Romanced Koth leaves after Iokath?

Vultura

I only allowed my Smuggler to romance Koth, cause like many others, I find him a tad annoying.. but I figured one toon could have him. She saved his people time and time again and I thought all was well until he dumped her via letter (rude?) after Iokath. The only thing I can think of, is she didn't kill Scorpio. Anyone romance him on a character that DID kill Scorpio? Does he stay? I'm not going to bother with him again if he leaves no matter what you do, but would be nice to know for sure. Thanks. Edited by Vultura

Thanks for posting that thread. I did a search before posting but it didn't catch that for some reason. Your post doesn't say what you did at Iokath tho. Did you free Scorpio or did you kill her? Koth asks if 'we' could 'scrap' her and I didn't. I did kill Chancellor Seresh but Koth shouldn't give a flip about that. Not his battle or people. I'm wondering if freeing Scorpio triggers that letter. Edited by Vultura

• 5 months later...
Still bugged June 1, 2017. Just got the "breakup" email from Koth after finishing the Ascension chapter, despite killing Scorpio and having satisfied Koth in all ways (and I do mean all ways :) ) in the romance and behavior category (all check marks and still in romance, per the companion screen comments). Gotta be a bug.

You can kill him so they don't want to have to bother making new material for him since a bunch of players won't see it anyway and it might make it harder to create a cookie cutter plot that is the same for everyone.