Priority Targets missions are now worthless at lower levels

Posting this thread will probably compound the problem even more, but at the same time may open the devs eyes to fix it or at least make it not profitable for the few that know only.

The World Bosses mainly drop loot now that is Binds on Equip rather than Binds on Pickup. I am sure this was so that when a boss drops loot that no one in party can use at least it could be given to a guild mate or sold to someone that can use it.

Problem now is, the lower level WBs can be soloed by 50s easily. There have been several times I have seen a WB up...and this is mainly on the Republic side...and have tried to do a party form in general chat and a 50 runs in and kills it, won't even accept party invites, even telling them you just what the mission credit, because of their greed to get the items and sell them on the GTN.

So now we have the dilemma of no one will ever get credit for a lower end Priority Targets mission unless they in a huge guild that always has several members on or a 50 to run to them and help, or face it, you aren't getting credit for it until is is well into gray and you can solo it yourself.

Possible fixes:

1) Make the equipment back to Binds on Pickup...if want make it Binds to Legacy on Pickup if want to make it more usable by those that kill the thing.

2) Level restrictions on killing WBs that you need to be within 10 levels of it or are ineligible to attack it.

3) Minimum group level. Say you have to have a full party at least to attack it, or you are ineligible to attack.

4th fix...Just get rid of Priority Targets missions as they have become worthless at the lower levels.

Possible fixes:

1) Make the equipment back to Binds on Pickup...if want make it Binds to Legacy on Pickup if want to make it more usable by those that kill the thing.

2) Level restrictions on killing WBs that you need to be within 10 levels of it or are ineligible to attack it.

3) Minimum group level. Say you have to have a full party at least to attack it, or you are ineligible to attack.

All this fixes aren't very well thought through.

Here is a fix that works better:

redesign the bosses so that you need at least 5 people to complete it (bossmechanics that otherwise one-shot even lvl 50ies)

I love doing world bosses, I always join groups even though I'm not even doing the mission. Especially the Coruscant one, proximity lazer makes it actually exiting.

Level restriction wouldn't be good, how about high level people who want to help a wb group? Some kind of group size resteriction could be nice, but the size of the group could be a problem. I mean, what if I want to do a wb at a time where there just are not a lot of people online at all? Now you can do several wbs with smaller groups if you just have level 50 on your group.

Hmm so you have failed to provide any valid reasons the these missions are worthless at low levels. The provide loot, xp, and codex...what more do you need? The reality is that, yes, it can be annoying when 50s kill a WB, but it's their kill as much as yours. Sure, maybe there should be better systems in place to make things more orderly, but it's working just fine as it is. 50s have almost no incentive to go and kill these WBs (codex's only really), so they won't be compelled to do so. If a 50 is farming this for the loot, they're very stupid.

Your best bet to getting these completed is to join a leveling guild and get groups together outside of general.

All this fixes aren't very well thought through.

redesign the bosses so that you need at least 5 people to complete it (bossmechanics that otherwise one-shot even lvl 50ies)

Read number 3..minimum group...

I have done these stupid quests enough times and not once did i win the loot rolls, so i never bother anymore, its just a waste of time, just like most, if not all the heroics in this game, the effort required never equals the rewards given for its completion.

Hmm so you have failed to provide any valid reasons the these missions are worthless at low levels. The provide loot, xp, and codex...what more do you need? The reality is that, yes, it can be annoying when 50s kill a WB, but it's their kill as much as yours. Sure, maybe there should be better systems in place to make things more orderly, but it's working just fine as it is. 50s have almost no incentive to go and kill these WBs (codex's only really), so they won't be compelled to do so. If a 50 is farming this for the loot, they're very stupid.

Your best bet to getting these completed is to join a leveling guild and get groups together outside of general.

They don't provide anything for the levels they are intended to if you HAVE to go outside of general all the time. Before this change in loot, you saw general messages up all the time forming WB groups...now only those that haven't learned yet still do. As like today...someone said "If anyone is forming to kill the WB I will go" I rushed to the scene to confirm...and sure enough...a 50 showed up. I asked to join JUST for credit...he could have changed the loot spec to master loot to keep his trinkets. And aren't pubs supposed to be the "good" guys? I get more cooperation on my Imp toons. He told me to form a group. I replied what good would that do as it won't be back for several hours and to try is to invite another 50 to come kill it. H gave a LOL and put me on ignore. Priority Targets I is already green to me now...by the time it shows up again...it will be gray. Hence worthless.

I have done these stupid quests enough times and not once did i win the loot rolls, so i never bother anymore, its just a waste of time, just like most, if not all the heroics in this game, the effort required never equals the rewards given for its completion.

Another possibility could be changing them to be like the WBs for the Gree event. Where everyone at least gets a Favor item on top of the loot rolls. Or 5 comms for the planet or something.

That is wild.Today was the first time I did one in a long time.The one on Repub Taris.It will be along time before I do another.1330 and something xp plus 350 credits..woohoo.The drops werent many or worth the effort.I could do a strong for close to that.Drops not the same but as usual I didnt get anything.As did many others.Just the way it is set up..oh well

Is there any way to find out the locations of priority targets I-III objectives? I'd like to get those codex entries, but I somehow missed these missions during leveling and now I don't have it on mission terminal. Edited by zzoorrzz

Best option would be to have all world bosses do/take damage scaled to the level of the player. Basically a "bolster" for world boss fights. You attack the boss, get a "bolster" buff, loose the buff if you go more than 50-60m from the boss. Then, they'd be a challenge for any level player.

The next issue would be to actually make killing them desirable. As it stands, other than the codex there isn't much point. Travel time sucks to just about all the locations they spawn and the rewards would need to be meaningful to a Level 20 and a Level 50 (pets, mounts, uniquely skinned gear?)

• 1 month later...
You could also simply take away all loot and XP they give and let them be there only for the codex entry and as targets for the priority quests. No XP and loot = no farming. Simple.

Anyone who's doing world bosses solo, is not doing it for XP. They are there for two reasons: loot drops to sell; and the weekly quest.

I agree that I think this is a problem because on nearly every world; there's someone camping the world boss 24/7. (Though I find Tatooine the worst; that boss is camped 24/7 no joke).

What needs to happen is either the mechanics need to change so that way a minimum # of people are required....

OR....and here's a great idea....

Negative Bolster: Yes, When engaging a world boss, have the world boss affect anyone in combat with the WB with a negative bolster mechanic where if you are over the "suggested level" of the boss, he will bolster your main stats down to that level. Problem solved; level 50's can now try to solo him, but probably won't be able to as their stats will be down to on par with that world boss. I honestly think this is the best solution though I don't know how easy it would be to fix. This would really solve all the problems in one fell swoop though.

don't you get kill credit if you just hit the boss a few times? I mean you don't get loot, naturally, but I know that when I was doing microbinoculars chain, I saw some people killing wb in that area of Dromuund Kaas, so I threw a few lightnings their way and bam, I got a codex entry for killing it. obviously it wasn't tagged by me, since I got there when it was already half dead, and I wasn't grouped with them at the time.

so if you are doing it for priority targets quest, then...

• 4 months later...

A better fix -- and one that would be useful elsewhere in the game -- would be to implement the same sort of scaling mechanic that City of Heroes implemented for giant monsters and zone events -- regardless of their actual level, the mobs would scale the damage done and received as if you were the same level as they were. So, for example, if you were a level-50 character joining in on the fighting from a retaliatory raid by the Rikti after another group completed a Lady Grey Task Force, the Rikti that appear in the raid might be level 30, but you'd attack and be attacked by them as if they were level 50, doing and receiving damage proportionately. This would also have the effect of making world boss fights much more significant, as having one or two level-55 characters on the team would no longer be a sinecure of success.

There are reasons that a level 50-55 do these.

There is a weekly quest that gives comms for killing 3 World Bosses and while it may not be important to the lower levels the comms are important to them. They need them for better gear.

Though from my memory I think the lowest boss that is on the quest is the one in Nar Shadda.

So they may not be doing it for the items, they may be doing them for their weekly.

Of course, some could be doing it for the loot but considering there is a weekly quest for comms I would say this is more likely.

Ummm... you should really try doing things you enjoy, it makes life a lot better. Instead of trying to win win win get get get