Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

Is the next roadmap almost done? It's been so long without a word on the subject.:rak_03:

Considering they've sidelined all other communication here (no posts about the future of the game since the Fury/Concentration change was posted last week), it better be one damned impressive Roadmap. We still know absolutely nothing about their changes for Carnage/Combat, Concealment/Scrapper, or Medicine/Sawbones, and almost nothing about the upcoming Flashpoint or Stronghold except that trains are involved in both.

Class changes aside, the last major communication was Musco on 8/4 describing the UC changes. I was really hoping for more communication in the leadup to a major patch, not less. We knew what they were doing with all the class balancing in 5.3 weeks ahead of time - without three similar posts this week (which is still too close for comfort, even if all three got posted today), we're going into 5.4 totally blind on the changes to three specs.

Killin' meh :rak_04:

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the next roadmap almost done? It's been so long without a word on the subject.:rak_03:

The first one was released on 5/31/17. Keith stated that he would push us a revised one quarterly. Keith has committed to an update at the 3 month mark, and has reaffirmed this in his last comment on the topic.

Hence... expect a new roadmap push to players around the end of August.

I am hoping the trend of new strongholds will be continued and that we will see a lot more of them in the future! I really would love to see a Thranta-class/Terminus-class ship Stronghold be released for both individual players as well as guilds, so that for example a guild could build up a little fleet around their guildship! I also think a Korriban and Tython stronghold would be a great addition to the current collection, like a small Sith tomb on the former and a small Jedi cave for the latter. I really wouldn't be against smaller strongholds alongside all the gargantuan ones we have :) Edited by Ylliarus

I'd like to see some mini games. Something cool for pets like a 8m battle royal. Total random RNG on winners and what not. Basically like a roll. Would be fun if you could bet on it too! We could have little arena cages all over the fleet. I wouldn't mind seeing the same format with some kinda track racing. Maybe for the flying pets. We could do similar things with companions too. Give us some stuff to do in between ques. Like instead of mouse droids an walkers an stuff we could have pets like that and battle peeps on fleet or where ever. Maybe pick a companion and one of our mounts and watch them race it against other players.

And then some gambling mini games as well. I'm not big into the lore so i couldn't tell you the names but i hear talk of different card games and what not that could be played. The slot machines could use a reworking. Stuff like that. There's a lot of whales out there. Lets gamble some of those creds.

clap clap bioware.

and continue to stay silent until new super amzing communication, lol

worst society ever. ,may EA just fire you and give star wars liscence to capable/efficient persons.

if you like star wars world, just quit. but you're just slave of money. clap clap

ps : and give my sympathy to the new father, his contribution to the class balance since he's back is just amazing ! a 24h/24 investment for sure :rolleyes: i hope he'll make a new child as soon as possible to have some holidays after this huge piece of work :rak_03:

Edited by Thaladan

So where's the patch announcement, Bioware?

I mean, obviously, you gonna have to patch the game on next Tuesday, fixing the bugs in Umbara and finishing the SH (which i bet is not ready or bugged to hell, hence the sudden cap of Data no one ever mentioned before)

So where are the news about patch 5.4a, Keith, Eric, Boyd? I know you are all in permanent "we-don't-care-anymore" mode, but surely you are not that far gone that you wont patch at least something, right?

Right?:confused:

I think the Character Customiser really could use newly designed facial and complexion designs, because we have been looking at the same faces since the launch of this game and with all the enw designs we got with Lana, Theron, etc. etc. it would be amazing to have new faces designed and released for our characters too. There are especially some species like the Twi'lek who have a gross lack of facial designs. Currently the Twi'lek have very little variation whereas for example Humans have so many more facial designs. What I'd suggest is either adding the human faces also to the Twi'lek as a playable species or add newly designed faces to them.

It is now time to release the roadmap.

I want to play something new in september such as to face Nahut and recruit old companions back after 5 years of missing.

October is far away and we should play the new content 5.5 with Nahut in September.

Last year in september we played the HK-55 bonus chapter and I expect something new to come in September.

I don't like the silence again

I want to play something new in september such as to face Nahut and recruit old companions back after 5 years of missing.

October is far away and we should play the new content 5.5 with Nahut in September.

Last year in september we played the HK-55 bonus chapter and I expect something new to come in September.

Should be 1-2 weeks until the roadmap.

The thing about a 90 day road map is you put 90 days in the title. It shouldn't be a surprise when the 90 days is up.

Do the devs know what is happening in the next 90 days?

If so why does it take you over 90 days to articulate it?

Does Keith plan of giving us an excuse every 90 days?

If so why doesn't he just give us 2 excuses in this next road map and save himself the trouble?

It's time to release the Roadmap when it's ready to be released. Don't pressure Keith into hurrying, do you want a quality Roadmap or a hastily put together one with vague promises? The more time we give Keith to get the Roadmap together the longer he will have to discuss it with all the parties involved and find consensus. Remember, there are multiple parties involved in the releasing of a Roadmap, multiple parties have to be onboard for it. Unless Keith is going to pull a Palpatine with "I am the Senate!" he is not the only one who gets to decide what will be in the Roadmap and through it in the future of this game. So give him time and I promise you, it will be worth the wait :)

It's time to release the Roadmap when it's ready to be released. Don't pressure Keith into hurrying, do you want a quality Roadmap or a hastily put together one with vague promises? The more time we give Keith to get the Roadmap together the longer he will have to discuss it with all the parties involved and find consensus. Remember, there are multiple parties involved in the releasing of a Roadmap, multiple parties have to be onboard for it. Unless Keith is going to pull a Palpatine with "I am the Senate!" he is not the only one who gets to decide what will be in the Roadmap and through it in the future of this game. So give him time and I promise you, it will be worth the wait :)

Well said.

I believe this too.:rak_03:

The city on the hill in the distance on Umbarra........

Any chance that train will eventually stop and we'll be in a semi-hostile city looking for clues. Maybe the town is run by a cult of shadow assassins same ones attacking us through the flashpoint. The rep vendor there would have one of those Air speeders you see flying in the air past the train.

Any chance that train will eventually stop and we'll be in a semi-hostile city looking for clues. Maybe the town is run by a cult of shadow assassins same ones attacking us through the flashpoint. The rep vendor there would have one of those Air speeders you see flying in the air past the train.

That would be cool, though I feel like Umbara will be abruptly dumped like Iokath and the next update will be a different place where you are doing a different thing :/

That would be cool, though I feel like Umbara will be abruptly dumped like Iokath and the next update will be a different place where you are doing a different thing :/

This is probably the last item pre-expansion (don't know how big it is going to be). The story leads into it perfectly. There is an announcement coming Oct 6, IIRC. My guess is they are going to long tease Mar/April.

This is probably the last item pre-expansion (don't know how big it is going to be). The story leads into it perfectly. There is an announcement coming Oct 6, IIRC. My guess is they are going to long tease Mar/April.

What expansion are you guys talking about? More operations?

That is excellent idea! In fact, this content should be already there in 5.4!

EDIT:

In fact, without any effort to question Umbarans who was trading with them, we again look like stupid morons who deserve to get tricked every chapter.

One squad should pursue Traitor's shuttle, other squad should investigate on site.

Isn't that logical?! Why our hero can never do what is the most logical and natural course of action?

Will we just go back to the throne room and wait for Lana to deal with it using her "spy conections"?

Edited by Typhaos