SWTOR in "Canon"

Lenlo

I think everything aside from the films, the CGI TV shows and maybe a select novel or two has been rendered non-canon, but don't quote me on that, I'm not 100 % sure. They call all those non-canon stories Legends now, or something - at least that's how they're divided on Wookiepedia.

KotOR and SWTOR are NOT canon, they are Legends. Only the films, animated tv shows and all novels released AFTER Aprill 2014 are canon. Everything from that point forward will be canon. Nothing related to SWTOR (none of the expansions) will be canon.

Hope that clarifies things for you. :)

Please people... There's no such thing as non canon in StarWars.

Everything became legends, meaning that everything can be pulled back in and made canon once more or adjusted to fit the curent canon.

Malachor from KOTOR1 & KOTOR2 was already brought back into canon. Did that make KOTORS as a whole canon again? No.

And it is also not canon, as otherwise Inquisitor's story would have no sense, as Sith ghosts do not exist anymore and are unable to appear.

Actually they do exist and can appear in canon. In Season 6 of the Clone Wars, which is canon , Yoda has a conversation with the ghost of Darth Bane in his tomb on Morriban. George Lucas had even wanted to include a ghost of Darth Revan but said he could not find a way to work him in that served the story.

Edited by Malambus
Fixed Typo.

That's just flat out disappointing that KOTOR isn't considered cannon. The whole Old Republic thing takes place so far long ago that it can't possibly interfere with the new "cannon". Quite frankly KOTOR, KOTOR 2, and SWTOR (from a narrative point of view) are some of the best stuff to have ever come out of the EU/Legends.

Actually they do exist and can appear in canon. In Season 6 of the Clone Wars, which is canon , Yoda has a conversation with the ghost of Darth Bane in his tomb on Morriban. George Lucas had even wanted to include a ghost of Darth Revan but said he could not find a way to work him in that served the story.

A strange thing, considering this. Though after bright ideas as Jango Fett not being a Mandalorian and Antilles' biographical changes I do not accept the majority of new introductions to canon.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it is really sad that SWTOR may not be considered canon while Rebels is. Rebels, where even after the sacking of the jedi there are jedi everywhere, woo over there, some more Jedi, look here, more Jedi! The Jedi are thriving according to that, and I'm not leaving the empire out either, inquisitors here and inquisitors there and, whats this? Darth Maul back from the dead, okay go for it, why not! Nothing else fits with the story in A new hope or even Revenge of the Sith, lets just c**p all over them and release this and call it Canon.

But the very real feeling stories brought up when there WERE wars between the Jedi and Sith, where we COULD have hundreds of both, that's not considered!

Apologies if your a fan of Rebels, I think its fun but it makes me nash my teeth with the amount of force users plonked into a galaxy they are supposed to be extinct in!

I think that it is really sad that SWTOR may not be considered canon while Rebels is. Rebels, where even after the sacking of the jedi there are jedi everywhere, woo over there, some more Jedi, look here, more Jedi! The Jedi are thriving according to that, and I'm not leaving the empire out either, inquisitors here and inquisitors there and, whats this? Darth Maul back from the dead, okay go for it, why not! Nothing else fits with the story in A new hope or even Revenge of the Sith, lets just c**p all over them and release this and call it Canon.

But the very real feeling stories brought up when there WERE wars between the Jedi and Sith, where we COULD have hundreds of both, that's not considered!

Apologies if your a fan of Rebels, I think its fun but it makes me nash my teeth with the amount of force users plonked into a galaxy they are supposed to be extinct in!

^This made my day good.

You do make a good point, however Rebels is aimed at kids, they don't really care about continuity, I enjoy Rebels for what it is, I don't take it too seriously. Canon is one of those things though, I don't care about it tbh, If stuff from our Era ends up in canon TV, then great it's always nice when it gets a nod but I'm not going to worry about it.

We all enjoy SWTOR and the KOTOR games, that's the main thing at the end of the day, It's entertainment. To most of us, It'll always be canon to us none of this legends stuff will change that.

Rebels has made a bunch of continuity errors. Like the Awings? Weren't a thing till AFTER the Battle of Yavin since General Dodana designed them.

See absolutely zero y-wings, z95s, not a peep about red squadron, Wedge, Jek, Biggs, and a few others.

I mean it's a fun cartoon and all, but really so far BAD at setting up the events of a new hope.

I mean good god, have two running around building the alliance!

Rebels has made a bunch of continuity errors. Like the Awings? Weren't a thing till AFTER the Battle of Yavin since General Dodana designed them.

See absolutely zero y-wings, z95s, not a peep about red squadron, Wedge, Jek, Biggs, and a few others.

I mean it's a fun cartoon and all, but really so far BAD at setting up the events of a new hope.

those aren't continuity errors. the A-wing being a super fighter designed after Yavin was simply the first bit olf the old EU over written. which is fair eneugh given how many times the A-wing was depicted in a pre-Yavin enviroment they needed some fancy BS excuse to explain it ("ohh thsoe aren't A-wings, they;re just a fighter that looks like they the rebels turned into the A-wing"))

Glad I could bring a smile to some faces, and give out about Rebels as I have in my head since first seeing it :p

I know its for kids but I cant swallow that they are saying this rubbish actually happened in the greater star wars Universe, The Idea that there were still tons of Jedi around to start the rebellion is awful in my opinion (and this is all my opinion and nothing more) I always thought of the rebellion as the common man standing up against the rule of the powerful sith, the ONLY 2 Jedi in the Galaxy (Ben and Yoda) are in hiding and ensuring a legacy maintains.

As for the A-wing, according to the game X-Wing (which I also love and consider a more appropriate source than Rebels) the A-wing was around a good while before the battle of Yavin but was more in an experimental role. It doesn't excuse why EVERYONE has them in Rebels, they should be flying c**pbox Z-95s and Y-wings should be the mainstay of their slight fighter wings.

Anyway, enough about that, lets get back to our OWN Canon and enjoy our adventures in SWTOR :)

Have fun dudes!

Glad I could bring a smile to some faces, and give out about Rebels as I have in my head since first seeing it :p

I know its for kids but I cant swallow that they are saying this rubbish actually happened in the greater star wars Universe, The Idea that there were still tons of Jedi around to start the rebellion is awful in my opinion (and this is all my opinion and nothing more) I always thought of the rebellion as the common man standing up against the rule of the powerful sith, the ONLY 2 Jedi in the Galaxy (Ben and Yoda) are in hiding and ensuring a legacy maintains.

As for the A-wing, according to the game X-Wing (which I also love and consider a more appropriate source than Rebels) the A-wing was around a good while before the battle of Yavin but was more in an experimental role. It doesn't excuse why EVERYONE has them in Rebels, they should be flying c**pbox Z-95s and Y-wings should be the mainstay of their slight fighter wings.

Anyway, enough about that, lets get back to our OWN Canon and enjoy our adventures in SWTOR :)

Have fun dudes!

Not talking about the fact the characters are Disney steryotipes and bad villains at minimum...

Can't make continuity errors with a continuity that doesn't exist any more.

First canon, chronological appearance of a y-wing in the Rebel Alliance is Ep 4

A-wings and B-wings is now Rebels (Dodanna and Ackbar were (likely) not even involved in those ships, sorry)

Z-95s don't even exist in canon (yet)

red squadron, Wedge and company are all probably still off doing whatever they were doing before becoming a rebel. Still got 4 years until Ep 4, the group of rebels we see isn't even the Rebel Alliance yet. Be patient.