Versus Series Battle 2: Boba Fett vs. HK-47

Bird_of_Thunder

Yeah, not pleased with the direction they went with HK-47, he could have been an entire story to himself in the relatively untamed Old Republic, I mean look what they did with Revan, quite possibly the most recognizable name of the Old Republic, and they have him imprisoned by the Sith for 300 years...

Wow...

These people sure know how to use their characters.

Let's not forget what they did to the Exile for that matter...I've seen better character write offs in wrestling.

see I completely disagree with you and what you suggest is the biggest problem with Star Wars.

We don't need to know the entire history of every single character in Star Wars. It's just not needed. For god sakes there are stories about the Wampa that got his arm cut off by Luke in ESB. THERE IS NO NEED FOR ANY OF THAT.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh well in that case it doesn't matter because SWG isn't considered canon any more.

Some of the element's are not canon like the Battle of Hoth and players being cloned when they die. For the most part SWG is canon, this includes the HK-47 fight.

see I completely disagree with you and what you suggest is the biggest problem with Star Wars.

We don't need to know the entire history of every single character in Star Wars. It's just not needed. For god sakes there are stories about the Wampa that got his arm cut off by Luke in ESB. THERE IS NO NEED FOR ANY OF THAT.

I think one of the greatest things about Star Wars is the fact that even the most inconspicuous characters have a backstory, but I agree that the Wampa didn't need a backstory. Unless it was a really good story. Maybe that Wampa was like the Wampa king or something. :D

and we could argue the actual canon of those books as part of star wars canon is you can't go against g-canon.

So if G-canon shows Boba Fett to be one way ie beaten by a blind Han Solo (officially dying in the sarlac pit), beaten by Assasge Ventress (in all of the Clone Wars he is shown to be a bit well slow or at least not as good as Jang) and so on then all those things in the EU wouldn't be valid. He really is a completely different character in the EU then what is presented in the movies and the TV series both of which are higher on the canon list.

actually no we can't... the canon guidelines are tools that LL uses to decide what is or isn't canon and what their writers and producers are allowed to create... they aren't rules which fans are meant to attempt to apply since fans do not have the authority to make judgments about the IP... think of the canon guild-lines as Laws and LL are the Judges who rule on them... you being a civilian may read and understand them but you have no authority to apply or rule on them... LL says all those EU books are canon and they are the only ones who's opinions on the matter actually mean anything

seeing as there are people that enjoy those stories and will actively spend money to experience them, while you are free to have your own opinion, the majority disagrees and as the SW IP is a product it will keep doing it as long as it sells

Boba wins, but barely. After HK has Fett disarmed and on defense Fett surprises him with a rocket shot from his jet pack.

As for anybody who has said the IG's are superior to HK's... Thats a total joke. The IG models have very limited artificial intelligence compared to HK models, and absolutely no debate about it an original one of a kind droid like HK-47 is superior to IG-88 and its offspring. HK-47 creativity and design by Revan himself beats IG-88's bland existence. How many Jedi did that droid kill versus how many jedi AND sith HK obliterated in his time.

Oh yeah insult to injury. HK would have found The Millenium Falcon and its crew. Where as IG-88 chilled on Vaders ship and failed to take Solo from Boba afterwards XD

seeing as there are people that enjoy those stories and will actively spend money to experience them, while you are free to have your own opinion, the majority disagrees and as the SW IP is a product it will keep doing it as long as it sells

oh defenlty not. The majority? If it was the majority then SW books sales would be closer to that of the movie ticket sales.

You ask the majority of people who like Star Wars if they would pay money to read a story about Darth Vaders glove after the destruction of the death star and they would laugh at you.

oh defenlty not. The majority? If it was the majority then SW books sales would be closer to that of the movie ticket sales.

You ask the majority of people who like Star Wars if they would pay money to read a story about Darth Vaders glove after the destruction of the death star and they would laugh at you.

any yet even SW novels that are written about none of the main characters make the bestsellers list... honestly anything with a SW logo slapped on it sells extremely well so of course they are going to milk that from every angle... it would be foolish to not

Boba wins, but barely. After HK has Fett disarmed and on defense Fett surprises him with a rocket shot from his jet pack.

As for anybody who has said the IG's are superior to HK's... Thats a total joke. The IG models have very limited artificial intelligence compared to HK models, and absolutely no debate about it an original one of a kind droid like HK-47 is superior to IG-88 and its offspring. HK-47 creativity and design by Revan himself beats IG-88's bland existence. How many Jedi did that droid kill versus how many jedi AND sith HK obliterated in his time.

Oh yeah insult to injury. HK would have found The Millenium Falcon and its crew. Where as IG-88 chilled on Vaders ship and failed to take Solo from Boba afterwards XD

....Wow clearly you don't know IG-88, they are superior to HK's. Limited AI? Are you kidding me? The IG-88 droids had AI(which was still experimental meaning brand new) that made them more adaptable and resourceful, in fact the scientists that build IG-88 had their expectations all but destroyed because of how good the AI was and that was their undoing. Within a few seconds IG-88 killed his creators with his bare hands, downloaded his memory into the other 3 droids and left.

Let me know when HK has done the following.

1. Taken over a planet without setting foot on in.

2. Create an army unknowing to the galaxy(this includes Palps and Vader)

3. Take over a super weapon, and become so close to controlling the galaxy.

4. Have extremely fast reflexes even by droid standards, and calculate a blaster bolt deflecting it back at the shooter all in microseconds.

The only thing HK has over IG-88 is killing jedi and sith, but only because IG-88 was around when there were none so that isn't a valid argument. As for IG-88B's death at the hands of Boba, that doesn't really make any sense because if the droids are able to calculate in microseconds, see in complete 360 degrees Boba shouldn't have gotten the drop on IG-88B.

But due to the story, the IG-88 droids had to be destroyed quickly. The only deaths that are ok with me are IG-88A's and D's. C is....I guess....B is just no.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Just read the stupid Wikipedia article on expanded universe of IG-88. Beyond ridiculous but whatever.

Anyway

a) The massive droid army failed. And to think another droid hadn't considered a genocide plan is ridiculous. I'm confident GO-TO, HK-50's etc had more then the ability to come up with an idea like that. Can't tout something that failed as a reason to being superior as HK

b) Each army creation attempt was foiled. HK's have had factories but at least those were successful

c) Wouldn't have mattered had the droid somehow miraculously taken over the death star. Nevermind how absolutely ridiculous the idea is, and an idea I'm sure Lucas and anybody working on the original trilogy would laugh at. Even if the droid had taken it over, what would it have done better then the Emporer, Vader, and Grand Moff? Shoot a planet? It would have failed all the same

d) Considering the droid lost and failed in countless situations obviously your theory of it being able to deflect blaster bolts and all that is a farce.

HK > IG sorry bro

Just read the stupid Wikipedia article on expanded universe of IG-88. Beyond ridiculous but whatever.

Anyway

a) The massive droid army failed. And to think another droid hadn't considered a genocide plan is ridiculous. I'm confident GO-TO, HK-50's etc had more then the ability to come up with an idea like that. Can't tout something that failed as a reason to being superior as HK

b) Each army creation attempt was foiled. HK's have had factories but at least those were successful

c) Wouldn't have mattered had the droid somehow miraculously taken over the death star. Nevermind how absolutely ridiculous the idea is, and an idea I'm sure Lucas and anybody working on the original trilogy would laugh at. Even if the droid had taken it over, what would it have done better then the Emporer, Vader, and Grand Moff? Shoot a planet? It would have failed all the same

d) Considering the droid lost and failed in countless situations obviously your theory of it being able to deflect blaster bolts and all that is a farce.

HK > IG sorry bro

1. IG-88 was the closest out of all of them with the droid revolution to almost work.

2. How is the idea ridiculous, compared to other ridiculous stories in Star Wars? Moreover, IG-88 was planning to send a signal from the DS, to all the droids around the galaxy to revolt against the humans and kill them all and it would have worked if it weren't for the DS being destroyed.

3. Um...no look it up on IG-88's abilities he can do it and did do it. That was another PIS moment for Boba being able to take B out, and a CIS moment for B because he couldn't dodge the ion blasters even when he could see complete 360 and have extremely fast reflexes.

====

But anyway, not gonna derail the thread here so am done on this subject. IG-88 > HK.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

any yet even SW novels that are written about none of the main characters make the bestsellers list... honestly anything with a SW logo slapped on it sells extremely well so of course they are going to milk that from every angle... it would be foolish to not

I don't know if it is silly or not. There is something to be said about the old philosophy of "leave them wanting more"

With Star Wars you can get more then your fill of it.

The only really other IP that is as big as Star Wars would be Lord of The Rings there you have an IP that has not gone the SW route and over saturated the market.

From a business or financial standpoint yes it's a good idea to milk the hell out of the IP. But from a longevity stand point i'm not so sure.

1. There were other stories of other droid revolutions, that came after IG-88's so really IG-88 was the first idea with the revolution in terms of being written. Every other one is just trying to copy on that, but even then IG-88 was the closest out of all of them to almost work.

that's incorrect....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Droid_Revolution

first mentioned in Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 3: Descent to the Dark Side in 1994 which was two years before Tales of the Bounty Hunters was put out with IG-88's failed revolution

honestly tho I'd go with HK having the best personality by far but IG-88 would probably win by virtue of having the latest technology 4000 years advanced when compared to HK's

Edited by Liquidacid

that's incorrect....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Droid_Revolution

first mentioned in Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 3: Descent to the Dark Side in 1994 which was two years before Tales of the Bounty Hunters was put out with IG-88's failed revolution

honestly tho I'd go with HK having the best personality by far but IG-88 would probably win by virtue of having the latest technology 4000 years advanced when compared to HK's

Ah ok then stand corrected, forgot about that one.

I don't know if it is silly or not. There is something to be said about the old philosophy of "leave them wanting more"

With Star Wars you can get more then your fill of it.

The only really other IP that is as big as Star Wars would be Lord of The Rings there you have an IP that has not gone the SW route and over saturated the market.

From a business or financial standpoint yes it's a good idea to milk the hell out of the IP. But from a longevity stand point i'm not so sure.

well the SW IP has been going strong and growing for 35 years now and still selling massively so it seems to be doing pretty well in the longevity department so far... and it has pretty much cemented it's place as part of our culture... I mean I've served in 3rd world countries and talked to people in towns that own 1 TV that gets 3 channels and they all still know who Darth Vader is...

Edited by Liquidacid

Actually Luke could probably take then on one at a time. He probably couldn't beat all four at once, if you mean ROTJ Luke. If not Luke could pwn them while eating a nerf steak sandwich. He wouldn't need Han, Leia and Lando.

Luke up to the end of RotJ is not very powerful or learned, just very lucky. Against one of the Imp classes towards the end of their current story arcs, Luke would be beaten down fairly easily. Post-RotJ, Grand Master Luke? Plot-Device on his side which makes any debate utterly meaningless.

We've already kinda gone over this. There has been very little technological advancement, if any at all, over the last 4000yrs due to constant wars, insurrections, separatist factions, companies being dissolved and much technology and information being lost or destroyed during that time span. A thousand years before RotS, a number of folk were still using ships from the Mandalorian Wars, which was roughly 3000yrs prior.

And as Kight Errant showed us, what advancements are made are only done in specific areas and not enough to really matter, while technology in other areas has even devolved or remained the same over an extended period of time.

Luke up to the end of RotJ is not very powerful or learned, just very lucky. Against one of the Imp classes towards the end of their current story arcs, Luke would be beaten down fairly easily. Post-RotJ, Grand Master Luke? Plot-Device on his side which makes any debate utterly meaningless.

So are you saying that one of the TOR characters can beat Vader?

Grand Master Luke has more than just plot devices on his side. He is the embodiment of the Light Side, the most powerful Jedi ever.

Anyway, I don't really care who wins. They're both pretty cool.

So are you saying that one of the TOR characters can beat Vader?

I got through all 4 storylines, did some of'em twice. Vader's not that big'a fish (and he's already lost to Starkiller twice). And he suffers mad PIS against Luke.

Grand Master Luke has more than just plot devices on his side. He is the embodiment of the Light Side, the most powerful Jedi ever.

Like I said, Plot-Device. Deus Ex Machina. Whatever you wanna call it. Garu Stu.

Edited by ReiKai