So... which classes and ACs are FOTM in 5.3?

Cretinus

Merc have lost their FOTM-ness, DPS sorcs are still crap, healer sorcs are now average, the kiddie-melee train is as it was before.... snipers perhaps? Or is the game now balanced and all classes are equally strong?

:confused::confused::confused:

Edited by Cretinus

Merc is still strong, Sniper is still strong.

Marauder is in a good place if you don't suck completely.

Juggernaut is still a great go to for regs.

Assassin is a tiny bit better than before.

I'd then put the remaining into the same pool.

Conclusion i'd still say Merc and Sniper, maybe Sin soon, but not certain until we get more class changes.

Dps sorcs are crap but the heavy handed DPS nerf to mercs means it's now possible for a Lightning sorc to out dps a merc :eek:

I've been gearing mine up, in a mix of 236 and 242 I manage to do pretty well in either spec, it's also fun 1v1ing the guys who decided to reroll mercs at the wrong time, since you can beat them on dps sorcs now.

Mara's are pretty strong atm imo.

Like I have always said any class and spec can shine if a player has mastered it and can adept to changes. That goes for pve and pvp. Fotm is a biased opinion of people who feel a class is played because a class is stronger than all classes for a moment. What is funny is in all my eyes in mmos not 1 class ruled them all..

Things are starting to look pretty good balance wise already. The classes with good dcds dp less dps. Sorcs are still top dog healers, maras are still top melee dps and group buffing class, and snipers for ranged unless your sorc healer is crap then take a merc. But most importantly the gap has closed.

People cry merc because they haven't worked out that so many classes a reflect bubble now because they play a sorc and get total immunity instead while they are being healed and after the bubble is finished. Stop cracking the rocks together and use Aoe.

PS PT's are still bottom of the dcd tree so they don't count.

PPS it's me that Icy and warrior are crying about because so many times I have proved they haven't got a clue. They list sorc defences as merc only. Warrior plays mara only on an empty server, and Icy has 48 alts and has only played lightening sorc, has unsubbed 8 times already this year, can't count or do simple math, believes a sorc should take 40 hits in 20 secs and is still bottom of the dcd tree, answers every post in the forums with complete drivel, has single handidly wiped cheating from swtor, invented the question mark, and would you believe it is a wise woman to a small village in Peru while playing swtor 18 hours a day. Only 2 of these things she hasn't really claimed.

Edited by Purgamentorum

Mercenaries, as is the norm. Can't beat that defense.

Maybe Marauder a bit too, Fury is a pretty easy spec to play at most levels but I do often see a lot of Sentinels/Marauders who perform incredibly poorly in PvP matches (myself included), so I wouldn't say they're FotM. Also nerf operatives

Merc have lost their FOTM-ness, DPS sorcs are still crap, healer sorcs are now average, the kiddie-melee train is as it was before.... snipers perhaps? Or is the game now balanced and all classes are equally strong?

:confused::confused::confused:

This game and classes will never be balanced till they Give VG DPS survivability. IDC what you all think. Look at the list of ranking other players put up of which class is better than the other. Note no one makes mention of the VG. The Dps spec needs better defenses and the tank spec needs a complete over haul to even make it worth playing at all. Look at the mission que. As soon as they see a VG que for the tank role every one aborts. Im just good at it cause I been playing it since beta. But even still the best VG is just there to making dying look good.

I can't find an actually FOTM class at the moment. Yes mercs have many lives, but I can definitely feel they have been neutered in the DPS department.

It would be easier to list the worst classes:

PT (all specs perhaps with the exception of a skank tank)

Sorcerer (both DPS specs. A very good madness sorc can irritate people for sure, but they are terrible under pressure)

Juggernauts (Excellent damage in both DPS disciplines, but they need better defenses. Especially for ranked)

The worst classes for me to face are dps juggernauts and marauders. They have a lot of upfront damage that can be hard to facetank on any class. Mercs on the other hand simply takes a long time to grind down, sorta like an actual tank but with slightly better damage. Sins are only a problem when they have Force Shroud up, but as long as you can wait it out, their remaining defenses are kind weak.

The coming changes to the remaining classes will tell us where to look. If marauders gets nerfed, and con-ops goes free, then the new meta might be stealth. I hope not being a stealth class myself at the moment, but I am already seeing quite a few ops and sins about. But then again.... if they completely change utilities afterwards, well, everything will be up in the air.

TL;DR: Current FOTM are Mercs, good Eng-snipers, DPS juggers, marauders, con-ops, deception sins and silly madness sorcerers (seeing quite a few mad-sorcs)

PPS it's me that Icy and warrior are crying about because so many times I have proved they haven't got a clue. They list sorc defences as merc only. Warrior plays mara only on an empty server, and Icy has 48 alts and has only played lightening sorc, has unsubbed 8 times already this year, can't count or do simple math, believes a sorc should take 40 hits in 20 secs and is still bottom of the dcd tree, answers every post in the forums with complete drivel, has single handidly wiped cheating from swtor, invented the question mark, and would you believe it is a wise woman to a small village in Peru while playing swtor 18 hours a day. Only 2 of these things she hasn't really claimed.

Laughed myself to tears.

If I had to ponder a random guess....

If august brings pts a cast off cd from mercs, pts will become the new fotm. incredible staying power, great burst, easy rotation, and with a h2f hand me down from merc, pt are easily in line for fotm

If pt doesnt get a hand me down dcd I bet the new fotm will be either lethality op or fury mara.

If I had to ponder a random guess....

If august brings pts a cast off cd from mercs, pts will become the new fotm. incredible staying power, great burst, easy rotation, and with a h2f hand me down from merc, pt are easily in line for fotm

If pt doesnt get a hand me down dcd I bet the new fotm will be either lethality op or fury mara.

This could be the winner. Except lethality will knocked off top spot dps wise.

I reckon the class we will see the most difference between good players and bad players is mara. Carnage and Fury should get a little boost in the next round. They said they want parse dps at +2.5% of average for melee. Maybe Fury will even return to being an aoe spec. Whatever happens the next round will hopefully be well thought out because the hard bit with utilities comes after.

I can't find an actually FOTM class at the moment. Yes mercs have many lives, but I can definitely feel they have been neutered in the DPS department.

It would be easier to list the worst classes:

PT (all specs perhaps with the exception of a skank tank)

Sorcerer (both DPS specs. A very good madness sorc can irritate people for sure, but they are terrible under pressure)

Juggernauts (Excellent damage in both DPS disciplines, but they need better defenses. Especially for ranked)

The worst classes for me to face are dps juggernauts and marauders. They have a lot of upfront damage that can be hard to facetank on any class. Mercs on the other hand simply takes a long time to grind down, sorta like an actual tank but with slightly better damage. Sins are only a problem when they have Force Shroud up, but as long as you can wait it out, their remaining defenses are kind weak.

The coming changes to the remaining classes will tell us where to look. If marauders gets nerfed, and con-ops goes free, then the new meta might be stealth. I hope not being a stealth class myself at the moment, but I am already seeing quite a few ops and sins about. But then again.... if they completely change utilities afterwards, well, everything will be up in the air.

TL;DR: Current FOTM are Mercs, good Eng-snipers, DPS juggers, marauders, con-ops, deception sins and silly madness sorcerers (seeing quite a few mad-sorcs)

On the one hand dps guardians are among the 3 worst and on the other we're fotm? I'm confused lol. I don't see how we're remotely good enough to be fotm with defensives being what they are in dps spec. The only possible fotm for guardians is skanking. And I really doubt madness sorcs are anywhere near fotm.

On the one hand dps guardians are among the 3 worst and on the other we're fotm? I'm confused lol. I don't see how we're remotely good enough to be fotm with defensives being what they are in dps spec. The only possible fotm for guardians is skanking. And I really doubt madness sorcs are anywhere near fotm.

Your confusion is valid, so I will try to explain.

Juggernauts are one of the first classes to be targeted in ranked, as they simple have to remain in place and take the beating. Sure they can try to run a bit or use LOS, but mostly they will remain in place and burn through their DCDs quickly. I mean, Enraged Defense basically have to be combined with Saber Ward in order not to die to focus fire, and that only leaves reflect. Only PT's are currently weaker. For this reason they are one of the worst classes at the moment.

In normal warzones they are doing quite a bit better, and often gets top damage in all specs. This, however, does not mean they are overpowered like Mercs or Eng-snipers used to be, but I am always seeing quite a lot of them, so a better term for Juggs would be popular rather than FOTM.

As for madness sorcs I was just commenting on the uptick in their numbers. Undoubtedly cause by the recent changes and a desire for people to test them out. As with Juggs they are certainly not OP in any way, but they are popular at the moment.

I hope that made better sense :)

TL;DR: Semantics.

Juggs are awesome in regs, not so much in ranked (except maybe skank tank which can make all the difference considering you have technically 3 dps/ 1 with tank skills) - you can run easily 4 mio+ damage survive quite a bit on your own - and then you usually have 1 - 2 healers who will keep you up and of course you won't get focused in regs as hard as in ranked due to the fact that people usually go for the healer - objectives etc.

And yeah i don't really agree with the madness stuff - yeah sure they are certainly not fotm but since patch you don't have force issues at all and if you actually pay attention to who is getting close to you - using electric binding/whirlwind etc you can be really good in terms of preassuring the enemy healer and get some decent numbers.

The other day i managed to get 4 mil damage in one wz and 0 deaths and usually I end up at least top 5 in dps terms soo, maybe not fotm but very decent.

People are mainly just crying a lot because they are still used to the OP status of sorc in what was it 4.0? And yeah it's not anymore but it's certainly far from bad either.

Wish you a lovely day o/

There's a lot of hate for guardians/juggs. Don't get me wrong, I die in 4s, and usually first.... but I spec:

Rage generates when attacked

ravage roots for 3 seconds

force charge grants no knockback

(the 8 rage ability, I forget what its called) grants a movement purge an 50% speed boost

(this one is a tossup, I often go back an forth) root on saber throw or endure pain (? the one that grants 30% hp tempt) cleanse or threatening scream grants team an absorb shield.

Enrage def 50% movement speed an root immunity (I use it once white barred)

Reflect grants 2 more secs (it does something else... but eh.)

finally: mad dash purges movement impair and increases its dmg by 50% additionaly cutting its cd by 15 seconds.

my jugg build focuses movement purge because I believe it is the number one jugg killer in ranked, lack of mobility. this build has consistently made my death take longer than many jugg I have fought against or with.

*build is for vengeance jugg spec.

You've proved literally, not one single thing, on any subject, ever.

And last time I checked the Shadowlands wasn't an empty server.

Even if it was an empty server, it would still prove nothing.

There is only one thing in this game that proves anything, and that is cold hard numbers. If you are not using verifiable numbers [for argument sake will say that screenies are, if we say that any one can photoshop etc, than the only thing that could be used and is the other 'verifiable' source I was going to site are parses]. Screenies/Parses, or it didn't happen.

I have plenty of both.

Please stop talking like you have some moral highground or inside knowledge about a friggen thing. You're like me, and most of us all, a geek. If superiority is your goal, screenies or parses, or it's all just hot friggen air.

Why on earth you think you are in a position to be judging others is beyond me, Prove some sht, or tell it to your imaginary girlfriend/ewok doll.

You have yet to impress me in any regard, and Icy is worth three of you.

It's a video game, you know, like Pac-man. Get a grip, and lose the cheery already. The virginity is blaring.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx