind if that is the final look. I have complained about the PvP armour sets in the past, and I think that this is teh best looking set so far. Oh, and I don't get it if BioWare does too much on the sets people complain that they look like fantasy amour sets, and when they now do more simplistic but really good looking sets, people call them lazy? I just don't get it.

I sense much denial in you

The new Obroan PvP armor set is currently using placeholder art that will be updated before the release to the Live Servers; the sets themselves are incomplete on the PTS and are subject to change.

Right out of the PTS patch notes. Pretty sure you are the one in denial :)

Edited by NilethStar

I like how they look so far, and wouldn't mind if that is the final look. I have complained about the PvP armour sets in the past, and I think that this is teh best looking set so far. Oh, and I don't get it if BioWare does too much on the sets people complain that they look like fantasy amour sets, and when they now do more simplistic but really good looking sets, people call them lazy? I just don't get it.

Call me a traditionalist, but I like the more simplistic armors. None of these crazy sets that make your character look like something that crawled out of a Coruscanti sewer

Edited by GlassToTheArson

Good god what is this garbage!! That gear is an atrocity! the trooper armor doesn't even look like anything I would put on my trooper!!!

Once upon a time trooper gear looked like this http://tor-fashion.com/2013/03/02/rakata-eliminatorcombat-medic-pub/

Now look at what has happened!!!

That armor belongs at the most as reputation armor not this!!!!

BIOWARE FOR GODS SAKE CHANGE THE GEAR TO SOMETHING THAT ACTAULLY LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS ON A TROOPER NOT SOMETHING FOR POWER RANGERS!!!!!!!!

TO THE DESIGNER WHO DEVELOPED THAT GEAR LOOK START THINKING ABOUT STAR WARS WHEN GETTING YOUR INSPIRATION, THINK CLASSIC GEAR LOOKS LIKE THE ONES THAT WERE HERE WHEN THE GAME CAME OUT THAT WE FELL IN LOVE WITH AND THAT YOU EVENTAULLY JUST TOOK AWAY AND SAID WE COULD NEVER HAVE AGAIN!!!!

Edited by Sangrar

Call me a traditionalist, but I like the more simplistic armors. None of these crazy sets that make your character look like something that crawled out of a Coruscanti sewer

If you like simplistic why do you call these sets then lazy? Sure, they are not tradtional, but I think the fit well into Star Wars. Sure, they are not traditional, but if BioWare would have given us a set that looks tratitional, I would be there to call them lazy, since we have already plenty of tartitional looking sets in the game (sure, I still find Jedi and Trooper players who still cannot find the perfect armour).

So, it is not laziness, but only that your taste is different. That doesn't make the set bad, maybe the next will more to your taste, or you can just keep the shells of an older set if you like that more. Nobody forces you to wear these shells, but I have to say I like them, and don't think they are lazy.

good god what is this garbage!! That gear is an atrocity! The trooper armor doesn't even look like anything i would put on my trooper!!!

Once upon a time trooper gear looked like this http://tor-fashion.com/2013/03/02/rakata-eliminatorcombat-medic-pub/

now look at what has happened!!!

That armor belongs at the most as reputation armor not this!!!!

Bioware for gods sake change the gear to something that actaully looks like it belongs on a trooper not something for power rangers!!!!!!!!

To the designer who developed that gear look start thinking about star wars when getting your inspiration, think classic gear looks like the ones that were here when the game came out that we fell in love with and that you eventaully just took away and said we could never have again!!!!

who agrees with me! FOR GODS SAKE THAT ARMOR DOES NOT EVEN LOOK INDIVIDUALIZED FOR EACH CLASS!! DID THE DREAD MASTERS PUT A SPELL ON THE IN GAME GEAR DEISIGNERS!!

Edited by Sangrar

If you like simplistic why do you call these sets then lazy? Sure, they are not tradtional, but I think the fit well into Star Wars. Sure, they are not traditional, but if BioWare would have given us a set that looks tratitional, I would be there to call them lazy, since we have already plenty of tartitional looking sets in the game (sure, I still find Jedi and Trooper players who still cannot find the perfect armour).

So, it is not laziness, but only that your taste is different. That doesn't make the set bad, maybe the next will more to your taste, or you can just keep the shells of an older set if you like that more. Nobody forces you to wear these shells, but I have to say I like them, and don't think they are lazy.

Come on now. Obviously everyone has their own preferences but these look nearly identical. All eight of them

Come on now. Obviously everyone has their own preferences but these look nearly identical. All eight of them

Then take a closer look! Sure, the colours have no variation, I don't mind that. The basic feel is very similar, but they have enough differences in details so that I cannot see lazinesss.

I think I like this set so much, because they remind me on Deathsuits from on of my favourite pen & paper RPGs (SLA Industries). And that they look so similar, make it easier to mix and match pieces to your own preferences, something that didn't worked with the too class specific sets before.

Edited by Drudenfusz

Then take a closer look! Sure, the colours have no variation, I don't mind that. The basic feel is very similar, but they have enough differences in details so that I cannot see lazinesss.

I think I like this set so much, because they remind me on Deathsuits from on of my favourite pen & paper RPGs (SLA Industries). And that they look so similar, make it easier to mix and match pieces to your own preferences, something that didn't worked with the too class specific sets before.

Well then you're biased ;)

Damn, this sets are awfull. There is nothing intresting, nothing beautifull in them. Well, maybe set of jedi sentinel looks not so bad. But, BW, what you did to sith warrior?! I wonder, why have not sith warrior got any capote with a mask? That's realy looks cool, just look lvl 40 pvp set or eradicators set. Insted they continue to give us this crap. Firs in 2.0 (return of Pyramid Head), then now. But i can guess, that dear BW wants us to bye more cartel packs to get something better then this ****.

I think they look fine. Not terribly unique for each class, but fine.

And I don't get that "traditional" gear people throw around. What was "traditional" and Star Wars-y about the Battlemaster Inquisitor Peacock or the War Hero Robin Hood Smuggler, for example?

These are simpler, without huge shoulderpads and they can be dyed, so no problems there. Plus, previous gear didn't really have a "theme" when it was introduced. This time around it's Dread Masters related.

These armor sets are starting to look less and less like Star Wars and more like generic sci-fi horror/anime getups. This is BioWare and they did create KOTOR..., it's like they've forgotten what a sith lord looks like. And what's with every new set having to be some kind of weird helmet for Inquisitors. How about some more masks that can fit under a hood? I'm figuring that they haven't really gotten around to the BH's, Troopers, Smugglers or Agents cause most of those look like variants of their intentions for Sith Gear. So I hope to see what they're planning soon for that. But seriously BioWare, return to your roots. Find the artistic inspiration that brought us Darth Sion, Darth Nihlus, Darth Revan, Darth Maluk, Master Atris, etc. These characters were great artistic expressions of Sith, and in Atris' case, a jedi master. I'm pretty sure that's what we want as a player base. Not some sort of half

baked Gundam/Hellraiser garbage.

Well, I'd say that they are certainly quite Sci-fi ... Looks like the designers are taking their cues from Dune these days.

Can't say I like them or will use them .... but I've never liked or used PvP armour so there's no change there. I always strip the mods as soon as I get it.

My only complaint is the lack of variation .. three colours across all lines and they all look pretty much the same. Plus reskins for imp and rep does seem lazy. But if you don't like, them don't use them. I won't.

With each new patch you think they can't design worse looking gear but somehow they manage to outdo themselves. Once again, BioWare raises the bar or should I say lowers the bar in appalling gear design. Funny how the cartel market has good looking gear but these look like something designed by Stella McCartney after being drunk for 2 weeks.

Also the name is meh. You gave us Centurion, Champion, Battlemaster, Tionesse, Columi, Rakata, War Hero, Elite War Hero, Black Hole, Campaign, Dreadguard, Partisan, Conqueror, Black-Market, Arkanian, Porcupine, Underworld and Kell Dragon. Now we end up with this Ogrrubob gear name? Really? PVP Gear should have nice name like in the past. Battlemaster and Conqueror were nice names for gear. Why not follow your pattern and rename this to Elite Conqueror or Manhunter Gear or something more interesting? Not the first time you name gear after achievements you created in game. Something PVP related, fearful, etc.

Edited by Leafy_Bug