Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roleplaying?

saremun
01.30.2013 , 06:05 PM | #1
Hi everyone!

i have been playing SWTOR since release and i did everything except roleplaying. I always like to play in an RP server cause i really like the community. i was always interested in RPing but i have many problems, the first is that the English is not my first language(you may notice in the way iam writing this ) and the second is that i dont really know what to say, how to start or anything about the rules etc...

one of the questions is how do i address another Sith lord or Jedi master or anyone else in general if iam a Sith lord?(which is what iam playing 99% of the time).

any advises on how to start? some of the important rules?

sharpenedstick
01.30.2013 , 10:17 PM | #2
Welcome to Role-Playing. I think you'll find that if you stick with it, it can add a little variety to your SWTOR play experience.

My advice, first off, is to find a good RP guild. I'm sure there are several on your server, and most are constantly recruiting. They will provide you with a good atmosphere to take your first few steps.

As for modes of address and stuff like that, RPers have this unfair reputation as sticklers (and sure, some are), but for the most part if you're trying, they'll appreciate it and accept you. Using /say and an emote /greet or /bow is a good way to introduce yourself.

In the end you might find that RP isn't for you, and that's fine too. But I'd suggest giving it more than one go, because there are many different flavors of Role-Playing, and while you might not find what you're looking for initially, if you stick with it you probably will, and it'll add a lot to SWTOR.

saremun
01.31.2013 , 01:59 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by sharpenedstick View Post
Welcome to Role-Playing. I think you'll find that if you stick with it, it can add a little variety to your SWTOR play experience.

My advice, first off, is to find a good RP guild. I'm sure there are several on your server, and most are constantly recruiting. They will provide you with a good atmosphere to take your first few steps.

As for modes of address and stuff like that, RPers have this unfair reputation as sticklers (and sure, some are), but for the most part if you're trying, they'll appreciate it and accept you. Using /say and an emote /greet or /bow is a good way to introduce yourself.

In the end you might find that RP isn't for you, and that's fine too. But I'd suggest giving it more than one go, because there are many different flavors of Role-Playing, and while you might not find what you're looking for initially, if you stick with it you probably will, and it'll add a lot to SWTOR.
thanks for the tips, one of the things i found is that old/solid RP guilds don't recruit new people(who didn't RP before) but the new guilds newly made guild do invite and learn new Rpers.

sharpenedstick
01.31.2013 , 10:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
thanks for the tips, one of the things i found is that old/solid RP guilds don't recruit new people(who didn't RP before) but the new guilds newly made guild do invite and learn new Rpers.
There are plenty of older and solid RP guilds on my server that are constantly recruiting. Maybe the largest guilds occasionally stop recruiting pushes, but even they generally are receptive to people willing to pitch in. Maybe it's different on your server though.

At any rate, I think you're best off in a mid sized guild anyway. A small guild may not have the population density necessary to sustain RP, and a large guild might not be willing to take the time. But a mid-sized guild would appreciate you like a small one, but have the availability closer to a large one.