Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining your little expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Premades are ruining your little expansion

Zohkar
12.30.2013 , 08:34 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MCaliban View Post
It depends on what time you play. Some hours, I get a pop every two or three minutes, and sometimes it takes fifteen or so minutes.
I remember when GSF first started you would get pops every few minutes after a match would start. Now no matter what time of day on my server it can be 20 minutes or more between the matchs. Probally one contributing factor is the holidays and another people got tired of seeing the same groups on the other side. I know myself have cut down the amount of matchs that I play significantly. I still carry about a 62% win rate even tho a few of my losses came from the match ending the second it should of started because not enough players qued in.
60 Zohkar (Guardian) 60 Sa'brina (Immortal)
60 Zankar (Shadow) 60 Selura (Corruption)
60 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 60 Sil'mara (Operative)
60 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 60 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

arkanone
12.30.2013 , 12:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
Unfortunately, long term I think that means a lot of the players will "go home". This is not a good thing.
When you're up against a premade, you really can't do anything. You're burning everything on engines/shields and wind up being an easy target.

I usually look for other teammates before I go into an engagement but when gunships are one-shotting everybody on your team, there's nothing you can do but die. When you try to engage the gunships they make a bee-line back to their capital ship and you wind up either being turret fodder or getting sniped when you back off.

What a mess.

Sangrar
12.30.2013 , 12:16 PM | #13
OP, what server are you on!?! I am on Bastion, I que at different points during the day, and the que times are not getting longer at all.
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

Sharee
12.30.2013 , 12:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tolarr View Post
Came back to TOR after bout 6 months, played for about 4 h last evening = Unbalanced teams, about 20 games only 2 wins. How it is not a beta if MM is not working at all ?
When you have the same pool of 10 good players queueing on one side, and the same pool of 10 bad players queueing on the other, there isn't much a matchmaking can do to stop unbalanced matches save not start any matches at all...

Eldrenath
12.30.2013 , 12:53 PM | #15
I certainly understand the frustration, but I don't think the problem is solely premades. Part of the problem is lack of team work. On my server the imps simply do not work as a team, and as a result lose 4 out of 5 matches. The problem is that they're always chasing kill count an damage. So they take a node, and within 1 minute fly off looking for enemies. Then a republic toon swoops in and caps the satellite. Once the republic gets 2 or 3 satellites, they stop pushing and just let the imps come to them. They are at a satellite with 2 or 3 other defenders plus multiple turrets. They shoot down an imperial player, who respawns and flies right back into the battle. So they're flying in 1 or 2 at a time into a satellite where the republic has 2-3 turrets and 2-4 defenders.

I can't speak for other servers, but on Shadowlands this happens very, very often. What players need to understand is that if you hold two nodes there's no need to go flying off--sit at the satellite and defend. The enemy WILL come to you, and they will be at a disadvantage. But I see it all the time when I fly on imp side: 3 or 4 of us cap a node, a republic scout skims by and everyone but me goes chasing all the way across the map. So I'm alone at the node and 20 seconds later 3 or 4 enemies come in. Node goes red, they stay withing 5-10k of it, turrets come up, and now the farming session has begun.

Danylia
12.30.2013 , 01:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldrenath View Post
I can't speak for other servers, but on Shadowlands this happens very, very often. What players need to understand is that if you hold two nodes there's no need to go flying off--sit at the satellite and defend. The enemy WILL come to you, and they will be at a disadvantage.
Completely agree ... with one exception.

Republic pilots on my server love Gunships (I could go into debate why, but it would be very subjective and likely end with forum infractions for me). Matches with 4+ Pub Gunships aren't exception, they are the norm. So there you have to fly off after them - and since the Republic "heroes" (sorry, I couldn't hold myself) play nothing but Gunships and probably even queue as group (since it's always the same names) one or two scouts for the task isn't enough.

Which raises another point, although more relevant for the Gunship threads - in my opinion the no.1 problem with Gunships isn't Bypass or Ion Railgun, but the amount of them in the match.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

renegadeimp
12.30.2013 , 02:15 PM | #17
It isnt ruining it at all. Remember, early access is basically a test phase and a huge FFA. Just go with it, then when the floodgates open in just over 2 weeks, the premades will be in their own skill level Battle. Especially when matchmaking finally kicks in.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Lymain
12.30.2013 , 02:17 PM | #18
I don't even think 'premades' are the primary, root cause of blowouts. Put a couple really good players on one team, a couple really bad players on the other, and the match isn't going to be remotely competitive regardless of whether one team has a premade or is in voicechat or whatever.
Xeric - Juggernaut - The Ebon Hawk

Cashal
12.30.2013 , 02:34 PM | #19
So The "Premade" thread, was already posted earlier, I don't see how another one will do anything.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=703975&page=4

I'll repeat what I said on Page 4:

Quote:
Yea? And I've had nights like then in every PVP MMO game I've played. . . They are all premades. When you throw in the fact that you might have a abundance of new players (And maybe Afkers) I'm sure it highlights the defeat

I did a quick search on the forums for "Premade" . . . This issue has come up over and over again. I am not saying your point is valid/invalid . . . I just don't see how this specifically relates to GSF only.

http://www.swtor.com/community/searc...archid=4601482
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=%22Premade%22
(The list goes on and on)
Knickers - Ebon Hawk

ptwonline
12.30.2013 , 02:50 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldrenath View Post
I certainly understand the frustration, but I don't think the problem is solely premades. Part of the problem is lack of team work. On my server the imps simply do not work as a team, and as a result lose 4 out of 5 matches. The problem is that they're always chasing kill count an damage. So they take a node, and within 1 minute fly off looking for enemies. Then a republic toon swoops in and caps the satellite. Once the republic gets 2 or 3 satellites, they stop pushing and just let the imps come to them. They are at a satellite with 2 or 3 other defenders plus multiple turrets. They shoot down an imperial player, who respawns and flies right back into the battle. So they're flying in 1 or 2 at a time into a satellite where the republic has 2-3 turrets and 2-4 defenders.

I can't speak for other servers, but on Shadowlands this happens very, very often. What players need to understand is that if you hold two nodes there's no need to go flying off--sit at the satellite and defend. The enemy WILL come to you, and they will be at a disadvantage. But I see it all the time when I fly on imp side: 3 or 4 of us cap a node, a republic scout skims by and everyone but me goes chasing all the way across the map. So I'm alone at the node and 20 seconds later 3 or 4 enemies come in. Node goes red, they stay withing 5-10k of it, turrets come up, and now the farming session has begun.
The advantage premades have is not just because they are in premades, but because they use voice communication and know how they are expected to act in a group (their particular role). Solo-queuers can't be expected to type out a complex (or even simple) series of commands and expect anyone else to obey them. Or even see them. Who has the time to type that out? Who has the time to read that as they are dogfighting? How do we know the person giving the commands isn't an idiot? You might not even be able to tell at a glance who is flying what, and so you'd have to give generic "someone needs to take out that gunship at B" and then 4 guys go chasing that gunship back to his capital ship while everyone else at the satellites are now outnumbered.

Really, the premades have such a big advantage that the queues really need to be different, or else matched up differently through some kind of rating system. It's going to get even worse as a new crop of rookie pilots arrive who are not only outmatched by premades, but hopelessly out-equipped as well. The bloodbath will be ugly, and I daresay a lot of people will be turned off for good.