Questions that need answers BioWare

mArchangel

Why BW do you make the same mistake Blizzard made and create a PvP only stat called Expertise?

Why do you want to make sure the player base gets split?

Why do you attach gear to lightside/darkside when in reality this is a RPG and as such I want to make choices based on my ethics not on what gear I need?

Why is there PvP gear? Period. Fluff and titles ftw only! Anything else is rubbish.

Why are Imp character classes CLEARLY the devs favorites?

Why do you imbalance this so bad? Oh yes some of you play Inquisitors.....say NO MORE!

Why do you think it is ok to charge 30k for repairs after 3 deaths in an instance on level 50 or thereabouts?

Why are there speeder in a STATION???? Immersion? Where?

Why is there absolutely no useful ITEMS to be craftable by level 50?

Why is it that you implement stealth fixes like the neutral gun position in the Alderaan warzone? Thought you could get away with making it a little easier for your beloved imps and thought we Reps would not notice?

Why is it that animations and damage application are in favour of Imps? Examples: Sage vs Sorcerer (Telekinetic throw applies damage after the animation finishes-Sorc. Lightning instant), Guardian vs. Juggernaut (MasterStrike takes 3 seconds and applies damage in 2 halves, Juggernaut equivalent takes 0.5 seconds all damage in one go) Sorry but THIS IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is next? Tell me!

Bye

Edited by mArchangel
more burning questions came to mind

I actually do not believe they favor the Imperials and I am a lvl 50 trooper I do not like pvp only stats but I will say this though income is 20x more important than favoring a specific faction some animations just happen to go off and in more cases in favor of the imperials but I am not bugged by the animations being faster I am bugged by the amount of people who play the inquis there are so many I wouldn't be able to take the fact I look just like 100 other people standing right next to me.

I actually do not believe they favor the Imperials

Sith Warrior Master Strike is better than Jedi Knight Master Strike, Sorcs deal more damage then Consulars. Troops motor fire takes 1 second to get starting while Bounty Hunter's Death from Above starts right away, oh the list goes on...

Why BW do you make the same mistake Blizzard made and create a PvP only stat called Expertise?

Why do you want to make sure the player base gets split?

Why do you attach gear to lightside/darkside when in reality this is a RPG and as such I want to make choices based on my ethics not on what gear I need?

Why is there PvP gear? Period. Fluff and titles ftw only! Anything else is rubbish.

Why are Imp character classes CLEARLY the devs favorites?

Why do you imbalance this so bad? Oh yes some of you play Inquisitors.....say NO MORE!

Why do you think it is ok to charge 30k for repairs after 3 deaths in an instance on level 50 or thereabouts?

Why are there speeder in a STATION???? Immersion? Where?

Why is there absolutely no useful ITEMS to be craftable by level 50?

Why is it that you implement stealth fixes like the neutral gun position in the Alderaan warzone? Thought you could get away with making it a little easier for your beloved imps and thought we Reps would not notice?

Why is it that animations and damage application are in favour of Imps? Examples: Sage vs Sorcerer (Telekinetic throw applies damage after the animation finishes-Sorc. Lightning instant), Guardian vs. Juggernaut (MasterStrike takes 3 seconds and applies damage in 2 halves, Juggernaut equivalent takes 0.5 seconds all damage in one go) Sorry but THIS IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is next? Tell me!

Bye

Do some people honestly have shares in Tinfoil companies..seriously?

Sith Warrior Master Strike is better than Jedi Knight Master Strike, Sorcs deal more damage then Consulars. Troops motor fire takes 1 second to get starting while Bounty Hunter's Death from Above starts right away, oh the list goes on...

Amen to that!

And to respond to the non-believing level 50 trooper: Did you know ALL devs play Imp live?

There is your answer dude. Of course they do anything else I won't accept. This needs to be fixed ASAP! ALL of it!

Do you think the faction imbalance was on purpose?

The differences with the abilities are because they are true to the animations, not because the devs favor on side.

Furthermore, favoring one side is NOT profitable, if one Developer is caught favoring one side, he would be fired immediately

Amen to that!

And to respond to the non-believing level 50 trooper: Did you know ALL devs play Imp live?

There is your answer dude. Of course they do anything else I won't accept. This needs to be fixed ASAP! ALL of it!

Like Ghost Crawler from WoW playing a frost mage....

The differences with the abilities are because they are true to the animations, not because the devs favor on side.

Furthermore, favoring one side is NOT profitable, if one Developer is caught favoring one side, he would be fired immediately

I think you don't get the point that I firmly believe this is a general consensus amongst the entire team LOL but this more meant to be taken with a grain of salt.

Nevertheless why do you think there is such an imbalance with faction population? Because there are onl;y kids playing imp side because they feel attracted by the power of a Sith since they themselves feel powerless? (Goerge Lucas recite freely used)

No. It's because Imp side is much stronger, has it a lot easier and what not. It's not right.

As for not profitable: Indeed you are right. If they don't fix this soon I myself may be looking for a different way to spend my money too. LOL Not that it matters, but I had to say it to make my point clear.

Oh and if it is not purpose what is it then? Incompetence? Doubtful given BioWare's outstanding line of products.

Meh......

Edited by mArchangel

If one Developer is caught favoring one side, he would be fired immediately

Really? So you know the statement about all the devs playing the game, what if their main is an Imperial? That could be translated as favouring the Imperial side. Would that then lead to firing?

That's an absurd thing to say.

Really? So you know the statement about all the devs playing the game, what if their main is an Imperial? That could be translated as favouring the Imperial side. Would that then lead to firing?

That's an absurd thing to say.

What?

That's not what I said,

I said if a developer is caught MODIFYING the game to favor his favorite class

What?

That's not what I said,

I said if a developer is caught MODIFYING the game to favor his favorite class

No you didn't, silly:

Anyway, what's this game you worked on? Sounds mighty interesting.

What I believe mArchangel, is that they didn't think the difference on the abilities' animations would have such great impact on the game "playability"

think with me

You have Shock (Inquisitor)

and Project (Consular)

Shock is instant and Project has a travel time, how would you fix that without compromising the animation?

Giving Shock a travel time? It would fix, but would'nt make sense

No you didn't, silly:

Anyway, what's this game you worked on? Sounds mighty interesting.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear, I'm not native english and that sentence I wrote makes perfect sense on my language

About that, can't really say here because of piracy issues, it was not a "game", I think you'll understand.

If you want to know any further send me a PM.

Shock is instant and Project has a travel time, how would you fix that without compromising the animation? Giving Shock a travel time? It would fix, but would'nt make sense

Give both of them the same cast time, start the animation during cast time. Pretty simple.

Give both of them the same cast time, start the animation during cast time. Pretty simple.

None has a cast time, they are both instant

About Mortar Volley and Death From Above, that just plain stupidity. Mortar Volley had the correct animation on the beta

Edited by pudim

Project shouldn't have a length animation then. Or inflict the damage instantly and let the animation come after, who cares.

I know, I agree with you, but Bioware cares, that's all about what SWTOR is

They made the game to be visually faithful

Conclusion: they don't want to give up on the animations to fix the responsiveness, that's the problem, not faction favoristim

Edited by pudim

What I believe mArchangel, is that they didn't think the difference on the abilities' animations would have such great impact on the game "playability"

think with me

You have Shock (Inquisitor)

and Project (Consular)

Shock is instant and Project has a travel time, how would you fix that without compromising the animation?

Giving Shock a travel time? It would fix, but would'nt make sense

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear, I'm not native english and that sentence I wrote makes perfect sense on my language

About that, can't really say here because of piracy issues, it was not a "game", I think you'll understand.

If you want to know any further send me a PM.

Simple give the Sorc. a sort of charge up before the lightning goes off-sync it with the animation time of the Consular = fixed. Was that so hard to come up with?

Simple give the Sorc. a sort of charge up before the lightning goes off-sync it with the animation time of the Consular = fixed. Was that so hard to come up with?

as I said, I agree with your arguments, I was just saying that faction favoritism wasn't the case

I heard people saying things improved today, but I'm on the office right now and can't play

Most people enjoy the game and do not agree with you.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=259406

SWTOR User Rating

8.32 out of 10 based on 5196 user ratings

Not sure who you meant, but in case you replied to my original post let me say that I LOVE THE GAME! This is why I get passionate about some ill decisions that spoil the roast so to speak.

An MMO always evolves and it is our input be it constructively positive or annoyed negative needs to be equally considered to turn this into the greatest MMO of all time. That HAS TO be the goal for all involved, devs and players alike.

In its current state it has a long way to go.