i lost shae

waltonjus

Are you, perchance, on the story mission for the Blood Hunt flashpoint during the Shadow of Revan story, finishing the Shadow of Revan story on Yavin (not certain if this one counts, too), or on Chapter 14 of Fallen Empire? Shae is part of the story for each of these and is not able to be used as a companion during them (again, not certain about the very end of SoR).

:( I started playing on 10/24 and realized I missed out on basically the best companion, makes me want to cry because it doesn't sound like she will be available again (or for another 2 years, so basically gone anyways) truly heartbreaking to see the best companions locked behind such scarce events, even moreso to miss it by only 2-3 weeks. I too, lose Shae

:( I started playing on 10/24 and realized I missed out on basically the best companion, makes me want to cry because it doesn't sound like she will be available again (or for another 2 years, so basically gone anyways) truly heartbreaking to see the best companions locked behind such scarce events, even moreso to miss it by only 2-3 weeks. I too, lose Shae

Shae is not "the best" companion. Even the theory crafters would only say that Shae is the best at DPS. (They also suggest that Z0-0M is best Healing, and some other Comp is best tank, Lana is the best LI. 😍 )

So, even theoretically there is no one 'best' companion. And in reality - during actual gameplay - it really doesn't matter.

Edited by JediQuaker

Shae is best companion because accountwide / level 1 and also Mandalore ;/

Don't fret too much over it. Stick around, and there will surely be another account-wide companion. You can always get Treek or HK 51 and unlock them for level 1 characters, you will have to earn some credits to do so, but at least those two have conversations. With Treek and HK your 8 crafting companions are complete, no need for the dozens of other folks that clutter your companion list after KOTFE/ET.

Storywise, you can't compare those generic followers with your class companions. As a new player it's better to stick with the companions who actually are involved in your character's story and have a personality.

Mechanics wise, "best dps" sounds great, but there isn't actually much point in it. Trash may drop 1-2s faster, but where companion performance matters (replacing 1-3 players in uprisings and flashpoints) you usually want a healer.

Edited by Mubrak