sm ops bolster

Hello!

I'm thinking to start playing as tank in sm ops, and don't understand how much I must invest in tank gear considering bolster system. I didn't find any good guide on how bolstering works for sm ops. I'll try to describe it in a form of several questions

1. augments. What happens if I dont have an augment, is it applied? what rating? what stats? every slot or only selected, like main hand, offhand and clothes)? Would I benefit applying high level augment like 208?

2. what rating gear is bolstered to? should I invest in 216+ (which is scarse for me) or 204 (which is plenty) that would be bolstered to 216+ anyways?

3. what stats are bolstered? ppl say that "tretriary" stats are not bolstered, those are power, aclarity, critical, shield, defense, adsorb, accuracy right? So for that case I should use multiplicative stats (critical, aclarity instead of power) right?

4. a bit offtopic. I have several tank characters. Should I use the same distribution of shield,defense,adsorb on all of them or it is class dependant? what would that distribution be considering bolstering?

Hello!

Let me answer some of the questions for you. Regarding SM OPS the bolster actually works great. With that being said and to answer your first question: you don't really need augments. They help so you'll be more comfortable but you'll be fine without them. Invest in them if you want to progress to HM OPS. Only then they are a must.

Second question: as far as I know every gear gets bolstered. Even empty shells as long as every slot is filled. You can go in with PVP gear even. So any gear will do.

Third: I think you're right, tertiarry stats don't get bolstered(someone please clarify).

Fourth: Go with this: http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/4-0-class-guides/ you can find lots of usefull info. If you wan't to get into minmaxing head here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8558158

Pls note that for SM OPS you don't need fully optimized gear and stuff. You'll perform better with it but it's not a must.

Have fun tanking!