So, er, is everyone Sith?

Deimias

My impressions from the forums... are that most people are Sith. People say Sith storylines are better, people use the sith equivalents of classes to refer to them, I've even read that Sith character animations are better! (my jugg disagrees though)

So, are you Sith? And should I bother going Pub (I want to see all the class quests)?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but dark side is strong here :D Everyone want to be strong uber and op and powerful etc which equals Sith. And Jedis are peaceful plants ^^. I like Sith stories a bit more, cooler evil choices.

Animations? Depends, Jedi Smash > Sith smash etc.. Republics might have a bit more healers and tanks, hard to prove : ) i am reaching here. I hated sith mentality in the WZs.

Edited by Loladarulz

I prefer Republic side honestly, for the sheer fact that it's portrayed as a bit of an underdog in the game. (Lots of story and even environment things contribute to this). Add to the fact that it's less played, and I'm sold.

Why? I guess it feels more heroic to be a more disorganized resistance against an onslaught of more organized enemies. What each side stands for actually doesn't matter so much to me.

If the sith were less played than the republic, felt like they got the shaft in gear and animations, and were trying to take on a more powerful entity than themselves, then I'd probably prefer that faction. (I played Horde in Vanilla WoW partially because they were outnumbered by Alliance 2:1 on my PVP server.)

But honestly, OP - just play both.

Edited by Stenrik

Empire is pretty friggin' great. You're definitely the bad guys (space nazis ruled by overemotional superpowered manchildren rarely get to be the heroes), but everyone always thinks the villain is cooler anyway.

That said, there's some worthwhile content on Republic. Especially if you're darkside. ;)

(Except the Consular, don't be a DS Consular, they didn't finish writing that story.)

My impressions from the forums... are that most people are Sith. People say Sith storylines are better, people use the sith equivalents of classes to refer to them, I've even read that Sith character animations are better! (my jugg disagrees though)

So, are you Sith? And should I bother going Pub (I want to see all the class quests)?

I would gladly move to a Jedi if I had a hood toggle. I raid hard with my republic guild but i still spend more time with my sith because of lack of it.

The Empire-side storylines seem to give more options for it's characters. I've only played Smuggler and Trooper Republic-side (rest are Empire) but the Trooper storyline gets on my nerves. I'm told Act 2 and 3 are better, but all the super pro-Republic crap makes me want to punch a puppy. The Republic is corrupt and the Trooper... well the Trooper sees the true colors of things early on. Yet you can't do much about it, at least not right away, it's all goody-goody crap.

Empire-side, you have options of being decent or a total terror early on up until the story completes. Plus, the ships look better...

It's like this:

-Republic has better class stories, IMO

-Sith is more fun to play. Kinda like Horde on WoW...everyone wants to be on the bad side because its 'cool'.

-Don't bother being Republic if you plan on using that toon to PVP once you hit level 50. PVP is dominated by Imp premades. As a Pub...Play 10 games, lose 9 of them. And I'm not kidding. (On PO5 at least)

-If you don't PVP, by all means roll Republic!

The Empire-side storylines seem to give more options for it's characters. I've only played Smuggler and Trooper Republic-side (rest are Empire) but the Trooper storyline gets on my nerves. I'm told Act 2 and 3 are better, but all the super pro-Republic crap makes me want to punch a puppy. The Republic is corrupt and the Trooper... well the Trooper sees the true colors of things early on. Yet you can't do much about it, at least not right away, it's all goody-goody crap.

Empire-side, you have options of being decent or a total terror early on up until the story completes. Plus, the ships look better...

Yeah my BH is level 30... my trooper got to level 6 before being deleted. What an absolute snoozefest. Even his tone is so polite when he's being mean.... it's just frustrating.

My impressions from the forums... are that most people are Sith.

Forums are a nexus of dark side energy. All that rage, hate, and tears. So it's natural there will be plenty of them.

people use the sith equivalents of classes to refer to them

Either Imperials can't understand Republic names, so all people that want to be understood use imperial equivalents, or in some cases imperial names are easier/shorter to write, or can be shortened.

If you like torture, enjoy genocides, are fond of committing atrocities, wet your pants when you hear the word extermination, then yes, the Sith are for you.

But I play my CM Commando 99% of the time :(:p

====================================================

But yeah, the kiddies love their uber sith lightning spam.

I have never played evil characters before. So I started a neutral/light Republic smuggler. It did not feel right to me. It's not the danger, or being an underdog, more like sad, disorganized corruption and futility. It feels not like fighting a heroic battle against all odds, but like missing a project deadline. So I rolled a Sith Warrior and got hooked into the hammy, melodramatic Dark Side stories. You can be a sociopath... It's a totally novel experience for me, and it touched me deeply.

I do have alts for all the other stories, which I am slowly exploring. But I find the Republic side harder to deal with. My trooper is Light Side - how is he supposed to react to, say, Belsavis?! The psychologically sound response is that he becomes totally neurotic. Between a neurotic and a sociopath, the later is more fun to play.

hmmm, hmm, hmmmmmmmm..

i tried all options, but somehow was not very much impressed by Sith stories yet.

Republic seems more powerful and more "elaborated". At least we have decent spaceports and cities, Imps seem to be just in an "attack" phase with few established outposts that provide little (if any) chill-out places.

You just cannot walk in the Anchorhead being an Imp. You cannot visit Senate Plaza.

Being Rep you cannot walk on Droumnd Kaas, but as I said elsewhere is just a wasteland with no real town establishments.

Besides, that feeling of forging your own lightsaber on Tython... nerdgasm :)

I'm playing Sith now, but my mains for most of the game have been Republic. I'm just trying to get through all the class stories. It's true though, that all the classes on Empire had are more interesting than some on Republic, like, Trooper is the last class I'd want to play because it looks so boring. Same with Smuggler. The highest one I leveled was in his 20's, and I only got him that far because I was playing alongside my boyfriend. Whereas Bounty Hunter and Agent are some of the funnest classes I've played.

It's all perspective, though. Play what you like. That's the best thing about this game. Not one class is better than the other.