Sith Assassin vs Sith Sorcerer???

quincymead

Hello all, I just started working on an inquisitor for my first alt (lvl 9 atm), and i'm not sure whether to go with assassin or sorcerer. I'm going to be playing DPS either way, so my question is which is gonna be a better overall experience? I plan on playing PvE and PvP, not dedicated purely to either. Suggestions??

Thanks

Hey!

Well, that's a really tough question to answer, as everyone is just gonna chime in with what they think is most enjoyable to them. So here's my 2 cents: I tried both, and frankly the Assassin is way more enjoyable to me, as I've found the Sorcerer's playstyle too stationary, which doesn't really work for me. I prefer to stealth around and be more mobile and adaptive. All 3 Assassin specs have these elements (nerf or no nerf), with the option for tanking.

So basically, as far as my limited experience goes, Sorcerer if you want to heal or be further away from danger whilst unleashing your Force powers, Assassin if you want to tank or be moving around wreaking havoc with a combination of melee and Force powers. Oh and as an Assassin -> Double-bladed Lightsaber! That just looks cool, no matter who you are.

P.S: Don't "listen" to posts saying Assassins are bad, just try it and if you enjoy it, then there you go!

Edited by phga

are you going to raid??

if ya raiding go sorcerers since you want to dps. this will give you options to heal if you ever wanted to scratch that itch.

if ya want to tank is Sin for raids. otherwise sin dps in raid is bad and no good guild uses them for 8men, 16men we only use 1, but we prefer marauders and Jug for melee dps. note, if ya ever do go Sin, you will have to learn how to tank regardless if ya going to ever tank. coz in a raid situation, you will be call to off tank from time to time. yes even in your dps spec.

in another word plan your future deeeeep, have a 5 yr plan, lol

Hello all, I just started working on an inquisitor for my first alt (lvl 9 atm), and i'm not sure whether to go with assassin or sorcerer. I'm going to be playing DPS either way, so my question is which is gonna be a better overall experience? I plan on playing PvE and PvP, not dedicated purely to either. Suggestions??

Thanks

If you want to be ranged dps with the option to heal go Sorcerer.

If you want to be melee dps with the option to tank go Assassin.

Most people have a clear preference for ranged/melee. And since the story is the same either way there are not many other differences.

if ya want to tank is Sin for raids. otherwise sin dps in raid is bad and no good guild uses them for 8men,

There is no BAD dps. If you are not hitting enrage timers then it's the fault of your group as a whole, or they are undergeared. You can bring pretty much any group makup and still do fine as long as the basic roles are covered.

Edited by NasherUK

I did assassin to lvl 15 (low I know) but it was not that great for me. The damage was not much and as a tank I was not as good as a Juggernaut. I started over and went sorcerer and I am enjoying it. It does get a bit dull at times just casting from the shadows but I have a solid array of stuff I can do (heal/dps) and with Khem I can solo pretty easy also with him as a tank for me. The problem I was finding with assassin when I would tank I would pull but with light armor I was dieing quickly without a solid healer.

** on a side note as DPS sorcerer it takes forever to find a group in group finder

Edited by xxMemphis