accents over letters in player names

amot

If you have a windows computer, you just need to open the character map (in Windows 7, just type character map in Start > Search), choose a common font like Arial, choose the letter you're looking for and it'll display the keystrokes.

Not sure which accent you mean on which O, so here goes:

Ò = Alt +0210

Ó = Alt +0211

Ô = Alt +0212

Õ = Alt +0213

Ö = Alt +0214

ò = Alt +0242

ó = Alt +0243

ô = Alt +0244

õ = Alt +0245

ö = Alt +0246

I'm so glad I have ßäöü on my keyboard and can easily write í é á ó ú. makes some things a lot easier.

either way, I am not sure if this works on an English keyboard too, but when you use the ´ key (not to be confused with the ' key) before pressing some letters (I think this works for i,e, a, o, and u) you will automatically get í and ì when you press caps while using ´ (`)

either way, I am not sure if this works on an English keyboard too, but when you use the ´ key (not to be confused with the ' key) before pressing some letters (I think this works for i,e, a, o, and u) you will automatically get í and ì when you press caps while using ´ (`)

I'm using a US keyboard and I had to switch from "English US" input to to "English US International" input in my language settings to make this work.

How to use the United States-International keyboard layout and create international characters:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306560

I dream of a TOR where these letters aren't necessary.

I dream of a TOR where everyone gets the name he or she wants.

I dream of a TOR where everyone is able to whisper any other person easily.

I dream of a TOR where legacy name means something.

I dream of a TOR where I'm less sad.

Sometimes, I even dream of Jeannie. (I'm old. Not THAT old, but old enough.)

I created a character today that I don't plan to play anytime soon just because I fear the name I had for it in mind

would be gone before I get to play it eventually after opening the flood gates of f2p....

can anyone please tell me the alt number keypad code for the accent over the letter O in a player name. ingame. please and ty

If you do a web search you can find huge lists of codes for different characters. If I was home on my PC, I'd share the link but I am at work :(

If you have a windows computer, you just need to open the character map (in Windows 7, just type character map in Start > Search), choose a common font like Arial, choose the letter you're looking for and it'll display the keystrokes.

Not sure which accent you mean on which O, so here goes:

Ò = Alt +0210

Ó = Alt +0211

Ô = Alt +0212

Õ = Alt +0213

Ö = Alt +0214

ò = Alt +0242

ó = Alt +0243

ô = Alt +0244

õ = Alt +0245

ö = Alt +0246

The Number part of these code must be done on your number pad BTW.

Edited by Kelbun

While all of this sounds cool and amazing, in practice it has issues. On the plus side, you can get that name you really want, or lost because of the many server consolidations. On the negative side, for an uninformed player, it is nearly impossible to send a tell to an individual with alternate characters in their names. Or try spamming for a group invite but they can never spell your name.

While all of this sounds cool and amazing, in practice it has issues. On the plus side, you can get that name you really want, or lost because of the many server consolidations. On the negative side, for an uninformed player, it is nearly impossible to send a tell to an individual with alternate characters in their names. Or try spamming for a group invite but they can never spell your name.

Your negative, I view as a positive. I never have received a single gold farming post nor requests for help from anyone I don't know personally.

As for group invites, if you whisper them then they can right click your name in chat.