My theories on The Force Awakens

TYBERzan

I just saw the movie (and regretted it) but couldn't help noticing the similarities between TFA and the old republic (specifically kotor).

1) The "Starkiller" super weapon was a Rakatan Rip-off.

-By draining the energies of a star it blasted planets (which were conveniently all in the same solar system).

2) "Kylo Ren" was a force hound. Or at least a dark jedi.

-He appeared to have very little weapons training (dark jedi-ish) but quite a bit of force training.

3) Rakata Prime was made Canon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rakata_Prime

-in case you didn't know.

Oh and this quote from Andy Serkis with regards to his character-

Q: If Snoke is a “damaged” character, that raises the question: Did his wounds come from the clash between the Rebellion and the Empire, seen in the original Star Wars trilogy? Serkis hesitates here, but then says he believes Snoke was outside of that conflict.

A: “No, he’s a new character in this universe. It is very much a newly-introduced character,” Serkis says. “He’s aware of what’s gone on, in the respect that he has been around and is aware of prior events. I think it’d be fair to say that he is aware of the past to a great degree.”

My Theory then:

At first I suspected that "Snoke" was Darth Plagueis, especially after the lines about wisdom, but now I wonder if "Snoke" is really Soa from TOR? It would certainly explain why J.J. Abrams was given Carte Blanche to reject anything in upcoming SWTOR content that conflicted with his movies. Oh well, it's fun to speculate at least.

Edited by TYBERzan