Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Serious Imbalance

ellahrairah
12.31.2013 , 09:29 AM | #41
I am on Shadowland servers and there are definite ebbs and flows according to time. Usually its a Republic game though, and from the times I am on, it is more of an imbalance in the quality of the ships. I am not saying the pilots arent good.... They are very good. And the ships are pimped out. I play both republic and Imperial, but when I play imperial, there arent many matches that pop up. In the same time frame on the Republic side, I would venture to say that double the matches are occurring... Albeit Republic on Republic. More matches played, more experience,more upgrades. When its time for an Imperial vs Republic match, a huge handicap already exists.
What I dont do is jump from Imperial to Republic without at least an hour wait in between. I think its pretty douche-ish to jump teams. I have been playing pretty heavily, and investing the same amount of time in each side, and my Republic ships are way beyond my imperial ships. When I am playing Imps, I really need to use my best ships... and that nice Gladiator I bought with CCs (looks fun and plays fun) is mostly in mothballs.

Republic pilot: Giovennii
Imperial pilot: Ikumii

bjensen
12.31.2013 , 03:50 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by remystone View Post
I play on Bergeron Colony, and almost all the time it's a Republic vs Republic game. I've switched to my Imp alts and sat in que forever. I hope the game gets better when all the other people start playing, cause right now I play the same 7 or 8 people every day, every game.
I play on Begeren Colony as well, 100% imperial, and can at least anecdotally back up this comment. Imperial GSF losses are typically 9 out of 10 matches, and crushing ones too... 151:1000, 1:1000, 243:1000. And yes, team work was the reason. Not sure if they were premades or just really good, but Republic reaction time to an attacked turret was less than 30 seconds, where as my team always seemed to be respawning. As much as I love GSF, I quit playing it and moved to Bastion. By all the Bastion folks claiming there's no imbalance, I think I made the right choice. Seems more Imps from BC made the same decision as I did. Condolences to the Republic of Begeren, have fun playing each other at least.

BoneEater
01.01.2014 , 12:56 PM | #43
The solution is simple. Premades have to run against premades and are not allowed against pugs.

Or add an exclusive game mode for pugs only. Problem solved.
. Never forget

"Use the force Harry." -Gandalf

reclipsed
01.01.2014 , 01:35 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by BoneEater View Post
The solution is simple. Premades have to run against premades and are not allowed against pugs.

Or add an exclusive game mode for pugs only. Problem solved.

There are not enough players in the pool for this atm. Do you wanna wait 2 hours a game?
I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
― Friedrich Nietzsche

renegadeimp
01.01.2014 , 01:42 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by reclipsed View Post
There are not enough players in the pool for this atm. Do you wanna wait 2 hours a game?
Sadly people seem to forget only a very very tiny part of the playerbase has access to GSF right now. They even want the devs to make major changes to it, despite GSF not even being implemented fully yet.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

DanNV
01.01.2014 , 02:07 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Sadly people seem to forget only a very very tiny part of the playerbase has access to GSF right now. They even want the devs to make major changes to it, despite GSF not even being implemented fully yet.
There need to be some major changes to how things stack together and to things like bypass or the player base will never expand. As it is now, some combinations are WAY OP. Anyone who denies it is either blind or using the OP combinations. If you don't believe me, start looking at the upper end (or in the case of rail guns, mid level) upgrades combined with some crew skills and do the math. A railgun with a mid level mod ignores 100% of the targets armor. Burst lasers with the upper mid level mod ignore 100% of armor and add in Bypass, they also ignore 35% of shields. Does this really make sense? There is no way this doesn't add up to OP combinations in a hurry. That has to change or new players will try it, die in half a second over and over and then go do something else.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

renegadeimp
01.01.2014 , 02:10 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
There need to be some major changes to how things stack together and to things like bypass or the player base will never expand. As it is now, some combinations are WAY OP. Anyone who denies it is either blind or using the OP combinations. If you don't believe me, start looking at the upper end (or in the case of rail guns, mid level) upgrades combined with some crew skills and do the math. A railgun with a mid level mod ignores 100% of the targets armor. Burst lasers with the upper mid level mod ignore 100% of armor and add in Bypass, they also ignore 35% of shields. Does this really make sense? There is no way this doesn't add up to OP combinations in a hurry. That has to change or new players will try it, die in half a second over and over and then go do something else.
Combinations are OP now because the full range of fighters, skills and warzones havent been implemented yet. base the skills and balance around the entire game, not a small very condensed area.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

DanNV
01.01.2014 , 02:16 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Combinations are OP now because the full range of fighters, skills and warzones havent been implemented yet. base the skills and balance around the entire game, not a small very condensed area.
Sorry, but those combinations remain OP no matter what else you add. It's simple math and doesn't require that it be equipped on any specific platform to be OP. They could offer the same combinations on a row boat and the combination is still OP.

Nothing should ignore more than 50%, and I'd go so far as to say 50% total between shields and armor. So, if something ignored 50% of shields it can't ignore any armor, or if it ignored 25% of armor, then it can only ignore 25% of shields. Not complicated to code and would go a long way to eliminating oneshot kills and putting the OP combinations more into balance.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS