Why is all the "Good Stuff" only attainable by spending real world Money?

RiVaN_

Looking through the list of decorations and I see that a large number of the desirable items come from Cartel Packs or from a direct purchase from the Cartel Market...

Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but seeing as how this is a game that tracks Achievements and Reputation couldn't there be A LOT MORE decorations that are tied to achievements and maxing out reputation? Not looking for a something spectacular, but more than a picture/trophy.

There are some achievements in this game that are very time consuming, like master craftsman: those could have some type of decoration item associated, like a crafting table that takes up a medium floor hook . Reaching 450 in a craft (Artifice, Biochem, Armstech, Armormech, Cybertech) could come with a small floor hook item that represents that craft.

Completing a planet (having 100% completion in your achievements for that planet) could net you a nice little Small floor hook holo projection of the planet and completing all the planets could be a medium floor hook holo image of the galaxy map.

Clearing all instances of an Op (Story, Hard and Nightmare modes) could get you a medium floor hook item that represents that particular Op.

The list goes on and on, but the theme is the same. Couldn't Bioware tie in decorations for us to show off our achievements?

Clearing all instances of an Op (Story, Hard and Nightmare modes) could get you a medium floor hook item that represents that particular Op.

You realize operations already drop particular decorations, such as the firebrand or stormcaller tanks from EC.

The biggest issue is, that a lot of "basic" stuff is locked behind the pay wall. Stuff like furniture, carpets, plants, etc. Stuff we need in masses and not only 1 or 2 pieces.

The cartel certificate vendor is especially annoying in this aspect. The best looking plants, red carpets (something almost every imperial wants) and all the NPCs are only available for certificates.

That's something that really pisses me off.

Edited by Sindariel

The biggest issue is, that a lot of "basic" stuff is locked behind the pay wall. Stuff like furniture, carpets, plants, etc. Stuff we need in masses and not only 1 or 2 pieces.

The cartel certificate vendor is especially annoying in this aspect. The best looking plants, red carpets (something almost every imperial wants) and all the NPCs are only available for certificates.

That's something that really pisses me off.

You do know those items are on the GTN as well if you have the credits for them.

The really awesome stuff are from Operations. Even Flashpoint stuff cannot compare. I'd like to craft those Op trophies but I can't.

You can buy these Op trophies from GTN but the price will start from at least 1 million!

http://tor-decorating.com/operations/

How?! MK-3 prefabs are used to get EVERY reputation decorations pretty much and craft prefabs to get stuff from the crafting vendors.
Edited by Surferket

How?! MK-3 prefabs are used to get EVERY reputation decorations pretty much and craft prefabs to get stuff from the crafting vendors.

What annoys me most is that there's a bunch of stuff that reallyshould have been on reputaiton vendors but instead found its way into cartel packs... It's like they're just getting started and they're already running out of ideas...

All of the starfighters belonged on the fleet comms vendor, but no.

Selkath stuff belonged on the manaan vendor / flashpoint drops but instead we get this and this and this and this. Meanwhile the vendor only gets one paltry overpriced shrub.

The Voss reputation vendors continues its tradition to offer only the crappiest stuff, with one mere sarcophagus, while other voss-related items are in cartel packs or, strangely, craftable without rep.

Oriconian stuff, that kind of belongs to Oricon, right ? Well, nope, cartel.

Czerka stuff on the cartel market ? But of course. It's not like we're hurting for a half-decent ceiling lamp or table. The cartel market already had plenty of those for direct purchase, so it gets even more into the gamble packs.

You do know those items are on the GTN as well if you have the credits for them.

Some, but I've looked for the topiary items for the past week and haven't found a single one for sale.

Same with the hutch / cabinet that looks like the storage closet from the jedi ships.

I did find one red carpet priced in the million plus range.

I've found most of the NPCs, including pages of the dancers selling for sub 200K, quite a few jawa, and plenty of the other NPCs.

Anyways, I have no problems with items being in the CM and like armor, some of them being tied to assets from the older games and some being recolors of existing stuff in game.

But I have to agree with the feeling we are getting shafted when a bunch of basic trees, plants and rugs all require a cartel market cert, an item which is by itself not able to be sold on the GTN, and thus we have to pray someone with extra certs goes to the vendor, picks up the items we might want, and places them on the GTN.

Yes I know there are some things that are rare/random drops from Flash points and Ops, I have won some Mind traps, some Purple crystal formations, Holocrons, Emperor statues etc, so on and so forth.

Yes I know anything won, bought or crafted can be obtained on the GTN.

I get it.

For the sake of simplicity and to quickly bring the thread to the point I ask the following questions:

Why aren't there more decorations that are EARNED through achievements?

Why aren't more decorations EARNED by maxing out rep with an organization?

Why are the only trophies pictures?

In Short why aren't there desirable decorations that are EARNED?

It's great that some things can be crafted, awesome and congrats to all the wealthy crafters who are going to expand their fortunes! I really want to earn some of these decorations and not just as a random, rare drop.

The game already tracks our accomplishments, it makes sense that some type of housing decoration would have been created to "show off." I'm sorry, but the Pictures/trophies are dumb.

I spent weeks progressing Nightmare Kephas and all I got was this lousy picture...

Edited by RiVaN_

As a crafter I know the best decorations comes from Ops and such. Crafters get the **** stick as usual.

There are plenty of items from crafting that are great, and there are also plenty of drops that are great, and plenty of CM stuff that's great.

I feel like this is a thread about "I can't easily get those couple of things I want by my preferred method, so the whole system is crap".

There are plenty of items from crafting that are great, and there are also plenty of drops that are great, and plenty of CM stuff that's great.

I feel like this is a thread about "I can't easily get those couple of things I want by my preferred method, so the whole system is crap".

No, this is a thread about there not being decor items tied in to achievements and BW using strongholds as yet another Cash Grab for the cartel market.

The whole system is not crap, the drops are cool, the crafted stuff is nice and we all expected there to be items on the cartel market.

The problem I have is that pictures are crap, there needs to be something of substance available through achievements.

Maybe my original statement is correct, perhaps I am the only SWTOR player who thinks that BW could have made more tie in between strongholds and achievements.

As a crafter I know the best decorations comes from Ops and such. Crafters get the **** stick as usual.

With most crafted items starting out around 100k to be purchased from the GTN I don't think that crafters are getting screwed. I think that Crafters have great potential to become very wealthy from stronghold decor.

Edited by RiVaN_

With most crafted items starting out around 100k to be purchased from the GTN I don't think that crafters are getting screwed. I think that Crafters have great potential to become very wealthy from stronghold decor.

So far, most of the decorations I see on GTN are either from packs, drops from flashpoints and the like and all of the basic things you can get from the individual vendors (which btw, also all can be gotten from CM in bundles/packs). Crafters can make no single decoration but only prefabs. And with those prefabs you can only buy basic decorations which are also already found in packs. So even though crafters did get a small boost in that prefabs can be made on a wide player-level range, the small part accessible through prefabs is also invaded by the CM

Edited by LeJarC

The only thing that still irks me are the basic items tied to CM Certificates, since certificates cannot be bought and sold on the GTN, so outside buying gamble packs and 'winning' a Certificate, one has to pray someone with a certificate will buy the item you want and put it up on the GTN for a reasonable price.

Interestingly enough, it seems nearly everyone with extra certificates went and bought NPCs, primarily the dancer, but also the jawas and other NPCs, as there are pages of them selling down sub 200K on my server.

Of course the items I want, such as the planters, haven't show up at all on the GTN, and a few I'd like to use multiples in decorating, such as the red basic rug, have only one posted and for more than a million credits.

They should either add another way to obtain these items, or remove the binding on the Certificates so they can be bought and sold on the GTN, with a happy medium going rate for a certificate established and an ability for people to obtain the items on the certificate vendor without buying packs.

Oh and I agree with the poster that the current 'trophies' for achievements are uninspiring. The pictures look bad to me, and not something I plan on using. I'd much prefer items that tied back to the boss or instance than the same square picture used over and over.

I also dislike the way HM FPs trophy decorations require killing all the bosses, including some of the bonus bosses (though not all), 25 times. Either you killed the boss or you didn't.

Trying the end boss 'trophy' to killing everything over and over just seems a bit silly and might be difficult for players that didn't run the HMs when they were current content as even with decorations, I still have groups in 55 HMs wanting to skip the bonus.

Edited by DawnAskham

So far, most of the decorations I see on GTN are either from packs, drops from flashpoints and the like and all of the basic things you can get from the individual vendors (which btw, also all can be gotten from CM in bundles/packs). Crafters can make no single decoration but only prefabs. And with those prefabs you can only buy basic decorations which are also already found in packs. So even though crafters did get a small boost in that prefabs can be made on a wide player-level range, the small part accessible through prefabs is also invaded by the CM

That's...not true at all. I don't know where you got that. Which decorations that can be bought with prefabs overlap with the CM stuff? They're all different.

It all is opinion really. My favorite items so far have been crafted...probably why I have blown through so many materials lol

All of my favorite decorations so far are also the ones bought with Prefabs as well. Except that Jedi Data Cube from the Forged Alliances Part 1 vendor. That thing is damn cool.

I'm not saying I don't like any of the ones out there, I like a lot of them, I just wish more were tied into Legacy, Achievements and accomplishments and fewer were cartel market only.

The only Big Cantina bar is a cartel market item and goes for 6 million on my server... Ain't no way I'm paying that much for a decoration.

The most desired decos right now are Ops & FPs drops, fleet comm decos, starships, reputation/event tokens decos (allows to bypass reputation/event tokens requirement). Prefabs and basic crafted decorations are also popular and have reached consistient prices, esp now that many players have drained their pre-stacked mats resources. Cartel is not really a big factor on the decorations market (yet). Jukebox and Underworld Bar are like the only super-hot Cartel items Edited by Pietrastor

You do realize that Strongholds is a MASSIVE free expansion and that decorations are cosmetic right? You don't really need them, you just want them for the looks, the perfect thing to sell so that bioware can make the money it needs to continue offering massive free expansions like strongholds with out have to charge use $20, $30. $40, or more for us to get it.

You do realize that Strongholds is a MASSIVE free expansion and that decorations are cosmetic right? You don't really need them, you just want them for the looks, the perfect thing to sell so that bioware can make the money it needs to continue offering massive free expansions like strongholds with out have to charge use $20, $30. $40, or more for us to get it.

Do you realize that your subscription is not free?) So if they adding stuff for FTP players which is compensated by moving all good stuff in cartel market then where is new content for subscribers? For what are subsribers pay then, FTP stuff? :rak_02: