Disney & Star wars

JadenStar

First of all George Lucas stated that he did not want to get involved in directing an other star wars movie, Now that he has Sold the Whole kit and kabootle and including Indiana Jones as well to Disney it was the right choice for George Lucas to make. This give George Lucas some option for him self, to do other projects.

Disney is looking at the massive franchise potential of the Star Wars universe. Star Wars has 17,000 characters living on thousands of planets and, according to the press release, spans 20,000 years. That’s a lot of spin-off potential.

Disney chairman Robert Iger announced today that his company is buying Lucasfilm, home of the Star Wars franchise, for $4.05 billion. That’s about the same amount of money The Mouse House spent on Marvel back in 2010. With The Avengers grossing $1.5 billion at the global box office, that deal is already starting to pay off. Lucasfilm could be another big success story for Disney.

The purchase continues Iger’s business model of buying companies with great content and incredibly smart, creative people. In 2006, Disney brought Pixar into the fold. The purchase helped the studio produce box office hits like Toy Story 3 ($1 billion) and Cars 2 ($560 million). In 2010 Disney bought Marvel which not only gave the studio The Avengers but upcoming movies like the sequels to Thor and Captain America, future Avengers films and (gulp) Ant-Man. Disney also distributes films from DreamWorks which means the studio is now in business with George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.

Lucas will continue as a consultant on the films and Kathleen Kennedy, who recently became co-chairman of Lucasfilms, will stay on as president of Lucasfilms.

Guess you never noticed the other 100 threads about this. :rolleyes:

I do not care on what you think........star wars movies 7 , 8 , 9 can be made as well as the star wars Tv show with real people can be made. I can see that you are not a true star wars fan, I'm Proud to Be a Hard Core Star Wars fan, I have 35 different light saber hilts and I know how to use them. and if your going to be a real pain I will sic my full size Droidika on you..........

Edited by JadenStar

I personally am eager to see what they do with star wars as I love the pirates of the caribbean and the narnia films which I think they did really well with.

To add even more tron legacy and john carter were also good but maybe its just me as a disney fan alltogether lol

Edited by Sophs

ILM Industrial Light and magic is a George Lucas company as well. Visual effect for star wars, Star trek the motion picture, star trek the next generation, Voyager, Deep Space 9. each star trek episode from the 3 title shows George Lucas received 1 million dollars per episode for visual effects, because they where still using models and ILM was the Master of Model making.

Instead of models they use CGI or an other format today

Edited by JadenStar
corrections

it's going to be even bigger then that. I'm calling it they are going to do a reverse of what they did with Marvel and the Avengers.

They will start out with episdoes 7 8 and 9 and then the new popular characters will get their own spin off movies and stories. Then every few years come back to do the next trilogy.

This is going to be huge.

it's going to be even bigger then that. I'm calling it they are going to do a reverse of what they did with Marvel and the Avengers.

They will start out with episdoes 7 8 and 9 and then the new popular characters will get their own spin off movies and stories. Then every few years come back to do the next trilogy.

This is going to be huge.

Donald Trump is that you?!?

With 17,000 star wars characters that span 20,000 years. there is no limit when you have Imagination and great Content for a movie, books, TV, and Video Games and Toys...

You do know that was all thrown in the trash once Disney got ahold of Star Wars right..?

I do not care on what you think........star wars movies 7 , 8 , 9 can be made as well as the star wars Tv show with real people can be made. I can see that you are not a true star wars fan, I'm Proud to Be a Hard Core Star Wars fan, I have 35 different light saber hilts and I know how to use them. and if your going to be a real pain I will sic my full size Droidika on you..........

Ahhhh what?

^This. It's... all... GONE! ...KHAN!!!

Yup.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN and the many NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! have been seeing on the internet more than anything else the past few days...now imagine once the millions of other east coast fans here about this once they get power....

Yup.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN and the many NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! have been seeing on the internet more than anything else the past few days...now imagine once the millions of other east coast fans here about this once they get power....

I see what you mean. This whole thing is either going to be okay or really bad. And with everything we've been hearing, I'm going with the latter.

Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi: I feel a disturbance in the force, as if thousands of voices cried out at once...

We all know that Disney will destroy a pre existed script. The history after episode VI is now in books, novels and comics about Mary-Jade, Ben Skywalker, Cade Skywalker, Anakin Solo and many more. So How will Disney F@¤kK this up is still to bee seen.

Spirit of Yoda: Not expecting mutch of this episode VII...I am

Disney, if your checking this, Read up on the "New Republic" ",New Jedi Order" and "the Legacy Era".

Edited by Amminius
Gramer

Eh, I was never a huge fan of the EU post-RoTJ, anyway. The Force became way too powerful, and the IP developed Dragonball syndrome ("My power level is higher than your power level!") It might be nice to get back to the roots of Star Wars, so hopefully that is Disney's intent.

-Macheath.

You do know that was all thrown in the trash once Disney got ahold of Star Wars right..?

Not necessarily. The person you replied to seemed to be quoting the head of Disney. In the YouTube announcement, the head of Disney acknowledged the breadth of Star Wars--including the EU. That gave me hope for the future of EU continuity.

EDIT:

"The Star Wars universe now has more than 17,000 characters inhabiting several thousand planets, spanning 20,000 years." --CEO of Disney, Bob Iger

I see what you mean. This whole thing is either going to be okay or really bad. And with everything we've been hearing, I'm going with the latter.

What have we been hearing? We literally know nothing beyond the fact that the trilogy is an original story, that the Episodes will be labeled VII-IX, and George is working as a creative consultant as he and a team of writers get the script together (with apparent continuity research done by Pablo Hidalgo). The possibilities are vast, and I doubt Disney is going to go out of its way to screw over the IP. Just wait and see.

Edited by Ravager

Any word on what Disney plans for Lucasarts? Personally I'm kind of hoping they let Warren Spector. Have a go at a Star Wars rpg ,or an Indiana Jones game.

I belive they said they want Lucasarts to be shifted to making smaller mobile and social media based games.

Now don't freak out that doesn't mean they won't liscense out Star Wars like they have been doing ie SWTOR to Bioware. It just means Lucasarts won't be personally making the new star wars games. Which they haven't really been doing in a long time anyway.