Bigger role for companions

coronary

I think that the companions in the game need a bigger role in end game/ pvp content. I mean they do your crafting and help you with your dailies, but imo that's not enough. I would like to see companions in use in bgs at the least and possibly as an addition to, rather than a substitute for, other players in some pve formats. Just wanted to know what other ppl thought about this. :D

Not that I want this AT ALL, but the only way a companion in pvp would be acceptable is if they changed a class to more directly reflect a hunter from wow or a squig herder from WAR. If EVERY class got to have a companion in pvp, most if not ALL of the pvp players who know anything about balanced competitive game modes, would rage quit the second it happened. Including me.

You mean what YOUR thoughts are. Most of "us" don't want companions in PVP and such.

NO I wanted to know exactly what I have asked and it would be a terribly flawed assumption that your opinion is in the majority. Myself, not assuming that I am in the majority, have asked a general question regarding the role of companions in an attempt to gauge what people generally think.

Not that I want this AT ALL, but the only way a companion in pvp would be acceptable is if they changed a class to more directly reflect a hunter from wow or a squig herder from WAR. If EVERY class got to have a companion in pvp, most if not ALL of the pvp players who know anything about balanced competitive game modes, would rage quit the second it happened. Including me.

Why would you rage quit? If we all have the same options for companions it would not affect balance at all, it may even create more balance between class options i.e pve dps spec might opt for a healing companion to counteract their lack of survivability, and a tanking / healing class might opt for a dps companion to lift their dps.

You mean what YOUR thoughts are. Most of "us" don't want companions in PVP and such.

Please be mindful of your own advice. Why not make your point without presumption of what the majority of players want, unless you have statistics from a survey or similar? Why not simply state what you prefer individually?

I am for having companions, preferably with well thought out background stories.