Worse Launch Ever

Zoltin

I have played many games over my years of Gaming (12 MMO's) and I have never seen a game where random wasnt a factor with its customers. yes it was a nice idea for first come first serve, but didnt take into acount of EB Games and others game retailers of sending emails late with codes and such.

As a whole, the customer base does run games and content and should have been voted on with its customer base in how to enter the game with waves in mind. We all paid for the game, with that mind, 1 game does equal basicly 1 vote (or 1 Opinion)

It was nice to see waves going in at certain times of the game to get players moved out of the way for others to come in, but lets face it here, its a 24/7 game. The Waves should keep going. NOT stop at 2 in the afternoon. What are you thinking!!!! To make 50% of its customer base mad cant be good for any Business owner when he/she unlocks it door for its first day of business.

Dont think it was handle well and to have no CSR's talking to its customers in the forums about the issues just makes things worse also. Dont do WHAT SONY did to Star Wars Galaxies!!!!! After they purchased the game.

Learn from what they did, customers pay for you to keep your job... Classic eco 101

All in all, randomizing should have been the way to go.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I promise you once you get your e-mail you'll change your tune. Also having waves is nice because once you are in the game, the players that got in before you will be in new areas and the noob areas won't be too over populated. I'm still waiting, but luckily for me I've learned something called patience and have other things I can do until I get in. Life will go on you will be okay I promise.

"Worst Launch Ever"? Because you didn't get invited to the first of seven days of early access... :( I'm having fun, sorry.

Im sorry, Im not 15 years old waiting on SWTOR website in mom's basement for an preorder date. I do work with a family and cant be online every min of every day. :D But I may be invited tomorrow which is all possible since Im a July buyer. All in all, It took EB games 3 days to send the stupid code for me to input it in LOL.

Every game once paying for the game should have had an equal chance of getting in. And that is all do in North America. Equality. Bioware just went the other way. This maybe way more are kinda upset with the idea they went

Edited by Zoltin

I was going to say that launch being poor because you didn't get in is poor judgment along with poor grammar. I think that it is very smooth so far aside from our server just going down. I think that you must not have seen very many launches or early starts because from what I can see. Not too shabby.

To the OP: For all your MMO experience, if this is the worst launch ever simply because of the rolling starts on early release, then you definitely never played some of the REAL worst launches ever, like Anarchy Online.

Anarchy Online LOL, big game :p

- Gets a day or two less early access, even though early access was expected to be on the 15th

- Worst launch ever

Are you serious buddy? For a guy who has played 12 MMOs, I don't know how many launches you have participated in, but this is probably the best launch for an MMO this popular. Usually you'll see endless queues, huge bugs, endless technical issues, launcher problems, and lag.

And you're complaining about getting early access later then a few others. I get the frustration, but relax, go watch a live stream, eat a cookie, and you'll have access soon!

How many of these threads are running now? Game does not launch till the 20th and people are all upset over every little detail like the universe revolves around them. ~eats popcorn and keeps watching the boards~

Few communities excel at combining irrational entitlement complexes with incoherent rants about how everything is doomed quite like gamers. At the risk of starting a political argument, we're like what Glenn Beck describes liberals as, only with more body odor.