They listened to my idea?! HP added to training dummy! YES

So after the thread I posted a bit back about adding HP and armour debuff to a training dummy it was actually added to 2.5 on the PTS

(my original post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673269 )

Here is the dummy mods:

http://imgur.com/a/VVX29

This is brilliant as we can now get a true parse on what each class can do in ideal conditions :).

No more excuses for a class now haha, also a fine tuning platform for devs to balance cross class DPS now too.

Very happy thank you Bioware. :D

(screenshots on PTS are courtesy of namesaretough/evrydayimsmggln)

Edited by HuNtOziO

Wait....

SO this upgrade will make the dummy have a static health value? Like... So we can actually see sub 30% on dummy? sweet....

Now I just hope that as the game goes further along they keep improving this feature.... Adding more modules. As at the moment good dps are cranking out a million damage over the 5 minute parse that the Leaderboards use as a measuring stick. And I only see the max of 1.5mill health there. Eventually classes will be able to output more then that in 5 minutes XD

Wait....

SO this upgrade will make the dummy have a static health value? Like... So we can actually see sub 30% on dummy? sweet....

Now I just hope that as the game goes further along they keep improving this feature.... Adding more modules. As at the moment good dps are cranking out a million damage over the 5 minute parse that the Leaderboards use as a measuring stick. And I only see the max of 1.5mill health there. Eventually classes will be able to output more then that in 5 minutes XD

What's the issue with that? The 5 minute mark was only based on the cd of Inspiration so it would not be used twice. There had to be some sort a way of getting the DPS value so we decided to set the S part. Now we have the D part so time constraints are irrelevant. I don't know which value will become standard but 1mil is a nice round value.

Actually, I believe the five minute mark was more to replicate a normal operation boss fight. They are usually at least five minutes. A parse can be longer than five minutes, thus making it possible to use bloodthirst twice (or more). Time-wise the only restriction is the fact that the parse has to be at least five minutes. Sustained dps classes such as annihilation marauders can keep going for ages, though, as proven by Gorband's top anni parse pre 2.4.

I do love this introduction by BW. A good step in the right direction and a nice gift to those interesting in parsing. It will also give a better indication of how classes fare against each other, as everyone now has access to armour debuff and classes with execute abilities (maras, sins, snipers) or skills that increase in damage on targets under 30% (lethality operative/sniper) can take advantage of that. Will even the field, although I guess marauders will have an advantage with BT available. They may be afraid of introducing BT in adrenal form due to their infamous ability to mess up and suddenly it can be used in operations.

All I'd like now is a tool to reset cooldowns on adrenal, relic, BT, stim boost and even abilities with a fairly long cooldown such as orbital strike. Very annoying to mess up the start and having to wait for cooldowns to reset, especially adrenal and bloodthirst.

The reset would be pretty ideal yes, save alot of time.

Also perhaps they could fix the occasional bug where the dummy goes out of combat when dot'ing up and whatnot, moderately rare but annoying when it happens...

Still this is a good change :)

All I'd like now is a tool to reset cooldowns on adrenal, relic, BT, stim boost and even abilities with a fairly long cooldown such as orbital strike. Very annoying to mess up the start and having to wait for cooldowns to reset, especially adrenal and bloodthirst.

Yes.

DO EET BIOFAIL.

Its about dummy actually attacking you, so Vangs can proc PowerBlast faster and Guardians can proc their focus, so you can effectively measure their dps

It would be funny seeing an assassin tank getting 1 shot by a training dummy :p

:rak_03:

Edited by paowee

Its about dummy actually attacking you, so Vangs can proc PowerBlast faster and Guardians can proc their focus, so you can effectively measure their dps

Ah fair point! In that regard it will help Marauders/Sentinels as well since they will have an increased generation of rage as well.

Dummys that can attack you haha thats an interesting concept...

I see people are building on this already :)

Jugg tanks dps is absolutely shocking without being attacked though, even when being attacked its still the worst out of the 3 tanks.

Dummys that can attack you haha thats an interesting concept...

I see people are building on this already :)

Jugg tanks dps is absolutely shocking without being attacked though, even when being attacked its still the worst out of the 3 tanks.

depends how good are you with Saber Reflect? I was tanking a DF 16m a while ago 2nd boss the second add group (four or five of these lightening stuff)

I had the two from the other side AOE taunted mine and had over 3k DPS after SR,

that includes the time spent on the boss and the first Add group.

[sarcasm]bad DPS indeed[/sarcasm]

I'll have to look what it does on Corruptor Zero, next time.

Unless the attack only hits for 1hp or something.

This seems like the obvious solution. It wouldn't kill you before the next server downtime. (Doesn't help saber reflect, but I don't know that we want that in a parse.)

Still, I'm not sure what to think of a dummy that attacks you. It would e.g. increase sentinel dps as well (rebuke damage and extra focus) with full uptime on being attacked, which is unrealistic as well. More options are nice, as long as it's an extra option, not automatically packaged in with the armor debuff and million HP.