Class Comparison Spreadsheet

exiliox

Hey all,

I am sure many have been like me and trying to compare the classes to get an idea of what they may like. And while I have found some fantastic resources on the web, none seem to be an aggregate for some of the most important information. With that in mind I have been working on this very basic spreadsheet that compares the classes in terms of roles, equipment, and even subjective feelings on the classes based on what I have read or feel strongly about. I welcome any feedback...and I need some to help me feel in the blanks and/or correct erroneous info. Cheers! ;)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnxfzST4mF0YdDhYSDZhbmRsejJCdlB3WnVvQ1JIQkE&usp=sharing

Nut kicking is Smuggler-Baseline. Better write "Bashing 50% HP from a Sith away with the back of your hand 4tw!" @ Scoundrel.

Oh, and Consular is the best storyline after Imperial Agent in my opinion. It just takes more brains to comprehend than the rest of the storylines.

Nut kicking is Smuggler-Baseline. Better write "Bashing 50% HP from a Sith away with the back of your hand 4tw!" @ Scoundrel.

Oh, and Consular is the best storyline after Imperial Agent in my opinion. It just takes more brains to comprehend than the rest of the storylines.

I thought the Consular storyline fell flat after Chapter 1.

The whole "Children of the Emperor" thing was so mediocre. What I didn't like about it was the switch. from "Here is the reason your character is involved" to "Generic Star Wars Story #4: Insert Jedi Here"

Edited by Syas

Also if anyone can help me fill in the blanks that would be awesome. I am trying to read various postings and glean information but it would be faster/easier/nice to hear from those that know. Thanks in advance. :D

I think you've undersold the sentinel class where cc/buff is concerned. They have the droid CC, transcendence (speed/defence buff for team), and inspiration (damage buff for team). Snipers get a raw resistance buff for anyone standing close to them.

I believe Scoundrels and Operatives aren't being represented accurately in terms of support; they have both an out-of-combat CC (tranquilizer) and an in-combat CC (droid slicing).

Excellent point..can't believe I didn't note that. I have an operative, lol. Thanks.

Updated to reflect Jugg/Guard recognized role as DPS too

Do the same for Vanguard/PT.

I would switch the "Yes" under support from Jugg/Guardian to Marauder/Sentinel, as well. Juggs have very little in the way of group support abilities (tanks get guard, PBAoE mez, spammable PBAoE snare; DPS get PBAoE mez and resource draining PBAoE snare.) Mara's get the PBAoE mez plus Blood, Predation and probably something else that I'm overlooking. Juggs do get the two greatest abilities in the game (IMO), however, in Intercede (which is very situational group support, as well) and Unstoppable.

The main weapon column is also slightly misleading, as it implies that Operative's primary weapon is the Vibroknife, and while (from an aesthetic standpoint) this is true for Conceal-Ops, it isn't for Med/Leth Ops. Operative's main hand weapon is the blaster rifle, just as the Scoundrel's is the pistol.

• 3 weeks later...
Do the same for Vanguard/PT.

I would switch the "Yes" under support from Jugg/Guardian to Marauder/Sentinel, as well. Juggs have very little in the way of group support abilities (tanks get guard, PBAoE mez, spammable PBAoE snare; DPS get PBAoE mez and resource draining PBAoE snare.) Mara's get the PBAoE mez plus Blood, Predation and probably something else that I'm overlooking. Juggs do get the two greatest abilities in the game (IMO), however, in Intercede (which is very situational group support, as well) and Unstoppable.

The main weapon column is also slightly misleading, as it implies that Operative's primary weapon is the Vibroknife, and while (from an aesthetic standpoint) this is true for Conceal-Ops, it isn't for Med/Leth Ops. Operative's main hand weapon is the blaster rifle, just as the Scoundrel's is the pistol.

Thanks for the feedback..I will look into it. I agree with the Sith Warrior feedback but I need to double-check the Agent/Smuggler feedback. Either way, much appreciated. ;)

UPDATED 04/21/13 TO INCLUDE:

- End Game Roles. Many people wonder what it is they will be doing in most end-game scenarios. I have included what is now considered to be the standard thoughts on those roles. My personal feeling is still to roll what you like most and enjoy that end game--hopefully your guild will support you.

- For RPGers I have a included a very rough column for RPG Alignment for the class. The idea behind this is something I recently read and intrigued me about how a class could roleplay from an alignment standpoint. Aldo included is a link to a Wiki article on alignments for clarification.

- I am working on including links to the various ships and advanced classes from within the Google Spreadsheet...they don't make it easy.

As usual, feedback is welcomed. :)