Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining your little expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Premades are ruining your little expansion

Svarthrafn
01.02.2014 , 02:32 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Lymain View Post
I've never even noticed a premade without good players...not sure how you do. Saberwing talks about running premades constantly on TEH, but the only one I ever even recognize are the ones with Hanak and Nailin...and even that group only really blows us out (like keeps us under 100) when we have a bad team /shrug
I've flown with you on Ebon Hawk several times, but to take from your example, Nailin and Hanek aren't even particularly good pilots, pretty much just relying on the burst power of flashfires to get some kills, and yes, we do manage to beat them a lot.

I see a couple four-man premades, and a couple duos on TEH fairly consistently, and they aren't really good pilots either, but watching from a distance (proton-using strike pilot here!), I am able to watch the entire groups focus fire one poor guy, then switch to focus fire the next at a moment's notice and so on. You just can't do that nearly as well without voice.

Lymain
01.02.2014 , 04:41 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Svarthrafn View Post
I've flown with you on Ebon Hawk several times, but to take from your example, Nailin and Hanek aren't even particularly good pilots, pretty much just relying on the burst power of flashfires to get some kills, and yes, we do manage to beat them a lot.

I see a couple four-man premades, and a couple duos on TEH fairly consistently, and they aren't really good pilots either, but watching from a distance (proton-using strike pilot here!), I am able to watch the entire groups focus fire one poor guy, then switch to focus fire the next at a moment's notice and so on. You just can't do that nearly as well without voice.
Whether or not we label them as 'good pilots', they could pretty much do what they do without being in a premade or using voice chat (not talking about the focus fire but just the kills they get in general, ect). As far as the focus fire goes, I haven't noticed it, but what difference does it really make? A skilled pilot in an upgraded ship can take out a target pretty much instantly on their own anyway. If you're saying that a group of four average pilots using focus fire can have about the same effect as a single skilled pilot operating solo, then I would tend to agree with you, but I don't see that as a huge, insurmountable challenge for the opposing team to overcome.

After almost exclusively solo queuing for the past month, I joined a premade using voice chat a few times over the last couple days. We have yet to really be challenged at all in those matches. However, we get minimal, if any, use out of voice chat. Most of the chatter is about how we're shooting them down so fast or whatever...about the only tactical thing that I've heard said was "take out that gunship." We really don't dominate because of any tactical/communication advantage - it's just that we have 3-4 competent pilots on the same team, which is usually more than the other team has.
Xeric - Juggernaut - The Ebon Hawk

Sharee
01.02.2014 , 04:50 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Svarthrafn View Post
I am able to watch the entire groups focus fire one poor guy, then switch to focus fire the next at a moment's notice and so on. You just can't do that nearly as well without voice.
I sincerely doubt they are focus firing targets down in the manner described.

There is no way to mark targets. There is no way to use assist to acquire the target your buddy is targeting. The only way to 'focus fire' is every pilot of the group doing a "tab tab tab tab" until he gets the called name in his target window, and by the time all 4 get the same target, it will likely be A) dead or B) out of range.

No, they just all attack the same target if it happens to be the only target nearby, and that would happen with a random group of 4 soloers just as well.

DanNV
01.02.2014 , 06:23 PM | #74
You may doubt it happens, but I've sat back and watched it, too. Can't say they're on voice or not, but definitely a premade since it's the same 4 guys always in the same squad on team. They focus fire on one target at a time, burn them down fast and then go on to the next. It gets pretty ugly for the defender.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

arkanone
01.02.2014 , 06:52 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
Come to Shadowlands and queue solo as Imp weekends or holidays.

Last 2 matches I was in, the Rep premades won 1000 to 15 and 1000 to 5. They move in 4's or 8's in seconds to any satellite even threatened, never mind taken. My side had a total of 8 kills in the 2 matches, and I had 6 of those myself. If you're the best GSF player on the world the final score would likely have been 1000 to 50.

This just illustrates why the majority of MMO players despise PvP, and try to avoid it in EVERY game.
This.

I dare anybody to play in the imp side on Shadowlands and have anything resembling fun. Winning with bonus reqs nets you an extra 1,000 ship reqs...vs about 650 when you lose. That's HUGE. Trying to grind your way up to 5th tier upgrades on the imp side is enough to make you pull your hair out.

Lymain
01.02.2014 , 07:44 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
You may doubt it happens, but I've sat back and watched it, too. Can't say they're on voice or not, but definitely a premade since it's the same 4 guys always in the same squad on team. They focus fire on one target at a time, burn them down fast and then go on to the next. It gets pretty ugly for the defender.
Out of curiosity, who is it?
Xeric - Juggernaut - The Ebon Hawk