Solo Rated Queue

sirullrich

Would solo rated queues kill regular war zones? The biggest reason it seems that most guilds don't run rateds is because of either not having enough people on or team composition is bad.

I think BW needs to have a solo rated queue. You can queue with one other person and it will fill in the slots like a sm OP daily in group finder. 2 healers, 4dps, 2 tanks and it will form a team. Everyone starts off with a rank of 1000 and your rating will go up and down depending on wins and losses.

First 10 matches anyone plays will give you more rating, but as you play more you gradually get less and less rating per match and have a cap that can not go less than 12 points of rating a match. After the 10 matches you will be put into a bracket with people around your same rating.

It is not complete my idea, but I think this will get more people excited about pvp. My guildy thinks that this is a good idea, but will kill reg warzones. He says why would anybody queue for normals if you can just queue rateds. I told him that half of the pvp players are not serious pvp players and people will queue for normals. What does the pvp community think about solo rated queues? Is it going to kill normals or not.

Doesnt have to be rated, although that would be the easiest way of approaching this, but we really need a hardcore list (or whatever you wish to call). A playlist with the exact same rewards as the normal warzones, to eliminate farming, but with a small disclaimer to keep the "casuals" away. Not sure if this would work but it's worth a shot because I'm starting to get extremely fed up with having to single guard on VS while my 7 amazing team mates, who all are standing infront of their door, are losing it to 4 enemies. It has reached the point where I simply don't play anymore. I can't deal with the stupidity and it's just beyond me how those people manage to survive in the real world. They should definitely not be allowed to vote.

I think a better solution would be to allow 4 man or 8 man groups for Rated Warzones.

Taking all group allowances, and friend/guild preferences from the unranked allowing a more fair and balanced approach to these warzones.

I would also recommend roles be added to Warzones, and if someone isn't performing their role properly their Votes to remove not be expired.

I think a better solution would be to allow 4 man or 8 man groups for Rated Warzones.

Taking all group allowances, and friend/guild preferences from the unranked allowing a more fair and balanced approach to these warzones.

I would also recommend roles be added to Warzones, and if someone isn't performing their role properly their Votes to remove not be expired.

?? there are already 8 man rated warzones.

here is my problem with solo rated ques

8+ people simulqueing in order to get a portion of them into the same rated. This will happen, there isn't much BW can do about it, and People will rage and decide not to que up for solo rated because there will probably be 3-6 people in the same voice channel.

No to SOLO ranked queue. Soloer place is in normal warzones, but:

I think a better solution would be to allow 4 man

What this man says. Ranked 8v8, 8v4+4 or 4+4vs4+4. I think 4 people group can easily coordinate their actions with other 4 man. It will not be developed at once just like calling out incomes, interrupts and many other PvP tactics, but 4-man's will get get there.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

This wont work and here is why

group allowance: people will simulque and will most likely get into the same game.

friend/guild: just remove them from friends list or /gquit on when you want to pvp together.

only thing that i like from your post is the class role restrictions but only if they do not effect que times. As in, if there are no healers queing repub or imp side, that faction will still get que pops with no time delay regardless of of group composition.

People stop saying nothing will work!!!!!! Give solutions rather than saying it is not going to work. So many negative people that PVP. If the same friends queue at the same time trying to get in the same game will not work due to rating. Unless they all have the same rating it wouldn't matter if they queued together.

adding solo que to ranked will just add foder for pvp guilds to farm. there is no legit reason to add solo que to ranked. the only real reason is so PVP guilds can easily farm comms to min/max gear for their mains and all of their alts as well. would make farming much faster/easier if all they had to do was que up with a full 8 group to steamroll over solo que pugs in ranked.

at least in normal WZs, they have to put some effort in trying to get double premades in normals.

People stop saying nothing will work!!!!!! Give solutions rather than saying it is not going to work. So many negative people that PVP. If the same friends queue at the same time trying to get in the same game will not work due to rating. Unless they all have the same rating it wouldn't matter if they queued together.

It's not about being negative. It's about being realistic about the subject. Solo ranked is a bad idea overall, because pugs will get rolled by 8-mans all day long and build their epeen rating through the roof. After that rating will mean jack, because those who brag will be shut down with "playing against pugs sure is nice". Ranked is for team play only to test your skills in organised play and compete with other teams on the server.

If you thought it's hard to play vs premade in normal warzone with 4-mans think about 8-mans with voice communication(or without. Some teams have auto tactics already)! You will not even know what hit you.

Leave pugging for normal warzones and add 4-mans to ranked - perfect solution in my opinion.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

well rating pretty much means jack now anyways, being with preseason coming up on being a year old.

implement a daily and weekly quest for doing Rated matches, and then implement a real matchmaking system that attempts to match similarly rated teams. use the median rating for a team when deciding how they go into the matchmaking system. also add "Rated PvP" to the Group Finder.

if those 3 things get done, id be willing to be that you would see a healthy increase in Rated activity

Edited by cashogy_reborn

well rating pretty much means jack now anyways, being with preseason coming up on being a year old.

Totally agree that's why we need to think about solutions. Solo ranked as mentioned is a bad idea. 4-mans seem good enough. Adding additional rewards(vanity would be best, because ranked only gear would make pug stomping worse in NWZ) would help get people into ranked too. Cross realm RWZ... yea we can keep dreaming.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

It's not about being negative. It's about being realistic about the subject. Solo ranked is a bad idea overall, because pugs will get rolled by 8-mans all day long and build their epeen rating through the roof. After that rating will mean jack, because those who brag will be shut down with "playing against pugs sure is nice". Ranked is for team play only to test your skills in organised play and compete with other teams on the server.

If you thought it's hard to play vs premade in normal warzone with 4-mans think about 8-mans with voice communication(or without. Some teams have auto tactics already)! You will not even know what hit you.

Leave pugging for normal warzones and add 4-mans to ranked - perfect solution in my opinion.

Let me clear it up a little. There will be 2 separate queues. One for team queues which you will need 8 people and will have there own separate rating for team rateds. Then there will be a queue for solo. In the solo rateds you can queue with one other person and it will be the format like group finder. There will never be a time when a premade is going to play against 8 pugs. It is 2 separate queues and 2 separate ratings.

You can't tell me this doesn't work when I know for a fact that games with two separate queues for rateds and separate ratings for both queues are happening everywhere. How can you say leave pugging for normals when more than half the pvp population cries about premades. There will be no premades in my solo rated queues. Unless you consider 2 people to be a premade.

Let me clear it up a little. There will be 2 separate queues. One for team queues which you will need 8 people and will have there own separate rating for team rateds. Then there will be a queue for solo. In the solo rateds you can queue with one other person and it will be the format like group finder. There will never be a time when a premade is going to play against 8 pugs. It is 2 separate queues and 2 separate ratings.

You can't tell me this doesn't work when I know for a fact that games with two separate queues for rateds and separate ratings for both queues are happening everywhere. How can you say leave pugging for normals when more than half the pvp population cries about premades. There will be no premades in my solo rated queues. Unless you consider 2 people to be a premade.

there will be "premades" in your solo ques just like right now there are double premades rolling pugs in normal WZs.

Yes it can work if there would be cross server queue. That system gives us 3 queues(NWZ, RWZ premade, RWZ pug). 3 separate queues with current pvp population doesn't seem like a good idea. Recruits in NWZ will get abnormal waiting time, premade RWZ will take forever to pop and only alive queue would be pug RWZ.

So we enter to your idea with 2 unhappy groups(NWZ stompped by premades+never poping RWZ) and quit with 2 anyway(3 if recruits start playing on pug RWZ because there's no pop on NWZ).

Edited by MelodicSixNine

BW planned to implement solo ques at the same time as 8-man ranked. but guess what, this isnt LoL, it is SWTOR and the developers came to the same conclusion everyone but you has come to...It will, Not, work. you may not want to hear it but it is the decision that BW has made and one many of the community agree with. you may call us negative but there is no good proposed solution to this. If you have one, please let us know but what you and everyone else in this an previous threads of this type have come up with is they will not work.

people will que at the same time and get into "solo" ranked wzs and then we will have people like you crying that there are groups in solo ques. would solo ranked work better with cross-server, most likely. but guess what, BW has also stated that cross-server ques are on the backburner.

2 4-man groups for ranked isnt a good solution either since we will still get 2 4-man premades stomping in regular wzs. 5v5 or less might work but that is an arena topic and shouldnt be given thought in this thread.

now, go back to the threads bashing 4man groups in regular wzs.

Edited by ForsakenKing

I think BW needs to have a solo rated queue. You can queue with one other person and it will fill in the slots like a sm OP daily in group finder. 2 healers, 4dps, 2 tanks and it will form a team. Everyone starts off with a rank of 1000 and your rating will go up and down depending on wins and losses.

Personally, I’d like to see ranked premades not be allowed to queue in a normal warzone. I know many of you would not like this idea; however, since a majority of those premades are ranked players earning those ranks from a ranked warzone that should restrict you from playing in a non-ranked warzone in a premade.

I like the OP’s idea. BW can easily make another set of buttons that will allow queuing for ranked warzones for 2+, 4+, as they have for eight man. A solo queue for those who want to venture into ranked should be allowed. You have to earn 10 victories before your ranking is awarded. They have until then to decide whether or not ranked warzones is something they can or want to do.

As it is now, the plethora of ranked premades rampaging through a normal warzone by the so-called “professional super-uber elite players” is ridiculous. I PuG all the time when my friends or my guild members aren’t around. It is as enjoyable as being part of a non-ranked premade. However, there is no fun in it whatsoever when these ranked uber elite premades show up in a warzone and destroy you faster than you can do anything to counter them.

Don’t give me “oh but you can only get better against facing betters not against bads.” That’s a myth and complete misrepresentation of improving one’s self. Improving your abilities and skills come from learning from your mistakes and taking the appropriate measures to tweak the process. Facing ranked premade full of uber elites one cannot do it because a person does not last long enough to figure out what they did wrong or how to improve because they are dead within 2 to 3 GCDs. You cannot improve yourself from being face rolled in that time period. A person can improve their abilities by playing people (good or bad) that are on an equal footing. Where they have time to digest what they did and make the necessary changes during a live warzone. Currently, you cannot do that facing some premade and most certainly not a group full of elitist uber ranked players.

Another reason for being face rolled by a ranked premade is the use of real-time communications. Most PuGs do not have this and are at the mercy of those who do. This alone determines the winner before the match starts. Live communications gives ranked and non-ranked premades a distinct advantage over those who do not have it and PuG players are being abused by those who have it. BW should have instituted live chat as the other MMOs when they first went live. That’s on them for not being proactive and having the foresight to use that option for in-game PvP.

It is time for BW to separate the ranked players from the non-ranked players. It has gotten to the point where entering a warzone you don’t know if you have a chance to win or end up like a snowball in hell. There is no fun for anyone to zone in a face those ranked players for the non-ranked. Those of us on Jedi Covenant who PuG end up being the butt of the ranked premades as they rub in our defeats and losses with such things as “farmed” or “owned” or “you don’t need to PvP anymore, you’re a bad.” I’ve seen it from all the uber elite ranked guilds from both sides.

It is incumbent on BW to keep those ranked players from participating in a non-ranked warzone as part of a premade, guild or not. They can do that based on said player(s) RWZ rating. As I’ve seen plenty of you say, “we’re the professional PvPers.” Yup, you are. Now, because of your rankings, you should not be allowed to face non-ranked players in a normal warzone while in a premade, period. You want to play in the normal WZ, PuG it just like the rest of us “casual/baddies,” you all so richly reminds us day in and day out, in the warzones and here on this forum.

Furthermore, non-ranked premades should be grouped against a like group of players and not play against a PuG either. However, that can be possible if another premade is used to fill a PuG but limited to 4 and 4 only. Furthermore, BW needs to institute the Flash Point management system of 4 separate ACs of 2 like ACs per side to balance the warzones based on Heals/Tank/DPS formula they currently use. That means no more than 2 Warriors/Jedis, 2 Consular/Inquisitors, 2 Merc/Troopers, and 2 Agents/Smugglers. This would promote a more balance game play with no advantage to either side based on ACs.

This is what needs to be done inorder to improve the warzone environment for players. Right now the fun factor in non-ranked warzones evaporated with ranked premades and non-ranked premades rampaging through each warzone. Conversely, I could care less if you like what I’ve said or not. Those who will reply against this idea will be demeaning and disrespectful as always. That’s what happens when you have super uber-elitist players having their will and way in a PvP environment. It is time to separate these players (the minority) from the rest us “casual/bad” (the majority) players, period.

BW planned to implement solo ques at the same time as 8-man ranked. but guess what, this isnt LoL, it is SWTOR and the developers came to the same conclusion everyone but you has come to...It will, Not, work. you may not want to hear it but it is the decision that BW has made and one many of the community agree with. you may call us negative but there is no good proposed solution to this. If you have one, please let us know but what you and everyone else in this an previous threads of this type have come up with is they will not work.

people will que at the same time and get into "solo" ranked wzs and then we will have people like you crying that there are groups in solo ques. would solo ranked work better with cross-server, most likely. but guess what, BW has also stated that cross-server ques are on the backburner.

2 4-man groups for ranked isnt a good solution either since we will still get 2 4-man premades stomping in regular wzs. 5v5 or less might work but that is an arena topic and shouldnt be given thought in this thread.

now, go back to the threads bashing 4man groups in regular wzs.

Sorry buddy never ever complained about premades. Why would I when I am already apart of a rated team. Hmm... Like I said you will have a rating so even if you queue together your ratings are not going to be the same. One more time there 8 man rated team matches are seperate from sole queues. Solo queues will still have 8 people.

So your argument of they will just queue at the same time could be true, but Let me ask you this then why would the 8 people then separate themselves in 4 groups of 2. Then all queue at the same time. Do you honestly think that all 4 groups are going to be on the same team. Your argument is only valid if everybody in your guild has the same rating. Also man why are you getting mad for. Did I hurt your feelings!!!!!!

This wont work and here is why

group allowance: people will simulque and will most likely get into the same game.

friend/guild: just remove them from friends list or /gquit on when you want to pvp together.

only thing that i like from your post is the class role restrictions but only if they do not effect que times. As in, if there are no healers queing repub or imp side, that faction will still get que pops with no time delay regardless of of group composition.

The Roles would actually be there to prevent that from happening, also adding a cooldown to joining a guild, and a timer for friends to be removed would also help with this. Never said it would be perfect, just a better solution than currently exists. Being on one side with maybe 4 people that know each other against 2 full 4 man groups from the same guild is BS.

Sorry buddy never ever complained about premades. Why would I when I am already apart of a rated team. Hmm... Like I said you will have a rating so even if you queue together your ratings are not going to be the same. One more time there 8 man rated team matches are seperate from sole queues. Solo queues will still have 8 people.

So your argument of they will just queue at the same time could be true, but Let me ask you this then why would the 8 people then separate themselves in 4 groups of 2. Then all queue at the same time. Do you honestly think that all 4 groups are going to be on the same team. Your argument is only valid if everybody in your guild has the same rating. Also man why are you getting mad for. Did I hurt your feelings!!!!!!

No, you dont understand. I know 8 man rateds are seperate thing but still have 8 people. where do i even imply otherwise. and i think i answered your question before. yes, i do believe that 8 (6, 10, 12 however many are in the guild at that time) people will separate themselves into groups of 2 and have similar enough ratings that they would get into the same wz because they only que together and win/lose together. this system is too easy to abuse and that is why it isnt a good idea. and since you think im mad for some reason, ill end the paragraph with this....GRRRRRRR!!!!!! :D

anyway, we are arguing in circles and will never sway the other so im done.

No, you dont understand. I know 8 man rateds are seperate thing but still have 8 people. where do i even imply otherwise. and i think i answered your question before. yes, i do believe that 8 (6, 10, 12 however many are in the guild at that time) people will separate themselves into groups of 2 and have similar enough ratings that they would get into the same wz because they only que together and win/lose together. this system is too easy to abuse and that is why it isnt a good idea. and since you think im mad for some reason, ill end the paragraph with this....GRRRRRRR!!!!!! :D

anyway, we are arguing in circles and will never sway the other so im done.

True that, but if it is in group finder form healers and tanks will always be less available then dps. So I believe regardless if they queue together it will be hard to get on the same team. But w/e we don't know until BW tries something.