What is with the slave outfit wearing companions.

internaty

I just had a vision of type 4 body leaping on someone in PVP in a thong.... :eek: That would be outstanding I would have to make a Jugg.

I just LOLd so hard I had to make up some lame excuse to tell my workmates...

Seriously though, if they bring out a slave boy outfit my guys will all be in it. Why? Because it would be nice for guys to feel uncomfortable seeing semi-naked men running around for a change so they get a bit of a feel for what it's like for us girls sometimes to always see semi-naked women running around.

And for a perve... :D

Edited by Ailie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it belongs here but:

Why do people equip there companions(or themself)

With the slave outfit.

And dont tell me because they want to look at a sexy charater.

There are plenty of ways to look at sexy people that doesnt even invole effort.

So i want to know the real reson why people dress up there charaters.

Oh and well yeah why not is a better things to ask :rak_03:.........

Community treatment. I've played several MMOs, and I learned a long time ago, my female characters are generally treated better than my male characters. People are more likely to pass on loot, stop and explain a fight I am unfamiliar with, run content they don't need just to be helpful.

I'll even go as far as saying that I don't believe it has to be sexual in nature. Even decent folk do it, real life women sticking up for their "fellow woman" and mature, well-behaved men that have just been brought up to be more of a gentleman and treat ladies with respect. Just noticeable advantages to playing as a female.

With SWTOR, I make a point that whatever characters are not female definately use a female companion. In either case, however, covering myself from head to toe in Clone Trooper armor really seems to create a generally Gender Neutral appearance. Needing an outfit that looks decidedly female, the loungewear and slave outfits are some of the easier to obtain Adaptables that do not cover the body head to toe.

That being said, I personally don't use the slave armor at this point. My Trooper is stuck wearing his set for the set bonus, and I've got Dorne using the Clandestine Officer suit from the Cartel Market. It's just way too tempting to have the Imperial Defector companion wearing the Imperial uniform.

Community treatment. I've played several MMOs, and I learned a long time ago, my female characters are generally treated better than my male characters. People are more likely to pass on loot, stop and explain a fight I am unfamiliar with, run content they don't need just to be helpful.

I'll even go as far as saying that I don't believe it has to be sexual in nature. Even decent folk do it, real life women sticking up for their "fellow woman" and mature, well-behaved men that have just been brought up to be more of a gentleman and treat ladies with respect. Just noticeable advantages to playing as a female.

With SWTOR, I make a point that whatever characters are not female definately use a female companion. In either case, however, covering myself from head to toe in Clone Trooper armor really seems to create a generally Gender Neutral appearance. Needing an outfit that looks decidedly female, the loungewear and slave outfits are some of the easier to obtain Adaptables that do not cover the body head to toe.

That being said, I personally don't use the slave armor at this point. My Trooper is stuck wearing his set for the set bonus, and I've got Dorne using the Clandestine Officer suit from the Cartel Market. It's just way too tempting to have the Imperial Defector companion wearing the Imperial uniform.

Which is odd, when you consider most forum posters in the MMO community assume every poster is a guy.

Which is odd, when you consider most forum posters in the MMO community assume every poster is a guy.

I think it's because you associate the character with the person. You see an attractive character, you think they're donning a relative likeness of themselves (especially if the character isn't an alien). Over the years (and MMOs) I've had people hit on my female characters. I was surprised to see someone call my SI attractive only because of the cookie-cutter templates this game gives you (if we had detailed sliders it would have been a different story).

men, strong ones or those who are still on the right level of testosterone treat weaker beings better unless they start to show signs of power hunger or simply want to be equal with them, human males hate this "=" sign.

and about this costume, well, I wouldnt ever put it on my companion simply because it reeks of promisculity and for that I have already Jaesa on my ship

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if it belongs here but:

Why do people equip there companions(or themself)

With the slave outfit.

And dont tell me because they want to look at a sexy charater.

There are plenty of ways to look at sexy people that doesnt even invole effort.

So i want to know the real reson why people dress up there charaters.

Actually that's exactly why I dress Kira is the outfit. I think she has a really nice rear end and I like looking at it. After playing for a while and looking at her I decide to go see what the wife is doing. :)

Its revealing and there are so few options

This game could use more armor that looks cool but still has some revealing aspects

Some of the hooded light armor is pretty cool bits there's very little options there the other stuff is the opposite making my companions more covered than a nun

Because there are a lot of men who play this game. Need I say more?

Personally, I'm still waiting for a slave boy outfit just to humiliate Quinn and because it would totally suit him (for the lulz). ;)

I already have him in the shirtless cartel chest piece and the slave collar from Belsavis. We just need more revealing leggings for male toons. Come on BioWare, give us the chance to objectify our male companions as many blatantly do so with the female companions already.

This game could use more armor that looks cool but still has some revealing aspects

I'd gladly trade fewer revealing robes for more revealing Smuggler/Agent jackets.

Or just some sort of toggle between full cover and revealing modes.

Edited by JediMB

To be honest I put my companions/ toons in the cheapest Oranges on the GTN until I get to 50. I save pieces I get while leveling that will look good after I put the campain armors in them/ or dread guard armors.

But even back in Beta we noticed the Dev's made the female toons with a greater attention to detail. If you want to call it that. Look at the basic dances? The female toons look like they should be useing a pole, and the male's dance look like almost every boy at my eight grade dance back in the 90's (I was waiting for my toon to break out with the running man).