HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

Outstanding Bioware. Now troll guilds and groups will form to prevent people from getting to the vendor. Just hand the keys too the kingdom over to trolls and make griefing as easy as possible. This happened before on PVP servers when you did the Rakghoul Event in the dunesea. Now your making it so non pvpers can get trolled.

Yup, the vendor will be camped you can guarantee that.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow... just, wow. People will find just about anything to complain about I guess.

I also find it amusing that some claim they will not do the quest if it goes live as is. Please:rolleyes:, you would do it even if the quest forced you to dance the macarena naked with a 2 minute buff of rainbow sparkle powder in the outlaws den.

I guarantee you, I plan to unsubscribe on Nov 15th and will turn the game off until I can access the vendor without being flagged for PvP. If Bioware decides they don't want to/won't do this, meh, I can easily live without this game. There are plenty of other games out there that want my money.

I guarantee you, I plan to unsubscribe on Nov 15th and will turn the game off until I can access the vendor without being flagged for PvP. If Bioware decides they don't want to/won't do this, meh, I can easily live without this game. There are plenty of other games out there that want my money.

I do think that by bioware adding in content that they know everyone is going to want and placing part of it in PVP territory is a terrible idea.

Those people choose a PVE realm for a reason. They do not want part in a free for all PVP environment. Creating content that in turn basically forces PVE players to PVP is a bad mistake.

It doesn't matter what BW had as good intentions or not.

It doesn't matter that the story is amazing.

It doesn't matter how good the companion is.

What matters is that at the end of the day, they created content most every player in SWTOR will want and int eh same turn basically force PVE players into PVP.

Thats what will be remembered.

If anything there could have been 2 avenues to get the same piece. One PVE orientated and one PVP orientated - The player gets to decide how they wanted to obtain the item.

And you are right though. There are plenty of other games that will take your money and it doesn't matter if there good or bad games. Bioware at this point in there game made a mistake by adding on content that blatantly pushes PVE players into a PVP environment. (and to a lesser degree PVP players into a PVE area)

I've tried to not be to hard on BW given this is there first MMO but BW deserves all the negativity they get on this one knowing there was such a easy work around.

Forcing PvP on PvE players is stupid.

Story based MMO that is completed in ----> PvE, with no need of PvP nor space missions.

In the drool dripping from some of the posters you can see those that will gank and grief while protesting that no such thing would happen, that they wouldn't do that, that you are whiny fearful "meat bags".

Stupid decisions, stupid moves, stupid directions.

BioWare is dead (APR 2012, R.I.P.) long live EA SPORTS :/

Story based MMO that is completed in ----> PvE, with no need of PvP nor space missions.

In the drool dripping from some of the posters you can see those that will gank and grief while protesting that no such thing would happen, that they wouldn't do that, that you are whiny fearful "meat bags".

They are forcing PVE on PVP players as well so whats the big deal? I think its funny how some of the PVE players are crying about the PVP part. This is fair it requires a player to do both to get this companion that almost everyone wants. should be a easy to come by companion. Also they are not forcing you to go after HK-51 but if you want him you have to do the work required for him .

Space is a huge part of star wars law, and lets not forget its a war so pvp ties in pretty well also.

And Ea Sports is a division of EA and nothing to do with this game, if anything the game has more old mythic devs working on it than it has EA devs

I don't mind that it's in a PVP zone. I'm mainly PVE, but I can waltz into a section and do what needs to be done. What I DO mind are the people who WILL grief those who just want to get in and get out on PVE servers to grab their item. I don't care that there may be some fighting, but griefing is a no-no. I do plan to get this companion, but if I have to wait weeks or months due to the huge influx, then so be it.

I do think that by bioware adding in content that they know everyone is going to want and placing part of it in PVP territory is a terrible idea.

Those people choose a PVE realm for a reason. They do not want part in a free for all PVP environment. Creating content that in turn basically forces PVE players to PVP is a bad mistake.

It doesn't matter what BW had as good intentions or not.

It doesn't matter that the story is amazing.

It doesn't matter how good the companion is.

What matters is that at the end of the day, they created content most every player in SWTOR will want and int eh same turn basically force PVE players into PVP.

Thats what will be remembered.

If anything there could have been 2 avenues to get the same piece. One PVE orientated and one PVP orientated - The player gets to decide how they wanted to obtain the item.

And you are right though. There are plenty of other games that will take your money and it doesn't matter if there good or bad games. Bioware at this point in there game made a mistake by adding on content that blatantly pushes PVE players into a PVP environment. (and to a lesser degree PVP players into a PVE area)

I've tried to not be to hard on BW given this is there first MMO but BW deserves all the negativity they get on this one knowing there was such a easy work around.

So, you think PvPers only deserve rewards that PvEers don't want, then? That anytime BioWare releases an exclusive or unique item, they MUST make it available to PvEers? What about the armor skins available from PvP commendations? Should the exclusivity of those items be taken away from PvPers because PvEers may like the way they look?

The argument that, because an item is popular, it should automatically be made available through PvE is nothing short of insulting to the PvP community. PvPers should be offered unique items only obtainable through PvP, just like there needs to be unique items available only through Operations, and only through Heroics, and only through class quests.

Of course, I've never seen you speak out against exclusive items offered in these other aspects of gameplay. Why aren't you speaking out in favor of equality for all? Why aren't you speaking out against "raid exclusive" rewards, or "Heroic exclusive" rewards, or "light/dark side exclusive" rewards, hmm? You would readily allow there to be rewards in the game which PvPers cannot obtain without participation in PvE, but if just one aspect of one single quest forces you to enter a PvP zone, that's "unfair" to the PvEers.

It's time to stop with all this hypocrisy and double-standards.

-Macheath.

Edited by Macheath

So here has been my experience with the HK storyline:

1. Group with guildies follow questline to thr end of theoretika.

2. Go to work (Real life sucks)

3. COme back with 1/2 an hour before maintenance.

4. Go to outlaws den get ganked by 10 imps (What sadist made that decision?)

5. Go to imp alt go to outlaws den and get the item.

6. Maintenance

7. Decide to be a night owl and start searching the endar spire. Find piece over an hour later (think to myself "frustrating but maybe I'm just unlucky")

8. Thankfully manage to group with two others and we knock out the coruscant one and one of the group drops (No problem still got a searching buddy)

9. Search Ambria's Fury for what seems like forever non grouped person finds it. Groupmate gets it but I do not as I am on the other side of the wreckage and do not get there in time (Frustration levels rising but God Bless my partner who stays to help me find it). After about another 1/2 hour of searching call it a night (Still didn't find the Ambria's Fury piece).

All I can think of having reached this point is what an annoying and massive waste of time it has been for something which has it's premise based on such a simple thing. I believe Fez Burba made that scanner because it SUCKS! And the worst part is that, even though I think whomever deigned this is a complete and utter sadist laughing at me from across the internet, I'm still going to go back tomorrow and keep searching for that worthless piece of trash on hoth. That being said making the method of getting something annoying/long does not make it special, Bioware.

I was able to get all the parts aside from the last two,but i was lucky to be around when there was easily 20 or more people looking and calling it out when found,my friend that i was doing it with lastnight got called in to work and lemme just say that i hope they either spawn more close to areas faster or something otherwise he will go ape###*,because we spent maybe 45 minutes trying to find one by ourselves and he will not be back til monday late evening,and yes i did promise i would help him,,Oo.

I am reading your description and it sounds attractive to me. War, difficult searches, grouping. Sounds like the type of adventure I will like!

If you realize some part of gameplay does not suit you, why suffer? Just do something else you like better...

So here has been my experience with the HK storyline:

1. Group with guildies follow questline to thr end of theoretika.

2. Go to work (Real life sucks)

3. COme back with 1/2 an hour before maintenance.

4. Go to outlaws den get ganked by 10 imps (What sadist made that decision?)

5. Go to imp alt go to outlaws den and get the item.

6. Maintenance

7. Decide to be a night owl and start searching the endar spire. Find piece over an hour later (think to myself "frustrating but maybe I'm just unlucky")

8. Thankfully manage to group with two others and we knock out the coruscant one and one of the group drops (No problem still got a searching buddy)

9. Search Ambria's Fury for what seems like forever non grouped person finds it. Groupmate gets it but I do not as I am on the other side of the wreckage and do not get there in time (Frustration levels rising but God Bless my partner who stays to help me find it). After about another 1/2 hour of searching call it a night (Still didn't find the Ambria's Fury piece).

All I can think of having reached this point is what an annoying and massive waste of time it has been for something which has it's premise based on such a simple thing. I believe Fez Burba made that scanner because it SUCKS! And the worst part is that, even though I think whomever deigned this is a complete and utter sadist laughing at me from across the internet, I'm still going to go back tomorrow and keep searching for that worthless piece of trash on hoth. That being said making the method of getting something annoying/long does not make it special, Bioware.

It's the most fun quest line in game dude. Youre playing wrong.

I am reading your description and it sounds attractive to me. War, difficult searches, grouping. Sounds like the type of adventure I will like!

If you realize some part of gameplay does not suit you, why suffer? Just do something else you like better...

Yeah, problem is this is entitlement gamer community. I want to get everything EASY.

/raaaaaagggge

The devs knew this would happen

The devs think it's amusing

The devs are obviously working on another game because this one is failing

The devs don't care

I kept playing through the bugs and disconnects to see the new questline for HK and the Cartel Market goodies. If you notice, they put this update at the same time as most people's subs came due for the month...clue????

I knew this would happen

I don't think it's amusing

I am going to play another game because this one is failing

I don't care

just curious, if you do finally get this new companion, does the max number of deployable companions go up to 6 instead of 5 then in the crewskill window? if not, whats it good for? :confused:

No it does not increase. He's good for assassinations and An overall crafting bonus.

Y'know, this whole HK quest series reminded SO much of the old KOTOR game. I absolutely LOVED it!

Funny, I played through KOTOR again just before SWTOR shipped and I don't recall getting ganked by groups of players, nor do I recall any quests that required trudging around aimlessly and endlessly to find a rare, random spawn item.