Most Mobile Build

CommanderNarco

Heya! I'm lvling a sniper and want him to be as mobile as possible, which skill tree b/t marksman and engineering offers the most mobility? Thanks in advance! :D

Lethality is the most mobile....hands down. After that, I'd go with Eng, but it's close to being on par with MM in regards to the lack of mobility.

What exactly do you want form a mobile spec? Lethality's "mobility" is just being able to spam 2 DoTs on the move. That's it. You cannot Cull, you cannot SoS.

In terms of damage done while mobile, MM is wayyy ahead with Instant Snipes and FT every 6s, it retains other instant attacks that othser specs have like grenades and takedown.

What exactly do you want form a mobile spec? Lethality's "mobility" is just being able to spam 2 DoTs on the move. That's it. You cannot Cull, you cannot SoS.

In terms of damage done while mobile, MM is wayyy ahead with Instant Snipes and FT every 6s, it retains other instant attacks that othser specs have like grenades and takedown.

Those 2 dots + weakening blast provide around 7.5 seconds of mobility before you go to cover for 6 seconds of Cull and SoS. Significantly more mobile than MM's main rotation.

Those 2 dots + weakening blast provide around 7.5 seconds of mobility before you go to cover for 6 seconds of Cull and SoS. Significantly more mobile than MM's main rotation.

I understand, but with MM on the move you can do some significant damage, with lethality you are restricted to to spamming DoTs, your takedown is weaker than MM takedown.

I understand, but with MM on the move you can do some significant damage, with lethality you are restricted to to spamming DoTs, your takedown is weaker than MM takedown.

restricted to to spamming DoTs

My dots tick crit for 800 - 1000 per tick and with 50% chance for them to crit that happens a lot (obviously depending on the target). You throw Weakening Blast and then Cull...that's some significant damage.

I'll be the first to admit that MM has some of the best burst in the game and doesn't require a set up like Lethality. However, I'll eat a MM sniper to pieces, because I can LoS him all day long while my dots are ticking for 800 - 1000 per. Jump out weakening blast, LoS again, jump out to cover to Cull, LoS again, watch my Dots tick off until Cull is ready, then BAM...Cull again.

My dots tick crit for 800 - 1000 per tick and with 50% chance for them to crit that happens a lot (obviously depending on the target). You throw Weakening Blast and then Cull...that's some significant damage.

I'll be the first to admit that MM has some of the best burst in the game and doesn't require a set up like Lethality. However, I'll eat a MM sniper to pieces, because I can LoS him all day long while my dots are ticking for 800 - 1000 per. Jump out weakening blast, LoS again, jump out to cover to Cull, LoS again, watch my Dots tick off until Cull is ready, then BAM...Cull again.

If your talking about PvP then Engy is the way to go you only need cover to drop sos and ep...

Back on topic... If you want mobility sadly snipers are not the class for you since some of our major hitting abilities comes from cover. For PvE all-around I would say MM-Engy hybrid is the best since you can have probe ticking on the move and have FT to burst with your instant snipe.

That is because you assume you have los and the mm sniper does not. Whoever has los opportunities, has the advantage, even MM. If your cull gets losed, you are not that far ahead.

Edited by NoTomorrow

However, I'll eat a MM sniper to pieces, because I can LoS him all day long while my dots are ticking for 800 - 1000 per. Jump out weakening blast, LoS again, jump out to cover to Cull, LoS again, watch my Dots tick off until Cull is ready, then BAM...Cull again.

Funny, I eat Lethality specs to pieces (even the good ones). Not a little afraid of them, though they can be a bit annoying. Even if they get first shots on me, I'll turn around and cream them 9/10 times as MM. If they LoS, I see if I can make them follow me into the open or a place for me to LoS them right back. If not I'll let them play their cat and mouse game while I focus on objectives instead ^^ Same thing I do against Madness Sorcs, just let them run around.. if they really want to kill me, then they have to come into my LoS where there is no escape!

MM is more mobile than Lethality, my reason is that your burst is dependent on Cull (perhaps SoS?) and that's it. Insta-Snipe->FT->(something) from around a corner is 4-8k+ damage in an instant. MM can be extremely mobile if you play it that way, but why would you?

Not being in cover basically makes you into an Arsenal Merc, which is bad ^^

PS. I love the Snipers that Cull/OS out of cover, it's hilarious and I'll make them pay for it every time hehe :)

MM is more mobile than Lethality,

I stopped really taking your post seriously when you said MM snipers are more mobile.

PS. I love the Snipers that Cull/OS out of cover, it's hilarious and I'll make them pay for it every time hehe :)

I laugh when I hear the comment above and my other favorite one is that OP healers will cleanse the dots off all the ppl you dot up. Once again, nice in theory or to post on the forums, but rarely happens. I can count on one hand the number of times someone has actually interrupted a Cull, but the number of ppl claiming to have interrupted Cull.....well, that's endless.

Take it as you want, I stand by my post. Yes, MM can be more mobile if you play the spec to it's maximum. What I mean is that the spec is so dependent on Cull, which is easily avoided by LoS or Evasion. 99% of the Lethality Snipers I meet pose almost no threat. I see it as a "dmg padding" spec, that's how seriously I take it in PvP.

The second part you just misunderstood, no good Sniper will use Cull/OS out of cover. It was meant as a funny thing that I encounter. I've met these noobs many times, they're prolly the same people posting and asking "for most mobile spec" when they really should be playing Sorcs instead. Cover is an advantage. Period.

Edited by Svii

I think they both come out pretty close to equal depending on which aspects you're meaning when you say "mobile".

In terms of PvE Lethality *feels* far more mobile and less cover-dependent. You're able to spend a good deal of time making slight adjustments to your positioning for no or almost no DPS loss, and on a fight like T&Z with a new tank it can be a pretty major difference from having to move too frequently with a MM spec. As far as actual numbers go though, either spec is just as capable as the other and neither is going to suffer too much from the infrequent movement that Ops require.

In terms of PvP I tend to think back and forth. Simplistically speakinng, if you consider 18-20 seconds a "rotation" for Lethality and compare it to MM, one third of your abilities can be used on the move and out of cover (either 3 DoTs/2 DoTs + WB and a Rifle Shot, or 3 FTs and a Rifle Shot). You could argue that MM has the added bonus that it can add insta-snipe into the mix if we're talking short burst movements (like at a node in Novare or Civil) at which point it comes out ahead, but if we're talking extended movement or chasing they won't even be able to proc their FTs, at which point Lethality is a clear winner. I think PvP is too situational to really have a clear-cut choice here, but I guess I'd say that if you have the upper hand and can choose your movements or targets, MM might have a slight edge, but if you're getting focused or losing I'd say Lethality lets you sustain more DPS under pressure.

On the other hand, what I really think of when I see mobility talked about in PvP is the ability to get around the map, and the only talent we even have that might come close to that is the speed boost in the Lethality tree, but that's pretty minimal.

As far as the interrupts or cleanses go, I've only ever seen one Lethality hybrid sniper dumb enough to *never* use cover with Cull, and I'd focus and interrupt him every time I was in range. In general though, a lot of people are probably more focused on healers so it's not surprising if you can get away with it, although I'm not sure why you would risk it. As far as OS, I probably interrupt at least one from an Operative or Sniper every game at South node on Novare, but I've never seen another class interrupt it (except on accident with a group stun or something). As far as cleanses, they really don't happen. In a way I can see why, since with PvP balanced the way it currently is it's a safer bet to simply use a heal instead of a GCD to cleanse (except on ball carriers on the ramps), but healers could probably get used to cleansing more often while on the move/run but they still don't then.

Does all this happen while their shield probe chews up your DoTs or a sorc/sage removes them? :)

Does all this happen while their shield probe chews up your DoTs or a sorc/sage removes them? :)

There are too many theorycrafters on these forums with no practical experience and not enough knowledge of class abilities.

1. Shield Probe is on a 45 sec cooldown (unless specced Lethality), and only absorbs around 2k damage as MM.

2. The only classes that can remove our dots are Operatives and Mercs.

I've honestly as Lethality never lost vs a MM sniper in a ranged duel, I would if said sniper was out in the open with no cover opportunities, but in that case any class bar assassins/operatives will loose, so pick another target. Also, due to the snare on Corrosive Grenade I feel Lethality is much more effective vs melee. Operatives especially become a non-issue.

Edited by LordExozone

ive recently started playing with a few different builds between mm or eng. some times i prefer engineering and when u get some leth sniper trying to los me bam plasma probe, bam os force the bugger out everytime.

i find engineering can be very mobile, well as mobile as a sniper can be lol

personally im not keen on playing leth, for me its mostly mm or engineering depending on my group set up.

1. Shield Probe is on a 45 sec cooldown (unless specced Lethality), and only absorbs around 2k damage as MM.

2. The only classes that can remove our dots are Operatives and Mercs.

To be fair, Shield Probe is a lot closer to 2.5k as MM or Lethality unless you're half naked. In my old mix of BM and MK-1 recruit gear mine is up at ~2.3k, and in PvE gear it reaches just under 2.8k (group buffs, no stim, no procs). A minor difference that doesn't really change the point of your post at all, but I figured someone might be interested in the numbers.

Edited by Synavix

Mabey a Strange qeustion but as a sniper you now your bet survive abilities and attacks are stationaire are the not? Why want to be mobile? If you want to be mobile i would say go Play marauder or something ^^

(Mara OP bull lol) I think the question of mobility is one of survivability. A person wants to be able to move to find a nice spot to do their dps. Lethality is the most mobile spec cause you dont have to use most of your abilities under cover (except when you use SoS and Ambush in your rotation). You can use all your starting abilities on the move with a shield probe up, then cast your Cull, and if you are in a good spot sit and finish your rotation or go find a new spot.

From observations MM is just a full "turret" spec but their tree I believe helps them stay stational a lot longer. They get the best use of the ballistic shield btwn MM and Lethality. Engineers i do believe have abilities in their tree that work better with BS and SP but I dont know enough of that tree to talk about it