[Swiftian Commentary] GSF is too hard!

Sidenti

I was flying a match the other day in a stock Bloodmark (as I often do) when I realized something:

I can't one-shot everything from across the map.

I believe this is a serious oversight. The historical record of gaming clearly shows that MMO gamers do NOT prefer a challenge! So why are we giving ourselves one by having to trundle out there in our ships, aim, and shoot more than one time up close and personal?

We already know what's gonna happen since we're all the top pilot in any group we're in (including groups where we're all together - sorry; the human condition prevents me from acknowledging superior talent because SURELY I must be that talent!), so why drag things out? Give all ships the ability to one-shot each other from across the map, and give everyone an equal trophy for participation.

Because not only do we gamers despise challenge - we must have equal tokens for participation regardless of outcome. It's the American way!

(I'm sure you get the gist of this thread by now. If you don't, it's not the thread for you. If you do? Your Swiftian nonsense below. Make it good n' subtle! -bp)

How can you be for competition when your constantly lobbying to have it removed from the game entirely?

Since you don't seem to understand what competitive means or what competition is, here are some definitions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

com·pet·i·tive adjective \kəm-ˈpe-tə-tiv\

: of or relating to a situation in which people or groups are trying to win a contest or be more successful than others : relating to or involving competition

: having a strong desire to win or be the best at something

or

com·pe·ti·tion noun \ˌkäm-pə-ˈti-shən\

: the act or process of trying to get or win something (such as a prize or a higher level of success) that someone else is also trying to get or win : the act or process of competing

: actions that are done by people, companies, etc., that are competing against each other

the competition : a person or group that you are trying to succeed against : a person or group that you are competing with

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice how it doesn't mention handicaps or a perfectly level playing field? That's because advantage is inherit to competition, its what every competitor strives for. The person with the advantage whether it be skill or superior tools is going to win, and that couldn't be more natural.

I may just roll a toon on EH to test your theory :p (unlimited POWER!!!!)

sry no Swiftian response here but we (yourself included) GSF veterans (is GSF old enough to call ourselves veterans?) know it's the challenge that brings us back.

in early access I played 3 matches and got my *ss handed to me each and every time (stupid asteroids jumping in front of me... (be the weapon, be the asteroid)). didn't play again for a week and then figured I'd try again. I still sucked but saw I was getting a little better.

now, I have at least 3 toons that are waaay over lvl'ed for their class content due to GSF and can't get enough of it.

your post made me smile and thought I'd throw in my two cents - keep flying :)

In order, by post:

* Yes it does.

* I have never, ever believed an advantage is necessary for victory and I've never understood why anyone would think that. Though it does explain why people ragequit...

* You too, MC. Hope to see you on the Hawk sometime. ;) -bp

In order, by post:

* I have never, ever believed an advantage is necessary for victory and I've never understood why anyone would think that. Though it does explain why people ragequit...

Do you know what matches are called where neither team has an advantage? We call those stalemates. And no stalemates are not fun.

Do you know what matches are called where neither team has an advantage? We call those stalemates. And no stalemates are not fun.

/facepalm

Yes. Surely there can NEVER be a victor among equal sides.

No, that's when true heroes are born, sir/ma'am. When it's a level playing field and the game/battle/poker hand is on the line, it is true heroes that step up and MAKE the difference.

It's no fun if I have to explain basic principles. I mean, it used to be, maybe a decade ago when I thought making these kinds of explanatory counterpoints scored goodies and karma and chicks on the internet, but it really does take away from the fun.

Stop taking away from the fun. Go be a hero! -bp

How much relief on the forums will 100k buy me? I'm willing to go up if you stop posting unfunny nonsense:)

100k will buy you nonsense that is ACTUALLY funny. Payable to Siddain on the Ebon Hawk Imperial side.

No checks. You have the face of a deadbeat.