Alacrity Change

twoosh

Did you read my post. Why is lower GCD good for instant cast abilities?

So I can stealth, use vehicle, and do some attacks faster? How exactly will this let me heal better?

GCD as in global cool down.

it will allow your instant casts to be used more often as in your slow release med pack will be able to stack to two quicker etc...

Did you read my post. Why is lower GCD good for instant cast abilities?

So I can stealth, use vehicle, and do some attacks faster? How exactly will this let me heal better?

Up to now, Global Cooldown (GCD) has been fixed at 1.5s (bar Berserk ability for Marauders), meaning you can only cast one ability every 1.5s (unless those abilities ignore the GCD entirely - Pugnacity, etc).

in 2.0, Alacrity shortens the GCD. So instead of taking 1.5s, it could be1.4s, or whatever lower number. The point is you wait less time for the next cast = quicker damage/healing = more damage/healing.

Also, as mentioned, it will boost energy regen.

So Alacrity will be useful, even with instant casts. How useful, relative to other stats, remains to be seen. It'll be worth more than infinite Surge with near-invisible benefits though.

I'm not too impressed with the alacrity changes. I run 300 alacrity on live with a 1.7 uwm cast. Swapped to pts and geared/leveled up to 500 alacrity and have a 1.8 uwm cast. They nerfed alacrity not buffed it. My cleanse is at 4.5 seconds regardless of alacrity stacked. Diagnostic scan casts slower and crits less due to crit changes making it less viable for energy regen. Not that it matters as there are no energy problems at all now with the other changes. Just seems a waste of points spent in the skill tree now.

I'm not too impressed with the alacrity changes. I run 300 alacrity on live with a 1.7 uwm cast. Swapped to pts and geared/leveled up to 500 alacrity and have a 1.8 uwm cast. They nerfed alacrity not buffed it. My cleanse is at 4.5 seconds regardless of alacrity stacked. Diagnostic scan casts slower and crits less due to crit changes making it less viable for energy regen. Not that it matters as there are no energy problems at all now with the other changes. Just seems a waste of points spent in the skill tree now.

alacrity was rebalanced because it is significantly more powerful now.

you need to look at the changes holistically, not at the difference in cast time of one skill and think of it as a nerf

The biggest change to Alacrity was the boost to energy regen, and I think that's the real reason a Scoundrel will want the stat.

We don't really know how it will all shake out once we have mix-maxed gear, but there is one big plus to this. Now instead of stacking surge way past diminishing returns, we have the option to stack alacrity instead. And the alacrity should provide a noticeable increase to our DPS as well. Though...we may not be able to stack as much of it as before, now that critical rating is worth much less.

alacrity was rebalanced because it is significantly more powerful now.

you need to look at the changes holistically, not at the difference in cast time of one skill and think of it as a nerf

I understand what you are saying it being a more powerful stat. I am looking at the end result of stacking almost twice as much alacrity on the new gear and getting slower cast times on ALL my casts as opposed to the live version. It's a nerf to our casting speed. Plain and simple. The stat is not as effective as it was they just made it effect more things than it did. May be a buff to some classes that had a lot of instant casts but its a nerf to me imho. As far a i can tell it does nothing for cooldowns of abilities that are not instant. My cleanse is at 4.5 seconds with my gear off or on. Kolto injection also stays at the 9 second cooldown regardless of alacrity stacked. The alacrity change for energy regen is a wash because we lost the diagnostic scan usefullness due to the lower crit rate and slower cast times. With the energy regen buff we got outside of alacrity it's a wash anyways. Seems like the energy management was dumbed down completely. Seems like the class was slowed down and dumbed down altogether.

Edited by nninjacoupe

I My cleanse is at 4.5 seconds with my gear off or on.

that 4.5 seconds is the normal cooldown of the ability. the globaol cooldown is the period of time needed before you are able to cast the next skill after using an instant cast...

Edited by tehfiro