Should they make KoTor 3?

Prideofdawn

this already is essentially kotor 3. in all honesty though the the old republic is already fairly stale in terms of overall story. id rather they hit up a new ip than continue to pound it into the ground any further. look at mass effect for instance. something along the lines of say jade empire 2 would be stellar.

Honestly, they should have made KotoR 3 instead of SW:ToR. They are awesome at telling Stories and developing Single-player games. MMOs are clearly not their strong side, and after that disaster i am staying away from Bioware games in the future, that also includes ME3 (Origin is part of that decision ofc).

They should have, but they went with an MMO instead. Now the chances of KotOR III have dropped to about zero.

I'm sure there are still millions of people out there waiting for Warcraft 4... and even though lately there are rumours it will start getting some development, it won't be the same as if it would have been if they released it in 2005/2006, because the whole Warcraft 3 lore has already been r***d by World of Warcraft so a possible Warcraft 4 would only have a completely new story that they will probably r**e in future WoW expansions.

Please leave my beloved KotOR alone. I want to remember it as the best game I have ever played, not as another great game that has been abused as a cash cow.

Anyone else think that they should still make a KoTor 3? I love this game really, but it will be a little while before it starts to really shine. In replaying KoToR 1 & 2 I really think they could make big money if they make a third. Anyone else agree?

When player's before this game was released asked for a KOTR3. They said this game had enough content for KOTR 1-2-4-5-and 10. Sadly I think they might have used all their engry and money into this game I really think it would be embarrassing for them to go back and say we're making KORT3.

SWTOR is KOTOR 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11

That's an insult to KotOR you know.

In KotOR the story went deep, real deep and it struck you to find out you were actually Revan.

In KotOR the companions were cool, every single one of them.

In KotOR you had awesome music, also every single one of them. Think about the soundtracks when you create your character, when the Endar Spire gets attack, when you have the Malak moments, when you're on planets like Dantooine, Manaan, etc. etc. etc.

Now TOR:

Only played trough the Jedi Knight story, but I can tell you that:

Story wasn't all that thrilling. In Act 1 and Act 2 you meet some wannabe bad guys but everytime their names get mentioned you have trouble remembering who exactly they were again. I didn't have this problem with Calo Nord, Admiral Karath, Darth Bandon, Darth Malak, etc. in KotOR. Act 3 is when something major happens, but because everything is pretty rushed the build-up is too fast and thus the story doesn't really strike you.

Companions in TOR are BORING. I HATE every single one of them, except my own Padawan maybe. But even she is dull. In KotOR Canderous would tell you for hours about the wars he had faced, here you're left with 1 minute conversations that are usually about nothing at all. You just reply all the time with "okay..." "sure...", end of conversation.

In TOR are three different kind of soundtracks: Ripped from KotOR, Ripped from the movies and some custom made for TOR. The sad part is that the best music are the ones that got ripped from KotOR, even if you've already heard them a billion times. There are some nice custom made ones for TOR but it doesn't come close to the amount of good soundtracks that they produced for KotOR.

TOR is TOR. It is not KotOR 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 just because all 8 classes have their own storyline. If you would level up to 50, THEN do all your storyline quests, you will find out that it's only good for a few hours whereas KotOR always took 20 or 30+ hours even if you already knew exactly where to go.

Edited by dnomz

That's an insult to KotOR you know.

In KotOR the story went deep, real deep and it struck you to find out you were actually Revan.

In KotOR the companions were cool, every single one of them.

In KotOR you had awesome music, also every single one of them. Think about the soundtracks when you create your character, when the Endar Spire gets attack, when you have the Malak moments, when you're on planets like Dantooine, Manaan, etc. etc. etc.

Now TOR:

Only played trough the Jedi Knight story, but I can tell you that:

Story wasn't all that thrilling. In Act 1 and Act 2 you meet some wannabe bad guys but everytime their names get mentioned you have trouble remembering who exactly they were again. I didn't have this problem with Calo Nord, Admiral Karath, Darth Bandon, Darth Malak, etc. in KotOR. Act 3 is when something major happens, but because everything is pretty rushed the build-up is too fast and thus the story doesn't really strike you.

Companions in TOR are BORING. I HATE every single one of them, except my own Padawan maybe. But even she is dull. In KotOR Canderous would tell you for hours about the wars he had faced, here you're left with 1 minute conversations that are usually about nothing at all. You just reply all the time with "okay..." "sure...", end of conversation.

In TOR are three different kind of soundtracks: Ripped from KotOR, Ripped from the movies and some custom made for TOR. The sad part is that the best music are the ones that got ripped from KotOR, even if you've already heard them a billion times. There are some nice custom made ones for TOR but it doesn't come close to the amount of good soundtracks that they produced for KotOR.

TOR is TOR. It is not KotOR 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 just because all 8 classes have their own storyline. If you would level up to 50, THEN do all your storyline quests, you will find out that it's only good for a few hours whereas KotOR always took 20 or 30+ hours even if you already knew exactly where to go.

I assure you in leading up to this game. I have reviewed almost every information and article and I clearly remember fans asking the same question. Will there ever be a KOTR3 they clearly said that Star Wars has enough content for KOTR 3-4-5-6-10. If you are upset then be mad at them. They clearly have invested most of their star wars time into this game for over 10 year's they had a team of 10 writer's working on this game.

You can hear voices in the original KOR in this game. (Jedi Knight Storyline) I don't know what to say. We are not bioware, that was their information. I highly doubt given they taken down star wars galaxy, that they are going to make a 3rd game just for solo RPG. I think they have their hands full with dragon age and other games like that.

I already know there won't be a KotOR III.

I'm just saying that it's an insult to KotOR to say that TOR is KotOR 3 - 10, because it's not. It doesn't come close to how epic KotOR was and it will never come as close. I don't care who says this is KotOR 3 - 10, whether it's Bioware, Lucasarts, EA or the players. It's not and will never be.

All fans of KOTOR will rejoice The game has been confirmed for a third chapter in the series. The game is being produced by Bioware and being published by EA and were kind enough to spread a little info to a select few of employees at the E3 event. No news on a console release but its sure to be a amazing RPG. Bioware is currently hiring people in certain fields to help in aid of the games production. John Riccitiello has stated Co-op is one of the games main focuses and this could mean a online feature. The game has no specific release date but its certain to be released sometime around next spring or summer.

"For a while we've heard both official and unofficial talk about two Bioware projects: a partnership with Lucasarts for a game, and an MMO for which the developer opened a satellite studio in Austn, Texas in 2006. Recently, Bioware parent company Electronic Arts revealed that they are the same same, a Knights of the Old Republic MMO.

EA CEO John Riccitiello revealed the game in speaking to CONDE Nast's Portfolio.com. Riccetiello said that EA has "two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development. The first titled, based on the Warhammer property, will launch soon. And the one people are dying for us to talk to them about in partnership with lucasARts coming out of bioware , which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipaited game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it." When asked if he was refferring to a KOTOR MMO. Riccitello replied, "Yes."

http://www.consolespot.net/forums/submit-gaming-news/15006-kotor-iii-confirmed-2009-a.html

This post was made in 2009.

I know all the villains in KOTOR were really well established especially Darth Brandon. I mean never in the game was I like wait who is this and why is he suddenly a threat? O he killed that guy at the start of the game when you see him for 3 seconds well he must be powerful if he can kill a grunts.

Same with companions I mean Zaalbar right? He had soo many dialouge options dialogue options it was crazy I spent hours talking to that guy.

I say BioWare should drop the entire dragon age franchise now while there is still a chance and go back to KOTOR! Though it would make some people mad I bet it would make tons way happier. It makes sence...SWTOR was supposed to be about 400 years after KOTOR 1 right? And KOTOR 2 was about 10(considering carth was still alive). So that leaves about 390 years in between that could be filled with KOTOR 3..and if BioWare wanted, they could add an expansion to SWTOR that included the events of KOTOR 3 somehow! Wouldn't that be awesome?

I know all the villains in KOTOR were really well established especially Darth Brandon. I mean never in the game was I like wait who is this and why is he suddenly a threat? O he killed that guy at the start of the game when you see him for 3 seconds well he must be powerful if he can kill a grunts.

Same with companions I mean Zaalbar right? He had soo many dialouge options dialogue options it was crazy I spent hours talking to that guy.

Are you trying to say that they weren't well worked out?

Cause if so you just fail terribly. Darth Bandon was seen at the start of the game as well as during a couple of cutscenes. And bringing up Zaalbar, a Wookiee, is just stupid. Maybe you wanna mention T3-M4 as well? :rolleyes:

Not to mention you could actually have big conversatiosn with Zaalbar, too. Eventually leading up to a reunion with his family at Kashyyyk. Nice try.

Edited by dnomz

I say BioWare should drop the entire dragon age franchise now while there is still a chance and go back to KOTOR! Though it would make some people mad I bet it would make tons way happier. It makes sence...SWTOR was supposed to be about 400 years after KOTOR 1 right? And KOTOR 2 was about 10(considering carth was still alive). So that leaves about 390 years in between that could be filled with KOTOR 3..and if BioWare wanted, they could add an expansion to SWTOR that included the events of KOTOR 3 somehow! Wouldn't that be awesome?

No.

KotOR should be left alone now. Bioware had to choose and they have chosen for TOR.

The whole thing that made KotOR great was the fact that Bioware had freedom. They hardly had to stick to lore cause there wasn't all that much written by canon 4000 years before the movies. KotOR II took place 5 years after the first, and TOR takes place 300 after them. Making KotOR III take inbetween them only destroys all the freedom and creativity Bioware had with this title, considering they already made up so much tales to inform us what happened in the 300 years between KotOR and TOR.