can we have LFG system?

KungFuPandaJ

Can we have random flashpoint finder? Also we need random operations finder as well.

Bioware?

YES !!

This way DPS cvan then come to the forums and whine about how their queues in the finder tool are hours long and tanks/healers only take 2 minutes, just like in WoW !!!

I was hoping they would add something else to cause for a slue of whining posts on these forums !!

It will be added soon enough.

It will be added not necessarily because its needed (which it absolutely is in swtor's case because of segregation of planets/zones) but because swtor's main competition has it.

It's a quality of life feature. People who think it destroys server communities never believed in server communities in the first place.

Oh look, more "LFG is only in WoW and it sucks" fanboys. It's a good tool, as long as it's not cross-server.

One rule that should accompany it is that QQ posts regarding queue times get automatically deleted. LFG in TOR to me wouldn't be handy because it would be fast; it would mean that I wouldn't have to stay on the stupid interfleet station spamming /LFG BT for an hour to get one more person to go. I could just quest until the queue came up.

YES !!

This way DPS cvan then come to the forums and whine about how their queues in the finder tool are hours long and tanks/healers only take 2 minutes, just like in WoW !!!

I was hoping they would add something else to cause for a slue of whining posts on these forums !!

Well I suppose it beats the current whine fest about not being in any groups at all as DPS.

Well for one i wish they would add in RAndom flashpoint finder, and random operations finder.

So dps wont complain, and also I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SIT IN fleet all day queuing up for those as well as warfronts. Im too lazy to go out.

And this is good for population, everyone will sit in fleet like I do.

Edited by KungFuPandaJ

I never understand the negative attitude towards LFD tools on this forum, considering the alternative is to literally just sit in the Imperial/Republic fleet spamming "LFG for X flashpoint/operation" for upwards of an hour.

At least with an LFD tool you can queue up and continue to play the game, instead of just sitting there typing the same phrase over and over again for an hour. It's boring as hell and I can only assume that people who don't want an LFD tool in this game actually like it when everyone in the game is horribly bored while staring at their chat box looking for any kind of response.

Start socializing and using your 'who' tool to search for your roles, that's what I had to do to find a healer in Hammer.

Suck it up.

And I don't mind a LFG tool but you guys make it sound like its impossible to ask people, or use the tools you have to find someone. Someone found me to tank by using the 'who' tool.

Edited by RayceUlrand

Start socializing and using your 'who' tool to search for your roles, that's what I had to do to find a healer in Hammer.

Suck it up.

And I don't mind a LFG tool but you guys make it sound like its impossible to ask people, or use the tools you have to find someone. Someone found me to tank by using the 'who' tool.

For some people, it is. They probably started playing WoW during WotLK and have no idea that, prior to that, there were no LFG tools in WoW either (yes, that is right, 4+ years of WoW, no finder tools) ...

Yes, please, yes. I hate standing around in fleet spamming the same LFG message over and over again. And I have already been put on several people's ignore lists for using the /who and then whispering if they would like to join in on the FP, all i would do is "I am creating a group for XXXXXXXX flashpoint, we need a healer, would you like to join?".

With a system like WoWs, but server side only, it will allow me to go out and do my missions while I wait, instead of just sitting in Fleet waiting.

Oh look, more "LFG is only in WoW and it sucks" fanboys. It's a good tool, as long as it's not cross-server.

One rule that should accompany it is that QQ posts regarding queue times get automatically deleted. LFG in TOR to me wouldn't be handy because it would be fast; it would mean that I wouldn't have to stay on the stupid interfleet station spamming /LFG BT for an hour to get one more person to go. I could just quest until the queue came up.

You are the fanboy, not we!

You want something because you cant live without it, due your lack of social skills and "intrest" in group play.

I find it fun how you say "you want to quest", like you cant quest now. I have never been at the fleet and still found groups all the time. You need to read the manual and learn how the LFG of Tor does work, you will see how easy it is to find groups.

At wow you need to wait 40 min and then end up in a group with strangers who you never met before, the results are usually a wipe fest, followed by a forum post of "how hard content is and that it must be adjusted"...

In the end it does take so much more time at wow to group, usually the first group fails so you wait another 40 min in queue - with bad luck you play 4 hours and didnt even finish 1 dungeon.

You are the fanboy, not we!

You want something because you cant live without it, due your lack of social skills and "intrest" in group play.

I find it fun how you say "you want to quest", like you cant quest now. I have never been at the fleet and still found groups all the time. You need to read the manual and learn how the LFG of Tor does work, you will see how easy it is to find groups.

At wow you need to wait 40 min and then end up in a group with strangers who you never met before, the results are usually a wipe fest, followed by a forum post of "how hard content is and that it must be adjusted"...

In the end it does take so much more time at wow to group, usually the first group fails so you wait another 40 min in queue - with bad luck you play 4 hours and didnt even finish 1 dungeon.

Actually, people want a LFG system because they like group content. They would like to do it more often.

BTW, TOR's grouping system is terrible. The fact that WOW's system was more terrible doesn't make TOR's system any less terrible.

For some people, it is. They probably started playing WoW during WotLK and have no idea that, prior to that, there were no LFG tools in WoW either (yes, that is right, 4+ years of WoW, no finder tools) ...

Yeah, I was there. It was horrible then too. Sitting in Ironforge trying to find a group for UBRS as a hunter. Terrible. I don't know why people want to go back to when things were horrible; I don't know why people accept substandard products as they are instead of demanding better.

I just have to question their sanity.

Spamming for group in the Fleet is not fun. It is not a feature. It is not worth my time. If I only have so minutes to play in an afternoon/evening/whatever, I want to spend as many of them as possible actually playing, not standing in one spot doing next-to-nothing.

The LFD tool in TOR is just another cut corner rush-job, and I'm running out of patience waiting for all the things this game should have had in at launch.

I concur, a LFG tab is exactly what the flashpoints need. Who cares if you're borrowing an idea. Some of these other people are naive. How many other features/controls are exactly like Wow? Who cares seriously; Its hard not to do something that a game that's been out for 7 years hasn't already done. It's about improving your game and it will greatly do so. Keep rocking Bioware

Why not cross server? would sure solve all the population issues.