You hav eruined SWTOR

Drachehexe

So, the new Galactic Starfighter is miles above the crappy space mission in stock SWTOR except for one thing: it's PVP. Even worse it's PvP designed to be dominated by players who constantly do nothing but play PvP earning points maxing out ship in a day that itwould take casual players like myself months to do.

The fact that the devs have forsaken the caual gamer and solely catered to the PvP is an unexcusable insult. It might be different is all things were equal in the battles but they aren't. I don't PvP...ever, well, except to get that stupid Intro to Warzone missions off the damn mission terminal, that's it. To force me to have to group against dedicated PvPers who do nothing but spend all day playing PvP just to play a space mission with flight controls the way it should have been done in the first place is just a serious oversight. You spit in the face of your casual gamers.

I regret keeping my subscription active just for this load of unfun ********.

Except there is a cap on the ships, and none are very much better than the others so far as I can tell, its up to preference. Myself, I plan to save my 2500 bonus to every ship weeklies until I have unlocked every ship I don't have to buy with CC (yes, including the bombers in February), so just stick around, do your dailies and weeklies and you will be fine.

It's most definitely a slap in the face. They should at least have match-making that pits you against people with roughly the same level of ship you have.

Oh wait, they do have that.

In that case they should make playing it entirely optional. No way should I be forced to PvP in space if I don't want to.

Oh wait, it is optional.

Well then, there should at least be a roof to how good you can make your ship so a casual gamer can get to the same level eventually.

Oh wait...

Then don't!

It's been known for weeks it was PvP

There was the PTS to check it out for 2 whole weekends.

There were TONS & TONS of videos on YouTube and fan sites where you could have seen how it was like

You only have yourself to eblame

There is already PvE space. They added space warzones because they had no Space PvP

What is the problem?

Seriously? PvE space? You mean that weak *** poor excuse for space combat in SWTOR? The most hated game mechanic in the history of MMOs? You'r ekidding right? Just becaus you PvP people love and are now satisfied means you just say **** you to the rest of us who don't like PvP? Yeah, tat makes total sense.

If it weren't a turn-shoot slug fest, I would have no problems with it.

But as it is and the balance is funky right now, I'll give it some time.

It is in early release. That doesn't mean it's finished. Getting grumpy about it is ridiculous. I admit, I was really annoyed last night but meh. They'll change it a lot in the next couple weeks and either people will love it, hate it or just ignore it.

Then don't!e

I didn't.

Oddly enough if you all like it so much why are't you playing it instead of trying to make yourselves feel superior by thinking your comment about my comment has any value? You should get counseling for your self esteem issues.

So, the new Galactic Starfighter is miles above the crappy space mission in stock SWTOR except for one thing: it's PVP. Even worse it's PvP designed to be dominated by players who constantly do nothing but play PvP earning points maxing out ship in a day that itwould take casual players like myself months to do.

The fact that the devs have forsaken the caual gamer and solely catered to the PvP is an unexcusable insult. It might be different is all things were equal in the battles but they aren't. I don't PvP...ever, well, except to get that stupid Intro to Warzone missions off the damn mission terminal, that's it. To force me to have to group against dedicated PvPers who do nothing but spend all day playing PvP just to play a space mission with flight controls the way it should have been done in the first place is just a serious oversight. You spit in the face of your casual gamers.

Please...explain me how adding Space Battles on a Star Wars game can ruin a Star Wars game. Please.

Google "mace stun."

Ah, those were the days. :cool:

You know, I'm a pretty casual player myself, especially when it comes to pvp in this game, which I never really got into. Give GS a good try, it's honestly pretty good casual fun once you know what you're doing. As long as they do good on matchmaking with upgrades I don't foresee it becoming a problem.

Edited by chuixupu

I didn't.

Oddly enough if you all like it so much why are't you playing it instead of trying to make yourselves feel superior by thinking your comment about my comment has any value? You should get counseling for your self esteem issues.

Because I'm at work waiting for my code to compile, and although I have access to the forums (and plastic swords), my boss would frown if I were to fire up TOR. (More's the pity...)

Seriously? PvE space? You mean that weak *** poor excuse for space combat in SWTOR? The most hated game mechanic in the history of MMOs? You'r ekidding right? Just becaus you PvP people love and are now satisfied means you just say **** you to the rest of us who don't like PvP? Yeah, tat makes total sense.

e-ruined? Like...virtually ruined?!

Calm down...geezus dude, just because ONE update didn't cater to you PvE only fanatics doesn't mean the sky is falling. I'm sure there's a new FP or Ops coming out to quell your e-tears over the e-ruined game. e-relax, you'll be e-alright.

e-ruined? Like...virtually ruined?!

Calm down...geezus dude, just because ONE update didn't cater to you PvE only fanatics doesn't mean the sky is falling. I'm sure there's a new FP or Ops coming out to quell your e-tears over the e-ruined game. e-relax, you'll be e-alright.

I'm sure he's ekidding.

Yeah man... in no way does adding a brand new, isolated mechanic ruin a game. Either you weren't playing SWTOR anymore because you already thought it had been ruined by something else, or you were still playing because you were still enjoying the available content and won't be affected by the new game mode. GSF was slated to be PvP in space since the beginning, as far as I know, and prior to this there was absolutely no PvP in space. In a Star Wars MMO. That's something people have loathed since day one. Seriously, the first thing I read in Ord Mantell General when I logged in for the first time on launch day was a conversation about how much it sucked that there wasn't Space PvP.

I'm loving it and I think it'll only continue to get better. It's unfortunate that it wasn't the expansion you wanted but I think it was the expansion most people wanted.

Yeah man... in no way does adding a brand new, isolated mechanic ruin a game. Either you weren't playing SWTOR anymore because you already thought it had been ruined by something else, or you were still playing because you were still enjoying the available content and won't be affected by the new game mode. GSF was slated to be PvP in space since the beginning, as far as I know, and prior to this there was absolutely no PvP in space. In a Star Wars MMO. That's something people have loathed since day one. Seriously, the first thing I read in Ord Mantell General when I logged in for the first time on launch day was a conversation about how much it sucked that there wasn't Space PvP.

I'm loving it and I think it'll only continue to get better. It's unfortunate that it wasn't the expansion you wanted but I think it was the expansion most people wanted.

Well said.

GS is a brand new gameplay system added to TOR, something which very well has the potential to develop into a game in its own right, only tied to our current game already... and we don't even need to pay anything for it. Our subscription dollars are now worth MORE than ever (granting new benefits for the same price), and TOR has gained yet another layer of depth.

I love it. :)