1.2 Legacy Abilities Concern

--Alerion--

I was watching the new 1.2 Patch video and noticed during the Legacy introduction that classes will be able to share abilities with other character/classes in their Legacy tree. I saw a Sith Warrior( I believe ) using a flame thrower, looked cool enough, nothing too wrong there. However, seeing a smuggler using Force choke is pretty silly. Force users without a lightsaber seems overall out of place. Anyway, my main concern is class balancing, in PvP especially. It will be difficult to know how to approach, or be approached by a class and know what to expect, and how to fight, and handle the situation, if even possible. it's a cool concept to share abilities between your characters I agree, but if they're seriously going to implement rated PvP systems with that kind of randomness, not even being able to understand classes anymore, how to counter them etc. it's going to be a huge issue, a game play killer.

Apologies if this is terribly typed out.

I was watching the new 1.2 Patch video and noticed during the Legacy introduction that classes will be able to share abilities with other character/classes in their Legacy tree. I saw a Sith Warrior( I believe ) using a flame thrower, looked cool enough, nothing too wrong there. However, seeing a smuggler using Force choke is pretty silly. Force users without a lightsaber seems overall out of place. Anyway, my main concern is class balancing, in PvP especially. It will be difficult to know how to approach, or be approached by a class and know what to expect, and how to fight, and handle the situation, if even possible. it's a cool concept to share abilities between your characters I agree, but if they're seriously going to implement rated PvP systems with that kind of randomness, not even being able to understand classes anymore, how to counter them etc. it's going to be a huge issue, a game play killer.

Apologies if this is terribly typed out.

From what I understand theese are "Heroic Moment" abilities that are only usable with your companion enabled. So they are PvE only. So no need to worry. And I'm sure BW will do everything they can to balance them for PvE as well.

I agree, hopefully it wont be as over done as it seems; an ability or something to share with other characters I guess thats cool but It will severely screw up balancing in PvP situations especially and just puts classes out of place, both from a lore perspective and a practical perspective. Edited by ProphetKrieg

Also I bet there are not as powerful as the real class that uses them.

Im just hoping they allow cross force aligned skills: A jedi knight using force choke and lightning would be cool.

From what I understand theese are "Heroic Moment" abilities that are only usable with your companion enabled. So they are PvE only. So no need to worry. And I'm sure BW will do everything they can to balance them for PvE as well.

You have no idea how much stress you just took off my shoulders, thanks a lot. I really didn't want to see SW:TOR drown so early.

I really think this is kind of silly and I don't see the point in it at all. Why play different classes if they all end up with the same abilities? Seeing smugglers use force choke or warriors using flame thrower is really bizarre. All the other changes seem really awesome. Idk why, but the whole Legacy tree thing is pretty intriguing.

Why play different classes if they all end up with the same abilities?

You will be able to use one power from a different class, and only use it when you use your heroic moment power. You will only be able to select powers from a class you have taken to 50 already, and also only after you put that new character into a family tree of some sort.

You aren't going to be using a bunch of force powers on your Bounty Hunter every fight.

Edited by VanorDM