Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So the Rage nerf is official then?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
So the Rage nerf is official then?

Belarm
02.25.2013 , 05:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
In most currnet end game...smash was essentially useless against the bosses. Anybody can wipe trash mobs...ttk on those is irrelevant really as you don't worry about trash mobs enrage timers. Bosses though...need to be taken down before hard enrage timer or it won't happen.

My guild would not take me (the GM) into hm tfb in rage spec! It just wasn't useful enough. Now you might get something out of pve as your single target damage won't hinder the group and you won't have to be carried.
Vengeance isn't cutting more than rage IMO. Rage is doing decent dps in bossfights.

Siorac
02.25.2013 , 05:36 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Belarm View Post
Vengeance isn't cutting more than rage IMO. Rage is doing decent dps in bossfights.
Indeed, since the 1.4 buffs it's very easy and very comfortable to use it in PvE. I'd even say it's somewhat more reliable than Vengeance because the latter relies on RNG a lot: you need those Ravage resets at the right time otherwise your DPS can go down, especially in movement-heavy fights.

Dire
02.25.2013 , 10:35 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
It's less a nerf and more a lateral adjustment as the damage will now come from more than just smash. Yes you smash less...yes it hits less hard...but you might just be viable outside of pvp now. Rage had no single target damage to speak of and now you will have a decent ravage...not on par with vengeance single target, but the gap is less wide now.

Lol... talking out of your butt. I'm a Warstalker and did it with Smash build parsing #1 in my guild.

Enough with false information if you clearly haven't done it.

Yes the Smash fix was needed, but it was not at all weak in PvE - ever.
Characters: Dire / Direforce Legacy Name: Immortal
2.0 Vengeance PvP! Episode 1: The Civil War: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8eNESEwaU

planet_J
02.25.2013 , 10:44 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Dire View Post
Lol... talking out of your butt. I'm a Warstalker and did it with Smash build parsing #1 in my guild.

Enough with false information if you clearly haven't done it.

Yes the Smash fix was needed, but it was not at all weak in PvE - ever.
Go wave WS around in another thread...

Smash sustained DPS is about 200 behind a good vengeance player...PERIOD...yes you can get WS...but, if you're parsing number 1 in a guild with Rage, I have to say...your other DPS must be terrible...and I do mean flat out terrible.

ANY sniper or Marauder or Pyro PT should hand you your backside on a silver platter, and if you had a skilled vengeance player at all...they'd hand you your backside too.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir