Ninety Seven Percent

irishfino

I'm so glad there's more of this, even if it turns out to be a traumatic roller coaster ride again *has a suspicious* :D

Knowing Fino, your suspicions are likely correct, lol.

"Stars, fine,” Syla huffed. “I should have made you be evil. Then I wouldn’t have to put up with this nonsense.”

“You told me I was too adorable to be evil,” Jaesa pouted.

“You are too adorable, but, if you were evil, you could kill Quinn and I’d get to keep you here.”

Ok, that's just funny, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the Force have I missed this???? Wow just wow, you sir rock on so many levels.

Why thank you! And I'm a lady. :D

I'm so glad there's more of this, even if it turns out to be a traumatic roller coaster ride again *has a suspicious* :D

I have no idea why you would be suspicious. >.> <.< None at all. MUAHHAHAAHAHAAAHA! [cough] :D

Ok, that's just funny, lol.

Syla and Jaesa have a very silly relationship. Almost like sisters.

Thanks for reading everyone!!

Meeting with Jadus

After boarding and settling into his new quarters, Quinn was called to a meeting with Jadus. Cerrill delivered the message personally and would take him straight to Jadus. Jaesa, naturally, wished to go to the meeting with him, but he wouldn’t allow it. He had Cerrill and Jadus meant him no harm. Jadus never meant him any harm, even when he headed the experiments. He was insistent that no harm would befall him in Jadus’ presence and, no, she didn’t need to use her powerful little trick to discern Cerrill’s nature he already knew it. There was no need to worry, he would be perfectly safe in Jadus’ presence, if not a little chilly.

Jadus’ office was rather small for a Sith of his rank and power. Not that it really mattered. No, what mattered was the man behind the desk. In a small room, a large room, or on the other side of a planet, the man was easy to find. He exuded power and pain; promises, perhaps, of death. Which fit in rather nicely with the knife currently embedded in Quinn’s chest.

That small, silver blade tucked neatly between his ribs made him a liar. Not entirely a liar, mind, it was still rather cold in Jadus’ office and it was made infinitely colder by the rush of life leaving his person. Was this some sort of test? He may have been an experiment, may have had things done to him very few had survived, but a knife in the heart was surely a death sentence. Then he felt it, a strange rush of cold permeating every fiber of his being.

“There,” Jadus said. “You are free to leave, Cerrill.”

Cerrill smiled and pulled the blade from Quinn’s back. She pulled a small piece of cloth from one of the pockets in her uniform and wiped down the blade with great care. She was eager to add this one to the collection. She tucked away her prize and slipped the knife into an unseen pocket.

“Yes, my Lord,” she said, bowing slightly.

Quinn was vaguely aware of her leaving, of her taking the knife from his person. He was entirely numb, stabbed mortally yet still standing. And he was cold. So very, very cold.

“Attempting to turn another, Jadus?” asked a voice.

Quinn shuddered or, at least, tried to. The voice seemed to come from somewhere far away, but it rattled in his head at the same time. His head felt full and he was pushed aside for something cold and empty.

“I am surprised you have taken notice of this,” Jadus replied. “Many things have passed you by with little acknowledgement of their existence.”

“My attentiveness is not your concern.”

“I disagree. The Empire is falling apart under your watch and you do nothing, but idle. I will replace you and remake the Galaxy in my image. An Empire united in fear.”

“I will destroy you and you will be forgotten.”

“You would have to come out of hiding for that. An Emperor in hiding is no ruler. My Empire will be complete. The people will know who I am and will fear my presence. I will conquer the masses personally and subject them to my will.”

“You cannot purge me as you have the others. To do so would kill your precious servant. Your plan is already failing, Jadus. It is a matter of time until we meet. On that day, you will die and the Empire will forget you.”

Jadus extended his presence, suffusing the room with his terrible power. Quinn’s body fell to the floor, limp and cold.

Notes:

I'm very worried about capturing the voice Jadus. He's so creepy and powerful and evil and has equal parts I don't care and I am totally awesome and will rule this place awesomely. And the Emperor. Gah. I've only encountered him in one of the Children of the Emperor in the game.

Blaaaaaaah, characterization.

It was all part of Baras’ plan. A twenty year scheme to overthrow the Emperor without so much as a fight. The boy would be the perfect way to monitor the Emperor. Everything fell painfully into place. And all it cost was the sanity of one person. If he didn’t know it then he knew it now. Not that that counted for much.

“I think he’s waking up,” said a voice. Imperial, female.

“Good. I swear I’ve fixed this man up more times than I can count,” said another voice in reply. Female, non-Imperial. Where was he?

He tried to sit up, but was stopped by two pairs of hands gently pushing him back into a bed. Medical bay. He had to be in the medical bay. He relaxed and kept his eyes closed.

“You’re lucky our friend was here, I’m a terrible medic. I… might be prone to fits of panic,” said the first voice.

“That is not comforting,” Quinn murmured quietly. “Where am I?”

“A dream world,” replied the second voice.

His eyes popped open. He tried to focus, but his vision was filled with hazy fog.

“Don’t worry, you’re not dead,” the second voice said with a small laugh. “You can’t dream and be dead.”

“Where’s my body? Why can’t I see anything?”

“The rest of you is aboard the Dominator,” the first voice said, a hint of sadness in her tone. “Your body is likely floating in a kolto tank which would explain the blurred vision. This is just a dream, Malavai.”

“Do I know you?” he asked.

“Sort of,” replied the second voice. “It’s complicated and we don’t have time to explain it in great detail. You’ll just have to trust us.”

“How do I get back?”

“This part of you will need to heal first. We can put you in the tank if you would like,” answered the first voice.

Quinn winced and moved to cover his ears.

“There’s no need to shout,” he groused.

They might have answered him, he wasn’t entirely sure. He was entirely sure of screaming. Thousands of voices howling in pain and misery, different pitches, different styles. They hurt and they were hurting him. So much pain. So much suffering. So much screaming. All of it in his ears, all of it bouncing around his skull. He wanted to crack his cranium open to relieve the pressure, to halt the screams of anguish.

A cool hand settled upon his forehead and calmed him, calmed the screams, stopped the pain. It was so familiar, yet so far away.

“Hush now, Malavai,” said a quiet voice. Female, Imperial, familiar. “You require rest. When you awaken, you’ll be back in your body.” There was a pause before the voice spoke again, her voice very soft and distant. “I’m always watching, Malavai.”

Notes:

Unfortunately short. Bits of NSP come in bursts anymore. Kinda sad.

Edited by irishfino

I read it. I read it again. I read Mila's comment. I read it again.

Then I got it. :rolleyes:

And then I bounced up and down in my chair while saying things like "squee!" and "totally canon!" :D Also, I am so very tempted to steal this idea... ;)

Edited by Vesaniae

I found this thread today... Just a question, have any chance of Quinn and Saly make peace? I hate Light Jaesa!!!

It might be a while before I get around to updating this so I'll answer this now.

No. This is a Light-side Jaesa/Malavai Quinn romance as stated in the first post. Quinn and Syla will never have a romantic interaction that isn't some sort of flashback.

• 2 weeks later...
skdjfhasdfsdf *rolls around*

I GET IT

asdjkfdasdf

*rolls more*

Eeheeheee!!

I read it. I read it again. I read Mila's comment. I read it again.

Then I got it. :rolleyes:

And then I bounced up and down in my chair while saying things like "squee!" and "totally canon!" :D Also, I am so very tempted to steal this idea... ;)

:D!

I do not! But I'm totally curious, lol.

It references two certain blue ladies. Eeheeheee.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Jaesa was fretting and pacing about. She could feel something was wrong, that something had happened. Malavai’s – as she thought of him, she would never call him by name aloud, at least not now – presence has fluctuated before being overshadowed by something cold and dark. She thought it was Jadus at first, but his presence was slightly… warmer than this one. That didn’t seem possible, really, considering who and what Jadus was. And his power. She shivered and rubbed her arms subconsciously.

The door to their split quarters slid open allowing Malavai entrance. She finally stopped pacing and turned to the door to face him. He looked absolutely dreadful. He was pale and sweaty, as if he had seen the darkness in the void and had only just returned to the light.

“Are you alright?” Jaesa asked. In a few long steps she reached him. His eyes didn’t focus on her. “Captain?” Still nothing.

She dared to touch his cheek and was surprised to hear him shout as if burned. She jumped back and clasped her hand to her chest.

“It’s only me,” she said gently. “It’s Jaesa.”

He stepped into the room, turned, and pressed a button on the panel next to the door to close it. His arm dropped to his side and his shoulders slumped just a fraction. It was enough to worry her.

“Malavai?” she hedged.

Something snapped in him. He turned to face her, his face as neutral as ever, but his eyes were finally focusing.

“How did I get back here?” he asked, his voice even and measured.

“You walked, I assume.” She paused and looked him over. He looked none the worse for wear, but his jacket seemed a tad newer than when he left. She was certain she was overanalyzing it. “Would you like a cup of tea? You seem on edge from your visit with Jadus. All went well, I hope.”

He moved wordlessly to the settee and sat down. He was acting so strangely, but, hopefully, a nice hot cup of black tea – half a sugar, teaspoon of milk, steeped five minutes, slice of lemon on the side for potential use, sixty degrees Celsius – would perk him right up. He told her once how he liked the way she made his tea. It just wasn’t the same when he did it. Well, technically, it was exactly the same. He was as exacting as ever, but her tea was different somehow and he could never put his finger on it. She smiled wistfully as she heated the water and sliced into a lemon. She often wondered if, perhaps, she was reading too much into their time together. They were friends, at least to her. She never knew where she stood in that man’s mind. He was cordial, he talked to her, told her things she was sure he had never or would never tell another person, and allowed her to touch his person for the purposes of comforting hugs or wake ups from nightmares. Sometimes, he even hugged back.

When the tea was finished she gathered it up and made her way to the seating area. Malavai was seated with his back ramrod straight and his hands resting on his knees. And he was staring. Just staring at nothing. It unnerved her. He didn’t move at all when she stepped into his view.

“Malavai, I’ve made tea the way you like it,” she said quietly.

He shifted his eyes up to her face and blinked slowly. “You’re using my first name.”

“You seem to respond to it. You’re a bit out of it right now. I take it Jadus’ presence upset you so I went and made a cup of tea the way you like it.”

“Half sugar?”

“Yes.”

“Teaspoon of milk, steeped five minutes?”

“Yes, yes, and the water was heated to sixty degrees Celsius. There’s a slice of lemon there on the plate for you in case you want it.”

He grabbed the lemon and squeezed its juice into the teacup. Another bad sign. When he took the cup without taking the small plate as well she knew something terrible had happened. She turned and set the tiny plate on the table before sitting down on the couch next to him. He hadn’t so much as taken a sip of his tea yet.

“What’s happened?” she asked. She often tried not to pry in his affairs, but when he was like this – well, there was nothing for it, but tea and patience.

“Being in Jadus’ presence for too long tends to – upset really isn’t the right word, but I cannot think clearly just yet,” he explained.

“And nothing else happened?” she asked, gently prodding him for answers just in case. Always just in case.

“No,” he replied, shaking his head slightly. “Nothing at all.”

Notes:

Such a liar that Quinn is. :rolleyes: And I can't help but imagine the man is very exacting about his tea and if you mess it up you're worthless.

• 3 weeks later...

He wasn’t one to lie. That was a lie. He was one to lie. To protect himself. To protect Jaesa. She was his… friend. He was fond of her, perhaps too fond, but the thought of her getting into a situation she couldn’t handle disturbed something inside him. Something primal. She was strong on her own, of course, he didn’t think her weak and in need of protection because he was male and she was female. No, she needed protection from Cerrill and, especially, Jadus.

Jaesa was always around, lingering within eyesight. He was certain she placed herself just so. He ignored her, for the most part, going about his day as if she weren’t there. He was certainly aware of her presence. All too aware. He found himself thinking of her at the most inappropriate times; the shower being the most common. He knew what was happening, of course. She helped him when he needed it most and continued to be there for him despite his stiff nature. He had noticed before boarding The Dominator, but he was content to ignore it. Now, however, the stakes were higher. Such a pure feeling would certainly be tainted or squashed entirely. If he wished to nurture the small, budding connection between them, he had to do so quickly and covertly. He had to keep it out of Jadus’ notice and, certainly, Cerrill’s.

Cerrill. They had a connection so many years ago; both of them products of the experiments involving perfecting the SLV serum. She was involved in the first round of new testing. And she was an utter failure. She should have been the perfect killing machine, one that honed in on a single target and destroyed them before being destroyed. If successful, a new target would be presented and the cycle started over. But Cerrill could never be reprogrammed. She was given her target and told to eliminate them. Even when the kill was confirmed, she never switched targets.

He often wondered if, on some level, she knew he wasn’t truly dead. They had been close and he was rather valuable to the research team. Still, her programming persisted to this day. He needed to exercise caution in dealing with her. More than just his life was at stake should he slip up. With that morbid thought echoing in his head, he set down his teacup and saucer and left the seating area to prepare for bed. He wondered, however briefly, if he would dream of those mysterious women again.

Notes:

Rather short, but I've reached a block on NSP I'm fighting through. My brain considers NSP over since Quinn woke up and I can't seem to convince it otherwise.

Edited by irishfino

• 4 weeks later...
Whew, glad to see you writing again. It's been a long Quinn drought!

(I miss Sith!Quinn. He was such naughty fun! Can he have a spin off?)

My writer's block is lifting. :D

As for Sith!Quinn, he gets a sort of spin-off. I have plans. :D

Thanks for reading everyone!

It had been a few weeks since his meeting with Jadus and his near death at Cerrill’s hands. Jadus had not called upon him since and Cerrill… Cerrill continued her attempts as she was programmed to do. Jaesa was wholly unaware of this and he hoped to keep it that way. He was afraid that, for all her power, Cerrill would easily overwhelm her in battle. Cerrill was trained, merciless, brutal, and the personal assassin to Darth Jadus. There was no one he feared more for that Jaesa, not even himself. When the dreams switched their focus it scared him. He had to protect her, but he couldn’t bring himself to tell her why. No matter what, he would shield her from Jadus, from Cerrill, from the coldness that permeated the Destroyer.

“Talk to me, Malavai,” Jaesa said quietly.

They were in his small room, he under the covers of the bed, she sitting on the edge pestering him. She could tell something was different. His sleep patterns were different, his quiet, frenzied muttering in his sleep was different, even the screams were different. Of all the changes, the screams bothered her the most. They weren’t his normal pained cries, but cries of battle. It was as if he was fighting a war in his sleep some nights. His refusal to talk about his dreams frustrated her to no end.

“I have told you before they are just dreams,” he replied quietly.

She made a frustrated noise in the back of her throat and exhaled through her nose. “They’re different. I can tell. Your reactions are different. You’re more… fighting something than you are being beaten to near death repeatedly.”

“Jaesa-”

“Do you trust me?” she asked, interrupting whatever thought he had. He sat up, but remained silent.

“I have issues recalling the specifics of the dreams and I would rather not explore them at this point. It has nothing to do with trust,” he said stiffly. He did trust her. He trusted her with more than he was comfortable with and he wasn’t sure why he bothered.

“You’re not alone anymore, Malavai. If you ever want to explore the dreams, I’m here. We can do a guided meditation together. Anything to help, just tell me.”

“In the dreams,” he started quietly. She looked at him intently and he looked away, opting to stare at the grey sheets instead. “In the dreams there is an attack. Someone close to me dies and my son is kidnapped by slavers. He dies in the slave pens and I fall so far from grace I become another man entirely.”

“That’s terrible, Malavai,” Jaesa said quietly. She reached for him and gently cupped his cheek in her hand. He dragged his eyes from the grey of the covers to the soft brown of her eyes. She smiled. “It’s alright. It was a dream and not all dreams need to come true.”

He closed his eyes and leaned his head into her hand. The gesture was more affectionate than Jaesa was expecting. He had been so reserved lately, so cautious, as if he were scared that any speck of emotion fluttering from him would be his end. Even in private he was quiet and thinking. Always thinking. Maybe he was finally coming around, finally reacting to her small, but affectionate gestures. Maybe he finally realized she was his ally. Maybe, she dared to hope, he was starting to return her affections.

“Stay,” he said, his voice shaky and low.

“Malavai, I haven’t slept in –”

“Lie down with me and sleep.” He opened his eyes halfway and focused on her. “Just sleep, nothing more.”

“And you trust me not to take advantage of you?” she asked lightly.

“Yes,” he breathed, his voice dangerously low, “yes, I trust you.”

That sentence, that declaration of trust sent a jolt speeding down her spine and straight to places she didn’t want to admit had any part in this discussion. She stood from the bed and moved around to the other side, removing her clothing as she went. She couldn’t stop the shaking in her hands nor her racing thoughts, but she was satisfied with the knowledge that, if anything happened, it would be with him.

He quietly watched her through half-lidded eyes as she slowly removed her outer robes. He wasn’t sure what the right path was, but the lead up to the end of his dream showed him something wonderful. He wanted that something wonderful. He wanted her. When she climbed into bed and faced him instead of turning her back to him to be held, he knew there was a chance. Slowly, he slid down to the bed and turned on his side to face her. He balanced himself on his elbow and waited. He wanted to give her time to turn away or verbally reject him. When she smiled that small knowing, but shy smile he moved closer to her. Their bodies were close enough to feel the heat from the other, but not close enough to touch. He wanted to ask her if this was what she wanted, but, before he could, the impatient woman grabbed his free shoulder and launched her face at his. There a bit of uncomfortable fumbling and quite a few feminine giggles before they settled into a comfortable pattern of kissing and exploring. It wasn’t long before they intertwined their bodies, becoming one for a moment that was all too brief, but wholly satisfying. When their all too brief joining came to an end, he held her close to his chest and twined their fingers together. It wasn’t the same, but this holding of hands was far more intimate than any other he had experienced prior. It both thrilled and frightened him.

Notes:

A small skip in time.

Edited by irishfino

• 2 weeks later...

Polarity Shift

Cerrill felt the change in the air before Jadus did. She knew exactly what it meant. She drew on the memory of being fourteen again with Malavai and Pemeri and Teala and the experiments. They hadn’t programmed her just yet. No, they were saving her for later.

She was brought in to be the critical eye that monitored Malavai up close, but that annoying green Twi’lek made that nearly impossible. She knew. She knew exactly what Cerrill was up to and did her damnedest to keep her out of the loop. But, when Malavai was fourteen, things changed. She felt the shift in the air before the others could register the change and it was only the beginning.

“Malavai,” Cerrill said quietly in greeting.

He was seated at a table, hunched over slightly. He looked up from his morning survey at the sound of her voice and grinned. “Cerrill.”

“How are you this morning?”

“Seven bee,” he replied as he returned his attention to his datapad.

She smiled. “That good? That’s wonderful.”

“Yes,” he drawled, “it’s very wonderful.”

She arched a brow. “Did something happen last night?”

He shrugged dismissively and continued his survey. She studied him for a moment too long and was rewarded with a slight glare.

“Tell me, Cerrill,” he started as set his datapad on the table and turned his head up fully, “have you ever had sex?”

She sputtered and blushed a pleasing shade of cerulean. “N-no, of course not! I’m – I’m not even fifteen yet.”

“Fifteen Imperial years or Chiss years?”

“Imperial,” she replied quietly. “My sister taught me how to do the conversion.”

“I’m surprised Pemeri bothered.”

“She wants me to fit in. I’m alien enough without using non-Imperial terms or measurements.”

“You even have a bit of the local dialect.”

“A little.” She paused and shifted her feet. “So – so why did you ask me about – about that?”

“Sex?” he asked with a grin. She nodded and blushed a darker shade of indigo. “I tried a bit last night. With an alien, no less.”

“How does one ‘try a bit of sex’?”

“Close the door and I’ll show you.”

Yes, the shift in the air was very familiar to her. And, soon, he would feel it too. She couldn’t wait for the fun to begin anew.

She quickly prepared for her day and assumed her position at Jadus’ side. She couldn’t wait to tell him the news. His plan, his glorious plan for a new Empire under a new Emperor would progress significantly today. She was giddy with excitement. It began today.

“He has claimed the Jedi girl,” Jadus said. He was keenly aware of everything that happened on this ship. Nothing passed through his vision. Nothing.

“Yes, my Lord,” Cerrill chirped excitedly.

“He will awaken in an hour. Bring him to me.”

“Yes, my Lord.”

Notes:

NSP is coming to its end. I'm winding it up in order to wind it down. Moving toward the climax, as it is.

I thought NSP would end quite a bit ago and it kept going. I planned on making it a bit longer, but it appears to be reaching its natural end.

I might actually complete a story for once!

Three hours later, the Dominator exploded above the skies of Dromund Kaas.

Notes:

Thus ends NSP.

Before I'm hanged, I do have plans for what happens after this, but it will take a little bit to get there. I'll be posting a new thread that shares a connection with this story, but is a good twenty four years later.

Bear with me. :D

[writes notes longer than ending; scumbag author]

• 4 weeks later...

Brilliant story. I stayed up till nearly 6 am to finish it.

Thank you so much for writing this fanfiction! I adore my sith warrior and his band of companions. This kind of story takes them places I never dreamed of. I also really enjoy the tie in with the agent story.

Congratulations on finishing a story - I know that is difficult. I was a beta-reader/editor for a long fanfiction story that the author never finished, she got stuck ... great until then, but I know how difficult it can be to get past blocks, at least second-hand.