Didn't you guys ever hear of a back round down loader?

Nijraw

Guild wars used it from the start... but there is one big issue with it....

Load times between areas...

if you didn't have the game patch fully installed.. in some areas it would take up to 3 mins to load!!!!

Wich was a pain when you where in a group

It took blizzard 5 1/2 years to impliment that. Give bioware time.

Sorry I just really dislike this sort of response.

Just because phones didn't have internet access or cameras on them ten years ago, doesn't mean new phones shouldn't have them now.

Stop comparing products to something from years ago. Compare them to current products.

It took blizzard 5 1/2 years to impliment that. Give bioware time.

Actually Rift has it now and that game is only coming up to being a year old.

And yes, load times can be horrible on new/updated areas but mainly with "screen lag" and certainly not in the minutes. In fact, Rift never had any of the load time problems that SWTOR has. Apart from the initial game load, transit between "zones" is pretty seamless. I've been hating the loading screens between planets in this game since I started playing it, and to be honest I think it is an area that needs some major improvement.

Yeah, some games do it better than others. Some without taking the servers down. This game does seem a bit excessive to take it down for 4 hours once or twice a week for a small patch. Then again I'm sure that's not all they're doing when the servers go down.

Maybe if/when they start consolidating servers down to like half it would be less intrusive. I know they do it during non-peak times but it does suck because I'm on a work nights kind of clock and it's primetime for me. Not to mention Mondays and Tuesdays are my "weekend" and they seem to want to do this stuff every Tuesday. My o9nly hope is less patches I guess or them getting faster at doing maintenence.