Add the Star Fortress to Group finder

I'm perfectly capable of soloing the Star Fortresses on heroic on my tank using a healer companion,... but it is very slow and very tedious to do so due to our combined overall lack of DPS. So I do what any right-thinking player would do: I advertise on Odessan to see if there are any players interested in contributing DPS to help speed things along.

My success rate for finding help is 50% so far (4 tries, 2 successes). Now mind you this is asking for a specific Star Fortress Heroic for the series of "free the planet" missions you get post-chapter-9. So that is a consideration.

The bigger problem is that people who might be interested could easily be on any of a number of other worlds running heroics and thus unable to hear my request for more DPS.

Alternatively one could join a guild large enough to have potentially interested people on at the right times. Rather unfortunate for newer/smaller guilds or for the otherwise guildless-by-choice types.

• 5 months later...
So at this point most players are done with their "free the planet" quests so finding anyone who wants to run star fortress flashpoints is pretty difficult... this seriously needs to be added to the group finder. That being said I do not understand why it was not added in the first place.

Guys, read the weird people thread, then tell me you still want DSF missions in GF, because the people they are describing are the people you'll be DSFing with. I soloed them, once each, because once I discovered I was good enough to do it, I wasn't about to let anyone from that thread make it impossible, nor was I going to carry a bunch of losers.

Guys, read the weird people thread, then tell me you still want DSF missions in GF, because the people they are describing are the people you'll be DSFing with. I soloed them, once each, because once I discovered I was good enough to do it, I wasn't about to let anyone from that thread make it impossible, nor was I going to carry a bunch of losers.

I wouldn't worry a ton, the star fortresses are so much easier than all the other tacticals ;)

I prefer a different option ... have the heroic modes as a standalone and NOT A REQUIREMENT for the Star Fortress companions. Way to tedious to try and group and I prefer to get them fast. And last two times I wanted an SF run, they said sure ... if we do mine first. So I helped them out with theirs ... they just plain leave after their run. Could be my fault for assuming they would stick around.

Plus on low pop servers like ToFN, making the SF companions non heroic recruitable would be a HUGE Quality of Life improvement.

As to your idea ... don't think it will solve much.