Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The whole traitor debacle... Why was this so undeveloped?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
The whole traitor debacle... Why was this so undeveloped?

Dracofish
02.20.2018 , 01:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
I had hoped for some time that both Lana and Theron were in on it and hiding it from the Outlander. My reason is very basic. The outlander should at that point walk out of the alliance and our (the players) wish for a return to Imp/Rep is realized. A way out of thw corner they wrote themselves into. That said, I don't give the BW authors that much credit.

So my hope at this point is that if this actually concludes before my subscription runs out that we're given the option to kill whomever was hiding information from the Outlander. Every one of my FEET characters, full ls or full ds, will do so. Oh and hopefully we can banish Arcann to a penal colony somewhere.
I don't see going back to the original factions as a possibility. Given the Iokath decision, many of us crossed factions.

BioWare *should* give us the option to kill the "traitor", however my fear is that if they do, then Theron (or Lana) would be relegated to paperweight duty, just like every other NPC who could possibly be dead (Koth, Arcann, etc etc). That would leave us with nobody, or if they only give the option for him and not Lana, would only leave us with Lana...and that wouldn't be fair either.

We also have to consider representation and love interests. Take away Theron and then the only m/m and f/m love interest who still has a voice would be gone. Take away Lana and the same thing happens to f/f and m/f characters. It would cause a whole giant steaming pile of crap to explode all over them. Both of these love interests should stay active in the story, in order to be fair. That being said, I have no idea how BioWare would be able to come around the trust issues introduced with going behind the Outlander's back like that. Like I said...they really dropped the ball on the story as a whole. Either way the pie gets sliced, I don't see us being happy with it.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Keta
02.20.2018 , 05:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
I don't see going back to the original factions as a possibility. Given the Iokath decision, many of us crossed factions.

BioWare *should* give us the option to kill the "traitor", however my fear is that if they do, then Theron (or Lana) would be relegated to paperweight duty, just like every other NPC who could possibly be dead (Koth, Arcann, etc etc). That would leave us with nobody, or if they only give the option for him and not Lana, would only leave us with Lana...and that wouldn't be fair either.

We also have to consider representation and love interests. Take away Theron and then the only m/m and f/m love interest who still has a voice would be gone. Take away Lana and the same thing happens to f/f and m/f characters. It would cause a whole giant steaming pile of crap to explode all over them. Both of these love interests should stay active in the story, in order to be fair. That being said, I have no idea how BioWare would be able to come around the trust issues introduced with going behind the Outlander's back like that. Like I said...they really dropped the ball on the story as a whole. Either way the pie gets sliced, I don't see us being happy with it.
Yeah the only "consolation" in killing of Theron and having him turn into a paperwight for those that didn't is that he'd be just like all the other companions. Honestly though that's not going to work.

By the same token it's going to take some stunningly incredible writing to undo many folks feelings about killing him off. Honestly though, to me it doesn't matter. I'll be here for the end of that "story" arc unless they really flub it then I'll be gone. Too little, too late from BW to keep me in game after all these years (early beta).
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

Ner_idia
02.20.2018 , 10:02 PM | #13
What exactly has made sense since KOTFE dropped? It's just par to course.

bluehufsa
03.17.2018 , 11:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Maybe that's the reason why Arcann is going to be a romance option, a sort of consolation prize for the heartbroken widows and widowers ( characters who romanced Theron) ..

AbilityDrain
03.18.2018 , 08:02 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post
Maybe that's the reason why Arcann is going to be a romance option, a sort of consolation prize for the heartbroken widows and widowers ( characters who romanced Theron) ..
But what about those who are romancing Theron but killed Arcann? There would be no replacement romance available for them.

bluehufsa
03.18.2018 , 08:09 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AbilityDrain View Post
But what about those who are romancing Theron but killed Arcann? There would be no replacement romance available for them.
LMAO good question! We ( all my jedi characters included) romance the bottle! But you know, with serenity

AbilityDrain
03.18.2018 , 08:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
By the same token it's going to take some stunningly incredible writing to undo many folks feelings about killing him off. Honestly though, to me it doesn't matter. I'll be here for the end of that "story" arc unless they really flub it then I'll be gone. Too little, too late from BW to keep me in game after all these years (early beta).
I think maybe the only way to do that would be if he'd been brainwashed in a similar manner to the Imperial Agent in their class story. It's possible that The Order of Zildrog may have their own mind control method. As we saw in the IA story he/she still had full control over their thoughts, feelings and emotions but they couldn't verbally relay the Republic's plans back to the Empire or actively sabotage any missions when the mind control code was activated. If they take a similar route with Theron then it can't really be held against him for not telling the Commander about his plans, particularly if they shackled him with the code when he first approached them during the research phase, preventing Theron from letting us in on his plan as he'd perhaps intended.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why he's been leaving physical clues and hints for us (leaving the bulk of the crystals behind for us, shooting the window out for Lana and the Commander to escape, allowing us to incept his holo-call etc) he's leaving us a breadcrumb trail because he can't verbally relay information back to us.

AbilityDrain
03.18.2018 , 08:18 AM | #18
LMAO good question! We ( all my jedi characters included) romance the bottle! But you know, with serenity
LOL I'm all for those holy spirits!

bluehufsa
03.18.2018 , 12:58 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AbilityDrain View Post
LOL I'm all for those holy spirits!
LOL are you Khomo Fett in disguise?

AbilityDrain
03.18.2018 , 03:58 PM | #20
LOL are you Khomo Fett in disguise?
I'll never be as cool as Khomo Fett.